Author Topic: Andrea Yates Wants To Be Allowed To Go To Church  (Read 3984 times)

Offline SpaceProg

• What you read is what you get.
  • The Beast
  • Nocturnal
Re: Andrea Yates Wants To Be Allowed To Go To Church
« Reply #15 on: April 30, 2012, 04:16:46 pm »
I do remember that the church her and her husband went to emphasized "Be fruitful and multiply" that America so desperately needs...</Sarcasm>.  Also, as she was having these kids her doctors noticed she was having a worse and worse time every time she had a child, and suggested to the couple that they stop making babies.  So while religion did have an influence (Had the preacher not preached 'pop out more babies!', she may have never sunk as low as she had.) if she goes to a church that's less about making babies and more about following Jesus's teachings, it may be very good for her.
Exactly.  I doubt the kind of service she'd go to would be the same kind with the hellish doctrine she came from.  I would so hope anyway.

Offline speshuled67

• Apprentice
Re: Andrea Yates Wants To Be Allowed To Go To Church
« Reply #16 on: May 02, 2012, 04:14:42 am »
as part of her punishment, she should go to a unitarian church... for reason's sake
There is a cult of ignorance in the United States, and there has always been. The strain of anti-intellectualism has been a constant thread winding its way through our political and cultural life, nurtured by the false notion that democracy means that “my ignorance is just as good as your knowledge.”

-Isaac Asimov