Author Topic: Next Gen Xbox will be Disc-less Confirmed  (Read 11625 times)

Offline Witchyjoshy

• SHITLORD THUNDERBASTARD!!
  • Kakarot
  • Thinks he's a bard
Re: Next Gen Xbox will be Disc-less Confirmed
« Reply #30 on: March 14, 2012, 02:03:39 pm »
Ha, I was watching a Let's Play of either Thief or Thief II, can't remember which, and he damn near got caught. Meanwhile, I'm sitting there practically pulling my hair out.

Was the guy FrozenFoxy?
Mockery of ideas you don't comprehend or understand is the surest mark of unintelligence.

Even the worst union is better than the best Walmart.

Caladur's Active Character Sheet

Offline Sleepy

• Fuck Yes Sunshine In a Bag
  • The Beast
  • Danger zone
« Reply #31 on: March 14, 2012, 03:38:21 pm »
It was awhile ago, so I'm not entirely sure. I do remember that part being in a bedroom, though.
Guys, this is getting creepy. Can we talk about cannibalism instead?

If a clown eats salmon on Tuesday, how much does a triangle weigh on Jupiter? Ask Mr. Wiggins for 10% off of your next dry cleaning bill. -Hades

Offline RavynousHunter

• Master Thief
  • The Beast
  • A man of no consequence.
    • My Twitter
« Reply #32 on: March 14, 2012, 04:06:12 pm »
Thief is most definitely a game I recommend for...pretty much anyone who actually appreciates a good game.

*bitchslaps Splinter Cell*

This is how you do stealth!  Christ, its been 13 years, and no one since then (that I'm aware of) has ever gotten a stealth game right.  You got the archetype right there...why not play it and see just why its the archetype?
Quote from: Bra'tac
Life for the sake of life means nothing.

Art Vandelay

« Reply #33 on: March 14, 2012, 05:58:49 pm »
The first three Splinter Cell games were good. It kinda took a nose dive down the toilet after Chaos Theory though.

Offline RavynousHunter

• Master Thief
  • The Beast
    • My Twitter
« Reply #34 on: March 14, 2012, 06:33:11 pm »
They're alright...but, Sam Fischer is no Garrett.

Offline Witchyjoshy

• SHITLORD THUNDERBASTARD!!
  • Kakarot
  • Thinks he's a bard
« Reply #35 on: March 14, 2012, 10:02:23 pm »
Metal Gear Solid 3 is kind of an interesting stealth-based game.
Mockery of ideas you don't comprehend or understand is the surest mark of unintelligence.

Even the worst union is better than the best Walmart.

Caladur's Active Character Sheet

Offline RavynousHunter

• Master Thief
  • The Beast
    • My Twitter
« Reply #36 on: March 15, 2012, 12:26:01 am »
Watch this...  (spoilered because it contains spoiler material to Thief: The Dark Project and Thief Gold)

(click to show/hide)

...and tell me there's any stealth game protagonist that even comes close to that level of sheer, balls-out badassery.  Who also has a voice that makes even my straight-man knees weak.

Offline tempus

• Bishop
« Reply #37 on: March 15, 2012, 01:20:05 am »
But this new media will make it rather easy to cause legitimate console consumers the same headaches PC gamers are already having.
Maybe I'm just a thickie, but I don't see how that's the fault of using solid state cards, as they could just as easily pull the same shit even if they stuck with DVDs as their physical format of choice as evidenced by the fact that PC gamers have been dealing with this shit for years. To me it looks like more an issue of poorly thought out and draconic approaches to combating piracy than their physical storage medium of choice.

What I mean is, unless they move consoles to "always online", they couldn't really do this without changing media. However, the new media will allow them to program in wipe programs or lockups directly onto the game card. So you may still not need to connect to the internet with the new console, but your copy of Halo 50 will bind to your new XBox and never operate on any other one. So you couldn't, for example, take it to a friend's house to play with them after using it on your own system.

Which would be a fine and dandy way to kill secondhand game sales through Amazon, Gamestop and others.

Edit:  Huh, it turned into a game thread. Ah well.   So, anyone here ever hear about this "Matter Effect" thingamajigger?  It hear it has alien sideboobs...
« Last Edit: March 15, 2012, 01:26:06 am by tempus »
Congratulations.  You found Ronald Reagan. He’s living in each and every one of you.  Just waiting to gnaw his way out of your chest and skitter off into the ventilation ducts.

--Neckfucker

That shape...that figure...those curves...god damn the weighted companion cube has never looked so good!

--Anonymous

Los Angeles is a city of brick, steel, concrete, and asphalt. There's no room for cows.

--CommanderCoffee

Offline VirtualStranger

• Blinded with Science
  • The Beast
« Reply #38 on: March 15, 2012, 03:00:09 am »
Which would be a fine and dandy way to kill secondhand game sales through Amazon, Gamestop and others.

...Which is exactly what the big studios want to happen.

Offline Sleepy

• Fuck Yes Sunshine In a Bag
  • The Beast
  • Danger zone
« Reply #39 on: March 15, 2012, 11:23:34 am »
my straight-man knees

Hahaha, I'm gonna save this for future use.

Thinking back now, a bunch of my family members saw Geralt from Witcher on my desktop and began criticizing the fuck out of him. Come now, folks, he's not disgusting, he's not creepy, and he doesn't hang out in sewers all the time. I'm sure his voice makes many straight-man knees weak, as well.
Guys, this is getting creepy. Can we talk about cannibalism instead?

If a clown eats salmon on Tuesday, how much does a triangle weigh on Jupiter? Ask Mr. Wiggins for 10% off of your next dry cleaning bill. -Hades

Offline RavynousHunter

• Master Thief
  • The Beast
    • My Twitter
« Reply #40 on: March 15, 2012, 04:13:07 pm »
Pfft, don't they know every game in existence has to have at least one sewer level?