Author Topic: Mr. Trump Goes to Washington  (Read 422706 times)

Offline Tolpuddle Martyr

• The Beast
  • Have you got thumbs? SHOW ME YOUR FUCKING THUMBS!
Re: Mr. Trump Goes to Washington
« Reply #1425 on: July 31, 2017, 07:11:53 am »
If we're going to have a yapping drama queen for a president why not televise him for our collective enjoydisgust?<a href="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TwteRJTcR50" target="_blank">http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TwteRJTcR50</a>

Offline dpareja

• The Beast
« Reply #1426 on: July 31, 2017, 02:17:29 pm »
Related to GOP efforts to repeal the ACA, Tomi Lahren (essentially) said this at Politicon this weekend:

"The ACA sucks! Also, since I'm only 24, I'm still on my parents' plan!"

EDIT:

Lahren, in full:

Lahren: "I think that the, the free marketplace does better."

Interviewer: "Okay, so do you have a healthcare plan, or no?"

Lahren: "Well, luckily, I'm 24, so I'm, I am still on my parents', and so to say--"

*crowd erupts, drowning out Lahren*
« Last Edit: July 31, 2017, 02:41:17 pm by dpareja »
Quote from: Jordan Duram
It doesn't concern you, Sister, that kind of absolutist view of the universe? Right and wrong determined solely by a single all-knowing, all powerful being whose judgment cannot be questioned and in whose name the most horrendous acts can be sanctioned without appeal?

Quote from: Supreme Court of Canada
Being required by someone else’s religious beliefs to behave contrary to one’s sexual identity is degrading and disrespectful.

Offline Askold

• Definitely not hiding a dark secret.
  • Global Moderator
  • The Beast
« Reply #1427 on: July 31, 2017, 03:00:43 pm »
"The Mooch" got fired? *Vader screaming No gif*

He was such a gift to comedians already during his short term! Why must Trump ruin everything he touches?!
No matter what happens, no matter what my last words may end up being, I want everyone to claim that they were:
"If you strike me down, I shall become more powerful than you could possibly imagine."
Aww, you guys rock. :)  I feel the love... and the pitchforks and torches.  Tingly!

Offline Id82

• The Beast
« Reply #1428 on: July 31, 2017, 03:07:34 pm »
This presidency seriously. It goes to show you that Trump is terrible at hiring people.
G.O.P
a  b r
s  s o
l   t   j
i   r  e
g  u c
h  c  t
t   t

Offline dpareja

• The Beast
« Reply #1429 on: July 31, 2017, 03:11:38 pm »
What it shows you is that Reince Priebus was probably marginally competent (in Scaramucci's words, Priebus "cockblocked" him).

But is eleven days some sort of record? (Yes, the Mooch lasted 11 days.)
It doesn't concern you, Sister, that kind of absolutist view of the universe? Right and wrong determined solely by a single all-knowing, all powerful being whose judgment cannot be questioned and in whose name the most horrendous acts can be sanctioned without appeal?

Being required by someone else’s religious beliefs to behave contrary to one’s sexual identity is degrading and disrespectful.

Offline Askold

• Definitely not hiding a dark secret.
  • Global Moderator
  • The Beast
« Reply #1430 on: July 31, 2017, 03:38:55 pm »
"The Mooch" really had a career in White house like he did in Futurama:

<a href="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vDu74eMv5ME" target="_blank">http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vDu74eMv5ME</a>

To:
<a href="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=B3uk5bJcyM8" target="_blank">http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=B3uk5bJcyM8</a>
In less than two weeks.
No matter what happens, no matter what my last words may end up being, I want everyone to claim that they were:
"If you strike me down, I shall become more powerful than you could possibly imagine."
Aww, you guys rock. :)  I feel the love... and the pitchforks and torches.  Tingly!

Offline ironbite

• Overlord of all that is good in Iacon City
  • Kakarot
  • Stuck in the middle with you.
« Reply #1431 on: July 31, 2017, 03:49:27 pm »
Apparently this was at Kelly's request so the new guy is already bringing order to the White House.

Ironbite-see if it lasts the week.

Offline dpareja

• The Beast
« Reply #1432 on: July 31, 2017, 04:10:41 pm »
Apparently this was at Kelly's request so the new guy is already bringing order to the White House.

Ironbite-see if it lasts the week.

Over/under on Trump firing Kelly?

Offline niam2023

• The Beast
  • The Forum Chad
« Reply #1433 on: July 31, 2017, 05:08:28 pm »
I give Kelly a week or so.
Living Life, Lifting, Waiting for Summer

Offline dpareja

• The Beast
« Reply #1434 on: July 31, 2017, 06:18:57 pm »
Another explanation I've heard for the firing of Scaramucci is that Trump thought he was getting too much media attention and overshadowing him.

Fucking hell the President is the thinnest-skinned snowflake ever.

Offline Cloud3514

• The Beast
  • 404: Personal text not found.
« Reply #1435 on: August 02, 2017, 07:01:58 pm »
So after sitting on it for a few days, Trump finally signed the Russian sanctions bill. That he called "significantly flawed." And unconstitutional. So, I'm not in a position to comment on whether or not the sanctions bill is in fact flawed of unconstitutional, but I have to ask one question: If this bill is so bad and unconstitutional, why the FUCK did you sign it, you fucking idiot?
Who needs a signature?

Offline dpareja

• The Beast
« Reply #1436 on: August 02, 2017, 07:06:59 pm »
Because he didn't want to be embarrassed when Congress overrode the veto.

Keep in mind that it was just a few Freedom Caucus types in the House, and Paul and Sanders in the Senate, who voted against it.

Offline niam2023

• The Beast
  • The Forum Chad
« Reply #1437 on: August 02, 2017, 07:48:50 pm »
Gotta wonder why Sanders opposed the sanctions bill...
Living Life, Lifting, Waiting for Summer

Offline Svata

• Doesn't even fucking know anymore
  • The Beast
  • No, seriously, fuck astrology.
« Reply #1438 on: August 02, 2017, 07:55:52 pm »
Cause it imposes sanctions on Iran as well, IIRC
"Politician" is the occupational equivalent of "Florida".

Offline dpareja

• The Beast
« Reply #1439 on: August 02, 2017, 08:00:37 pm »
Cause it imposes sanctions on Iran as well, IIRC

He was very quick to put out a statement that he was only voting against the bill because it included sanctions against Iran.

https://www.sanders.senate.gov/newsroom/press-releases/sanders-statement-on-iran-and-russia-sanctions

I am strongly supportive of the sanctions on Russia included in this bill. It is unacceptable for Russia to interfere in our elections here in the United States, or anywhere around the world. There must be consequences for such actions. I also have deep concerns about the policies and activities of the Iranian government, especially their support for the brutal Assad regime in Syria. I have voted for sanctions on Iran in the past, and I believe sanctions were an important tool for bringing Iran to the negotiating table. But I believe that these new sanctions could endanger the very important nuclear agreement that was signed between the United States, its partners and Iran in 2015. That is not a risk worth taking, particularly at a time of heightened tension between Iran and Saudi Arabia and its allies. I think the United States must play a more even-handed role in the Middle East, and find ways to address not only Iran's activities, but also Saudi Arabia's decades-long support for radical extremism.

Paul's criticism was more wide-ranging.