Author Topic: Mass Effect 3  (Read 80234 times)

Offline Witchyjoshy

• SHITLORD THUNDERBASTARD!!
  • Kakarot
  • Thinks he's a bard
Re: Mass Effect 3
« Reply #135 on: March 28, 2012, 01:27:14 pm »
(click to show/hide)
Mockery of ideas you don't comprehend or understand is the surest mark of unintelligence.

Even the worst union is better than the best Walmart.

Caladur's Active Character Sheet

Offline Vypernight

• The Beast
  • Stubborn, pig-headed skeptic
« Reply #136 on: March 28, 2012, 04:40:31 pm »
Well that was a weird glitch.
(click to show/hide)
Whenever I hear a politician speaking strongly for or against abortion, all I hear is, "I have no idea how to fix the economy!"

Offline Shane for Wax

• Official Mosin Nagant Fanboy, Crazy, and Lord of Androgynes
  • Kakarot
  • Twin to shy, lover of weapons, pagan, wolf-brother
    • Game Podunk
« Reply #137 on: March 28, 2012, 04:41:41 pm »
Well that was a weird glitch.
(click to show/hide)

That's a known glitch from what I know.

&
"The human race. Greatest monsters of them all."
"Ke barjurir gar'ade, jagyc'ade kot'la a dalyc'ade kotla'shya."
Fucking Dalek twats I’m going to twat you over the head with my fucking TARDIS you fucking fucks!

Offline CaseAgainstFaith

• Pope
  • Smartass with a Dunce Hat
« Reply #138 on: March 29, 2012, 10:03:17 am »
(click to show/hide)
Reasoning with a fundie is like playing chess with a pigeon; no matter how good I am at chess, the pigeon is just going to knock over the pieces, crap on the board and strut around like it is victorious - Anonymous
Let us drink like dwarves; Smoke like wizards and party like hobbits!

Offline Shane for Wax

• Kakarot
    • Game Podunk
« Reply #139 on: March 29, 2012, 10:43:49 am »
(click to show/hide)

(click to show/hide)

&
Fucking Dalek twats I’m going to twat you over the head with my fucking TARDIS you fucking fucks!

Distind

« Reply #140 on: March 29, 2012, 10:48:19 am »
(click to show/hide)

(click to show/hide)

(click to show/hide)

Offline The Illusive Man

• The Beast
  • Saw the ME3 endings, got turned into a husk. :(-
« Reply #141 on: March 31, 2012, 02:19:27 am »
For those who are not familiar:

http://www.gamefront.com/mass-effect-3-ending-hatred-5-reasons-the-fans-are-right/

Ladies and gentlemen, as someone who has bought and played ALL of the Mass Effect games AND DLC allow me to state the following:

Bioware, OH NO YOU DIDN’T, you are not Bethsaida, pulling a “Broken Steel DLC” on your fans is inexcusable. Your writers are much, much better than this.

Folks,
(click to show/hide)
and the reality is that Bioware is still trying to milk money out of the fans. The inconsequential (remind me again how the choices matter or are different?) ending was planned all along.

Worse yet this is a symptom of a change in the gaming industry, games are becoming “rent a chapter” entertainment. Want the info to fill in the plot hole? PAY MORE! Want stuff (weapons, items, characters, ect) that was supposed to be in the game? PAY MORE! Want the plot to be complete / coherent? PAY MORE!

Here let me try to summarize this using math:
Game price>$50 + [$5 to $20] + [$5 to $20] + [$5 to $20] + [$5 to $20] + [$5 to $20] + [$5 to $20] = Bend over. Notes: Game price and amount of [$5 to $20] varies per franchise and nation.
Despite knowing about indoctrination I thought it was a good idea to put a human Reaper near my office. Now I am a sentient husk :(.

*RRRRRRRRRRAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAWWWWWWWWWWWWRRRRRRRRR* *SCREECH* *smokes*

Offline Shane for Wax

• Kakarot
    • Game Podunk
« Reply #142 on: March 31, 2012, 02:27:50 am »
I'm not sure people these days even know what 'cooperative playing' is. Get to the fucking objectives quickly or else we'll just be sitting ducks. The faster we do it, the sooner the enemy stops spawning. Why do you think we're getting our asses handed to us? Because you aren't getting to the objective. Get to the objective, cover the person who is uploading, and let's move on to the next one.

This is not TDM or anything of the sort. They will keep coming if you let them. Infinite spawn is on until you finish the objectives. How is this hard to fathom?

I am getting sick of dying or getting mission failure in the multiplayer because people can't cooperate with each other. It's even worse when the little biotic thinks they can rush a Banshee or a Brute by themselves and they get killed in milliseconds and nobody can revive them because the banshee is right fucking there.

Play to your strengths. Don't think that fucking Nova can save your ass against a Banshee either, though. You can't do it by yourself. Stop making us fail because you think you are God. Team up, hit the enemy with the right combo, and let's just get it done.

&

Offline Vypernight

• The Beast
  • Stubborn, pig-headed skeptic
« Reply #143 on: March 31, 2012, 02:37:01 am »
I haven't even tried mp yet.  I heard kicking is worse than Left 4 Dead, which got annoying real fast, especially with all the loading screens.

In sp, I'm on my third run with my Vanguard.  I'm still debating on team members; probably Liara for her Singularity (easiest way to deal with the guys with shields) and either Javik, Edi, or Tali (I want to try 2 teammates with Scorps and Cryo Ammo and see how it plays).  Energy shields are no longer an issue as Shep can Charge right through them.  I'm just trying to decide on spending all my credits on Terminus Armor or just customizing.
Whenever I hear a politician speaking strongly for or against abortion, all I hear is, "I have no idea how to fix the economy!"

Offline Witchyjoshy

• SHITLORD THUNDERBASTARD!!
  • Kakarot
  • Thinks he's a bard
« Reply #144 on: March 31, 2012, 02:59:28 am »
(click to show/hide)

Honestly, can the fan rage just stop now?  It's a stupid thing to get upset over, and quite frankly, I already knew that the idea of Mass Effect 3 having so many endings depending on your choices throughout all three games was little more than a pipe dream.  It's just not realistic, unless you develop all three games at the same time, and then split the game up into three parts.  And then you'd get people complaining about that.

Just, please.  Stop whining.  It hurts my brain.
Mockery of ideas you don't comprehend or understand is the surest mark of unintelligence.

Even the worst union is better than the best Walmart.

Caladur's Active Character Sheet

Offline The Illusive Man

• The Beast
« Reply #145 on: March 31, 2012, 03:55:33 am »
(click to show/hide)

Where is this quote, can someone post a link because I am unable to find it. If this is a paraphrase of my post, then it is only half complete. If so you forgot to include that the game industry is nickel and dime-ing itself into another video game crash.

Honestly, can the fan rage just stop now?  It's a stupid thing to get upset over, and quite frankly,

No, instead of being cynical, jaded, misanthropic fucks and getting everything pirated we paid money hoping Bioware would not fuck up epically. They fucked up so bad that even the fans are trying to give them an out for some sense of recuperation. AND THEY ARE FUCKING TAKING IT. This is a repeat of what happened with Broken Steel.

Question: https://twitter.com/CrowbarRX/status/179679430002749440
Response: https://twitter.com/#!/masseffect/status/179680647869243392

https://twitter.com/GambleMike/statuses/177942797880541185?_escaped_fragment_=/GambleMike/status/177942797880541185#!/GambleMike/status/177942797880541185

I already knew that the idea of Mass Effect 3 having so many endings depending on your choices throughout all three games was little more than a pipe dream.

Importing data from saves is not a radical, new or experimental concept.

It's just not realistic, unless you develop all three games at the same time, and then split the game up into three parts.  And then you'd get people complaining about that.

Just, please.  Stop whining.  It hurts my brain.

OH GOD flash backs to Starcraft 2.

Wait, you honestly think that plot structure was not planned ahead of time? Just winging it due to lack of time describes the ending, did you ever look at the leaked script?

Despite knowing about indoctrination I thought it was a good idea to put a human Reaper near my office. Now I am a sentient husk :(.

Offline Shane for Wax

• Kakarot
    • Game Podunk
« Reply #146 on: March 31, 2012, 04:03:09 am »
I haven't even tried mp yet.  I heard kicking is worse than Left 4 Dead, which got annoying real fast, especially with all the loading screens.

In sp, I'm on my third run with my Vanguard.  I'm still debating on team members; probably Liara for her Singularity (easiest way to deal with the guys with shields) and either Javik, Edi, or Tali (I want to try 2 teammates with Scorps and Cryo Ammo and see how it plays).  Energy shields are no longer an issue as Shep can Charge right through them.  I'm just trying to decide on spending all my credits on Terminus Armor or just customizing.

Kicking? Er... not in my experience...

http://www.gamefront.com/mass-effect-3-ending-hatred-5-reasons-the-fans-are-right/

Ladies and gentlemen, as someone who has bought and played ALL of the Mass Effect games AND DLC allow me to state the following:

Bioware, OH NO YOU DIDN’T, you are not Bethsaida, pulling a “Broken Steel DLC” on your fans is inexcusable. Your writers are much, much better than this.

Folks,
(click to show/hide)
and the reality is that Bioware is still trying to milk money out of the fans. The inconsequential (remind me again how the choices matter or are different?) ending was planned all along.

Worse yet this is a symptom of a change in the gaming industry, games are becoming “rent a chapter” entertainment. Want the info to fill in the plot hole? PAY MORE! Want stuff (weapons, items, characters, ect) that was supposed to be in the game? PAY MORE! Want the plot to be complete / coherent? PAY MORE!

Game price>$50 + [$5 to $20] + [$5 to $20] + [$5 to $20] + [$5 to $20] + [$5 to $20] + [$5 to $20] = Bend over. Notes: Game price and amount of [$5 to $20] varies per franchise and nation.

Didn't I say it? Inb4 bitching about DLC. I knew it was going to happen ages ago.

Imagine if all this bitching was put towards the real atrocities in gaming, like online passes and shit like that.
« Last Edit: March 31, 2012, 04:10:59 am by Shane for Wax »

&

Offline The Illusive Man

• The Beast
« Reply #147 on: March 31, 2012, 04:47:42 am »

Folks,
(click to show/hide)

Didn't I say it? Inb4 bitching about DLC. I knew it was going to happen ages ago.

Imagine if all this bitching was put towards the real atrocities in gaming, like online passes and shit like that.

Online passes? Gimmick advertising for MMOs?

Offline Shane for Wax

• Kakarot
    • Game Podunk
« Reply #148 on: March 31, 2012, 05:15:50 am »
I don't play MMOs so no idea what you're talking about there. I mean the fucking $10 passes you need for PS3 and 360 in order to play multiplayer if you get the game used or you lose the code packaged in the game at some point. Y'know, like what is packaged in EA games?

&

Distind

« Reply #149 on: March 31, 2012, 06:57:17 am »
I don't play MMOs so no idea what you're talking about there. I mean the fucking $10 passes you need for PS3 and 360 in order to play multiplayer if you get the game used or you lose the code packaged in the game at some point. Y'know, like what is packaged in EA games?

Yeah, the horror of a game producer expecting people to pay them to be able to use their mutiplayer service. GASP! Even if they buy it used!