Author Topic: The Adjustment Bureau  (Read 7259 times)

Offline Captain Jack Harkness

• Petter, Brony, and All-Around Cartoon Addict
  • The Beast
  • Or as a friend calls him, Captain Jack Hotness!
The Adjustment Bureau
« on: February 19, 2012, 01:06:29 pm »
So I just finished watching a really awesome movie through OnDemand!  It starred Matt Damon and some girl that I didn't recognize and forgot to check in the credits.  I guess it's based on a book called The Adjustment Team.

I don't want to spoil it, but the movie is basically a deconstruction of fate.  I thought it was pretty damned good.  It had enough plot twists to keep me guessing.  ;)
My friend's blog.  Check it out!

I blame/credit The Doctor with inspiring my name change.

Offline Cerim Treascair

• My Love Is Lunar
  • The Beast
  • Get me my arbalest... explosive bolts, please.
Re: The Adjustment Bureau
« Reply #1 on: February 19, 2012, 01:12:44 pm »
I saw that movie on a plane flight several months back... was pretty good, as I recall.
There is light and darkness in the world, to be sure.  However, there's no harm to be had in walking in the shade or shadows.

Formerly Priestling

"I don't give a fuck about race...I'm white, I'm American, but that shit don't matter.  I'm human."

Offline Dakota Bob

• The Beast
  • UGLY BAG OF MOSTLY WATER
Re: The Adjustment Bureau
« Reply #2 on: February 19, 2012, 03:51:09 pm »
I really enjoy what I've read of Philip K Dick's works, and I understand that film was based on one of his many short stories (one I need to get around to reading) I saw the film when it came out in the cinema over here and it was surprisingly good. the ending was kind of sudden though, as I remember.