Author Topic: I Think I Just Ruined My Brand New Non-stick Cookware  (Read 7887 times)

Offline N. De Plume

• Mysterious Writing Implement
  • The Beast
  • Nom, nom, nom…
Re: I Think I Just Ruined My Brand New Non-stick Cookware
« Reply #15 on: March 17, 2012, 12:24:21 pm »
Just wanted to say that apparently the folks that made the cookware simply suck at SEO. While they do not provide a website or e-mail address on their paper, they do have a website. But you cannot find the website simply by searching for their brands. You specifically have to search for the company (Tabletops Unlimited), which you might not know until you are trying to figure out where to snail mail your warranty claim to and look up the address.

So, yeah, they are not total luddites. :P
-A Pen Name

Offline e13

• The Beast
  • Fabulousity is at 100%!
« Reply #16 on: March 17, 2012, 12:36:53 pm »
Their only mostly luddites.

Just Having Some Tea, Hanging With My Friends...

Offline N. De Plume

• The Beast
  • Nom, nom, nom…
« Reply #17 on: March 19, 2012, 06:52:50 pm »
Just got my rebate from the initial purchase of the cookware. Instead of a check, it is the same fucking type of gift card described by TenfoldMaquette in the Useless Gifts thread:

Those are a giant pain in the ass if you don't save the receipt every time you use them. Unlike a normal gift card, if you try to pay for something that's more expensive then the remainder on the card, it'll get flatly rejected. Typically, this leaves at least some of what's on the card unspent, which means -coupled with the "loading fee" used to put money on there in the first place - you usually get less than you pay for with those things.

And it’s got an expiration date. What a crock!
-A Pen Name

Offline N. De Plume

• The Beast
  • Nom, nom, nom…
« Reply #18 on: March 25, 2012, 09:27:17 pm »
Well, fuck!

Now my new non-stick cookie sheet is getting in on the failure action, too! And this one should have been beter quality from the get-go. I take it out of the oven with my first batch of cookies, and the edge is bent with some of the outer coating peeling off. It is not as bad as the grill pan, but It is still unacceptable that I should get this kind of damage right away.
-A Pen Name

Offline e13

• The Beast
  • Fabulousity is at 100%!
« Reply #19 on: March 29, 2012, 10:11:52 pm »
I'll keep an eye out for a good batch of kitchen supplies for you, then!

Just Having Some Tea, Hanging With My Friends...