Author Topic: Gamers throw shitfit re: transgender character in Baldur's Gate  (Read 35041 times)

Even Then

Re: Gamers throw shitfit re: transgender character in Baldur's Gate
« Reply #60 on: April 05, 2016, 03:58:38 pm »
Obviously, for gaming to remain a white cishet paradise.

...I'm not even kidding, that's probably what they would consider 'not pushing an agenda' since their qualification for pushing an agenda is "a transgender character exists".

Offline Ultimate Paragon

• The Beast
  • Tougher than diamonds, stronger than steel
« Reply #61 on: April 05, 2016, 04:02:24 pm »
Obviously, for gaming to remain a white cishet paradise.

...I'm not even kidding, that's probably what they would consider 'not pushing an agenda' since their qualification for pushing an agenda is "a transgender character exists".

Should I refer you to the transwoman who said she was only in there to make a political statement?  And if this is about anger over the mere existence of a trans character, why haven't gamers been up in arms over other trans characters?
« Last Edit: April 05, 2016, 04:04:37 pm by Ultimate Paragon »

Even Then

« Reply #62 on: April 05, 2016, 04:04:24 pm »
Should I refer you to the fact that nowhere did I use the words "all" or "every single one of them"? You disingenuous hack?

Offline Ironchew

• Official Edgelord
  • The Beast
  • The calm, intellectual Trotsky-like Trotskyist
« Reply #63 on: April 05, 2016, 04:08:09 pm »
Either he doesn't read our comments OR he is merely acting like a moron again.

...Honestly, UP is there something wrong with you? I know I already made the joke about you acting as dense as a suspect in court but unless you are doing this on purpose the only other option I can think of is that you are merely skimming a few of our comments and you aren't even looking into any of the topics and merely parroting information that others feed to you.

I'm starting to agree with Queen that there's something extremely fishy about UP getting his ass handed to him while six guests lurk in the background.

Dare I say they're giving him tips and tricks through other channels.
Consumption is not a politically combative act — refraining from consumption even less so.

Offline Cloud3514

• The Beast
  • 404: Personal text not found.
« Reply #64 on: April 05, 2016, 04:12:28 pm »
Should I refer you to the transwoman who said she was only in there to make a political statement?  And if this is about anger over the mere existence of a trans character, why haven't gamers been up in arms over other trans characters?

Dragon Age: Inquisition, anyone?
Who needs a signature?

Offline Askold

• Definitely not hiding a dark secret.
  • Global Moderator
  • The Beast
« Reply #65 on: April 05, 2016, 04:20:35 pm »
There usually are complaints but this time they added an LGBT character to an addon of an older game so this is double plus ungood just like making a comic book character who was previously straight into an LGBT character is also seen as worse than adding a new one.
No matter what happens, no matter what my last words may end up being, I want everyone to claim that they were:
"If you strike me down, I shall become more powerful than you could possibly imagine."
Aww, you guys rock. :)  I feel the love... and the pitchforks and torches.  Tingly!

Offline The_Queen

• Royalty & Royalty-free
  • The Beast
  • And here we go...
« Reply #66 on: April 05, 2016, 04:22:10 pm »
Serious question: if the inclusion of this character is pushing an agenda, what would NOT be pushing an agenda? The character does nothing but exist and happens to be transgender (a quality that is only revealed after optional dialogue choices). It is the base-line minimum of existence. If this is promoting an agenda, what isn't?

Simple, in Paragon's mind, white, straight, cis, men are allowed to exist, explore the world, have opinions, and do as they will. The minute that a character is not one of those qualities, it amounts to pushing an agenda against white, straight, cis, men. And really, white, straight, cis, men are the most oppressed people in America right now.

And, if you think I am kidding or being too SJW by saying this, I would like to point out that a former Admin of this board has said as much non-facetiously.
Does anyone take Donald Trump seriously, anymore?

Offline ironbite

• Overlord of all that is good in Iacon City
  • Kakarot
  • Stuck in the middle with you.
« Reply #67 on: April 05, 2016, 04:23:29 pm »
Either he doesn't read our comments OR he is merely acting like a moron again.

...Honestly, UP is there something wrong with you? I know I already made the joke about you acting as dense as a suspect in court but unless you are doing this on purpose the only other option I can think of is that you are merely skimming a few of our comments and you aren't even looking into any of the topics and merely parroting information that others feed to you.

I'm starting to agree with Queen that there's something extremely fishy about UP getting his ass handed to him while six guests lurk in the background.

Dare I say they're giving him tips and tricks through other channels.

That's just paranoia talking.  I mean if there was 5-6 people actually controlling the UP account it would explain a lot of things about him.  But then again I deal with Skyfire on a regular basis and I know how stupid someone can be.

Ironbite-the answer is very.

Offline Ultimate Paragon

• The Beast
« Reply #68 on: April 05, 2016, 04:24:34 pm »

Dragon Age: Inquisition, anyone?

Are you talking about Krem?  Because his reception was mostly positive according to BioWare.

Serious question: if the inclusion of this character is pushing an agenda, what would NOT be pushing an agenda? The character does nothing but exist and happens to be transgender (a quality that is only revealed after optional dialogue choices). It is the base-line minimum of existence. If this is promoting an agenda, what isn't?

Simple, in Paragon's mind, white, straight, cis, men are allowed to exist, explore the world, have opinions, and do as they will. The minute that a character is not one of those qualities, it amounts to pushing an agenda against white, straight, cis, men. And really, white, straight, cis, men are the most oppressed people in America right now.

And, if you think I am kidding or being too SJW by saying this, I would like to point out that a former Admin of this board has said as much non-facetiously.

Yeah, keep hammering at that strawman!  That'll show those me!

Art Vandelay

« Reply #69 on: April 05, 2016, 04:34:11 pm »
Quick question. UP, have you actually played the new Baldur's Gate expansion?

Offline Ultimate Paragon

• The Beast
« Reply #70 on: April 05, 2016, 04:37:03 pm »
Quick question. UP, have you actually played the new Baldur's Gate expansion?

No.  It's a glitchy mess.

Art Vandelay

« Reply #71 on: April 05, 2016, 04:38:37 pm »
Just as I thought.

Offline ironbite

• Overlord of all that is good in Iacon City
  • Kakarot
  • Stuck in the middle with you.
« Reply #72 on: April 05, 2016, 05:40:28 pm »
What you expected him to actually play the thing he's bitching about?

Ironbite-that's adorable.

Offline Ironchew

• Official Edgelord
  • The Beast
  • The calm, intellectual Trotsky-like Trotskyist
« Reply #73 on: April 05, 2016, 06:01:20 pm »
What you expected him to actually play the thing he's bitching about?

Ironbite-that's adorable.

I suspect UP doesn't play video games. It may be unfounded; after all, I play video games and I don't talk about them much on FQA, but he seems to obsess over gaming culture to such a degree that his lack of discussion about anything else vidya-related is bizarre.

It's like he uses gaming as convenient ammo in his anti-feminism stockpile instead of an actual hobby.
« Last Edit: April 05, 2016, 06:03:52 pm by Ironchew »
Consumption is not a politically combative act — refraining from consumption even less so.

Offline davedan

• Lord Cracker
  • The Beast
« Reply #74 on: April 05, 2016, 07:10:06 pm »
Ironchew: That would explain the fact that he doesn't care about Milo whateverthefuck bagging gamers because really he thinks their pimply little mouthbreathers as well.

Even Then: I never realised what a flexible hardcore masochist you are. Lemon juice to clean your cock? Flexible enough to bite your own taint? And most masochistic of all continually answering UP expecting him to either read your answer or to respond with any modicum of good faith.

Mellen: That's a terribly sad story about that woman being murdered. The fact that the prosecution were prepared to accept a plea on manslaughter rather than run the risk of an acquittal in this day and age on the tranny surprise defence, in circumstances where she was being street harrased. Fucking heartbreaking.