Community > Politics and Government

Pregnant woman charged with manslaughter for being shot

(1/4) > >>

Skybison:
So in the state of Alabama there was a horrible case of infanticide.  Five months pregnant Marshae Jones got into an altercation with another woman named Ebony Jemison.  I can't find the details but Ebony ended up shooting Marshae in the stomach five times, causing her to miscarry.  Under Alabama's fetal homicide laws, this counts as manslaughter.  At first the police charged Ebony with manslaughter, but the grand jury let her off, concluding that under Alabama's Stand Your Ground laws she was acting in self defense.

So instead Marshae is being charged with manslaughter, since she murdered her baby by getting shot.  Local police said that Marshae was to blame in “initiated and pressed the fight,” and not removing herself from the situation earlier.  “Let’s not lose sight that the unborn baby is the victim here.  She had no choice in being brought unnecessarily into a fight where she was relying on her mother for protection.” said Pleasant Grove Police Lt. Danny Reid.

https://www.vox.com/identities/2019/6/27/18761652/marshae-jones-alabama-misscarriage-shooting-indictment

niam2023:
Bunch of inbreds tying themselves into knots over their disgusting inbred obsession with unborn babies.

"MURR HURR HURR HURR DA UBBORN BUHHBIES!!"

ironbite:
And Alabama's new draconian anti-abortion law gets its first major test.

Ironbite-let's see if it holds up.

Chaos Undivided:
This is like something you'd see in a parody.

Radiation:

--- Quote from: Chaos Undivided on June 28, 2019, 02:55:49 pm ---This is like something you'd see in a parody.

--- End quote ---

Yeah, a very dark one. On the other hand I would like to see how this plays out though as I am wondering if this might be the clincher for the higher courts to look at this draconian language and rule on it. I honestly don't think that there should be any law on accidental fetus death as well. I am curious as to what the courts will say and how they would rule on it.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version