Author Topic: Boondock Saints Video Game  (Read 1299 times)

Offline CaseAgainstFaith

• Pope
  • Smartass with a Dunce Hat
Boondock Saints Video Game
« on: February 28, 2012, 12:17:59 pm »
I figured that would be the coolest news I'd come across for a while. But, expectations are made to be blown away, and today the news has come out that Critical Mass Interactive is making a game based on one of my favorite films, The Boondock Saints.
Critical Mass President and CEO Matt Scibilia said the cast of the film will be doing a panel at SXSW, and the game will be shown behind closed doors at PAX East, with a wider reveal at E3. He added:

“We don’t want to do a crap-ass franchise game. We’re staying true to the content. We’re looking to expand the story, not just retell the franchise.‘The Boondock Saints’ characters are so strong — the banter, the relationships between Rocco and the brothers, the Catholicism, that will all be featured in the game.”

http://www.gameranx.com/updates/id/5288/article/boondock-saints-becoming-a-game/

Well the movie came out in '99, so I guess better late than never lol.  I think it could be interesting though none the less.
Reasoning with a fundie is like playing chess with a pigeon; no matter how good I am at chess, the pigeon is just going to knock over the pieces, crap on the board and strut around like it is victorious - Anonymous
Let us drink like dwarves; Smoke like wizards and party like hobbits!

Offline SpaceProg

• What you read is what you get.
  • The Beast
  • Nocturnal
Re: Boondock Saints Video Game
« Reply #1 on: February 28, 2012, 03:44:52 pm »
I'm probably the only one who hasn't seen the movie, but I do know the premise.  It would make an interesting game if done correctly.  I'd try it out. :)