Author Topic: My Little Fundy: Friendship is HERESY!  (Read 20930 times)

Offline nickiknack

• I Find Your Lack of Ponies... Disturbing
  • The Beast
  • HAS A KINK FOR SPACE NAZIS
Re: My Little Fundy: Friendship is HERESY!
« Reply #15 on: January 13, 2012, 10:31:24 pm »
THEIR CUTIEMARKS ARE THE MARK OF THE DEVIL!!

Offline TheL

• The Cock Teasing Teacher
  • The Beast
  • Fly like cheese sticks.
« Reply #16 on: January 14, 2012, 09:25:37 am »
<a href="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KgFWtK2AoPk" target="_blank">http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KgFWtK2AoPk</a>

It's nice to see at least some shows depict faith healing appropriately (Captain Picard).

Considering the Smurfs references, I'm going to assume that this is referring to the G1 MLP, not the current crop.

Also, I need to get my ass to a toy store already, but I'm still a bit embarrassed about buying a little girls' toy at my age.
"Half the reason that I like foreign music is because I can kid myself that "Shake dat ass" is more poetic in Hindi."
--Sanda

Move every 'sig.'  For great justice!

Offline DarkfireTaimatsu

• Pope
  • Here be impies.
    • Taiblog
« Reply #17 on: January 14, 2012, 09:51:08 am »
<a href="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KgFWtK2AoPk" target="_blank">http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KgFWtK2AoPk</a>

It's nice to see at least some shows depict faith healing appropriately (Captain Picard).

Considering the Smurfs references, I'm going to assume that this is referring to the G1 MLP, not the current crop.

Also, I need to get my ass to a toy store already, but I'm still a bit embarrassed about buying a little girls' toy at my age.

Bah~  Shame is a waste of time. ^-^

I'm so well-known at my local Toys "R" Us that the cashiers know me by sight, and can comment on "haven't seen you in a while" instances.
A limerick:

There once was a unicorn who would shove
His rainbows around like a dove
"Always I'll be with you
And then make-believe with you
Harmony, Harmony, oh love"

Offline Lithp

• Official FSTDT Spokesman
  • The Beast
« Reply #18 on: January 14, 2012, 02:31:09 pm »
Most Fundies aren't internet literate, so it probably hasn't occurred to them that My Little Pony is even popular.

Offline Radiation

• ILLUMINATI...ASSEMBLE!
  • The Beast
  • Just Radiation, I am so uncreative
« Reply #19 on: January 14, 2012, 02:37:35 pm »
I'm surprised that they haven't gone after Game of Thrones yet. I mean, it's practically custom-made for them to hate:
- Rampant sex and nudity
- Gay sex
- Incest
- Uncensored violence
- Multiple non-Christian religions, including the obviously pagan religion of the old gods
- Use of dark magic
- Dragons (often seen as demonic by some fundies)
Most of the "Fantasy is of the Devil!" shit goes for the "They're trying to indoctrinate our children into Satanism/the occult/etc" appeal. Game of Thrones isn't aimed at children, so it can't really get them frothing at the mouth nearly as much as, say, Harry Potter. Or, in this case, My Little Pony.

With all of the Youtube videos about so-called "secret, hidden messages" in today's shows, particularly in children's programs I am not surprised that there are many out there that have this mindset and truly believe that MLP or the Smurfs are things "of the Devil." A lot of this is holdovers from the Satanic Panic of the 80's and 90's. Doesn't anyone remember that?
"Radiation, were beauty measured by the soul instead of the body, you would be legendary on the status of Helen of Troy. Be strong." -The Sandman

Offline ironbite

• Overlord of all that is good in Iacon City
  • Kakarot
  • Stuck in the middle with you.
« Reply #20 on: January 14, 2012, 06:41:07 pm »

Don't be....I know grown men older then you who buy My Little Pony toys.

Ironbite-get your sexy ass to the store and give the cashiers something to look at.

Offline TheL

• The Beast
« Reply #21 on: January 15, 2012, 09:00:27 am »

Ironbite-get your sexy ass to the store and give the cashiers something to look at.

Remember, I'm a teacher.  People tend to think something's wrong with a teacher who still likes kids' toys.
"Half the reason that I like foreign music is because I can kid myself that "Shake dat ass" is more poetic in Hindi."
--Sanda

Offline e13

• The Beast
  • Fabulousity is at 100%!
« Reply #22 on: January 15, 2012, 04:00:37 pm »

Remember, I'm a teacher.  People tend to think something's wrong with a teacher who still likes kids' toys.
...Really? Those were the "cool teachers" when I was in school.

Just Having Some Tea, Hanging With My Friends...

Offline Cataclysm

• The Beast
« Reply #23 on: January 15, 2012, 04:02:54 pm »
How many racists do you think will attack this show for having the three types of ponies put aside their differences and get along?
I'd be more sympathetic if people here didn't act like they knew what they were saying when they were saying something very much wrong.

Commenter Brendan Rizzo is an American (still living there) who really, really hates America. He used to make posts defending his country from anti-American attacks but got fed up with it all.

Offline nickiknack

• I Find Your Lack of Ponies... Disturbing
  • The Beast
  • HAS A KINK FOR SPACE NAZIS
« Reply #24 on: January 15, 2012, 04:53:59 pm »
I'm sure their heads already exploded at the end of the 'Bridle Gossip' episode...

Offline TheL

• The Beast
« Reply #25 on: January 15, 2012, 06:48:20 pm »

Let me rephrase.  People tend to think something's wrong with a college professor who still likes kids' toys.
--Sanda

Offline ironbite

• Overlord of all that is good in Iacon City
  • Kakarot
  • Stuck in the middle with you.
« Reply #26 on: January 15, 2012, 07:09:52 pm »

Let me rephrase.  People tend to think something's wrong with a college professor who still likes kids' toys.

really cause those were the "cool teachers" when I was in school.

Offline Cataclysm

• The Beast
« Reply #27 on: January 15, 2012, 07:13:02 pm »

I wouldn't  8)

I'm sure their heads already exploded at the end of the 'Bridle Gossip' episode...

Which is kind of ironic since I found that episode to be pretty insensitive to Native Americans.
I'd be more sympathetic if people here didn't act like they knew what they were saying when they were saying something very much wrong.

Commenter Brendan Rizzo is an American (still living there) who really, really hates America. He used to make posts defending his country from anti-American attacks but got fed up with it all.

deadpandoubter

« Reply #28 on: January 15, 2012, 07:30:26 pm »
...Native Americans? Are you sure you didn't mean Africans?

Offline Cataclysm

• The Beast
« Reply #29 on: January 15, 2012, 07:40:58 pm »
Sorry, I got confused with Over a Barrel.