Author Topic: Mass Effect 3  (Read 79992 times)

Offline ThunderWulf

• Strange, even crazy, but never dull
  • The Beast
  • By Odin's beard!
Re: Mass Effect 3
« Reply #300 on: May 04, 2012, 11:07:07 pm »
Anyone have this happen in a multiplayer game because everyone's too stupid about the turrets?

Gawd, yes.  If I'm playing my soldier, I usually use adrenaline rush and just blast the thing.  Usually seems to work pretty well.

Also, apparently there are some people out there who don't like Femshep simply because she's "too manly" and "not feminine enough".  What part of Shepard is FIGHTING A WAR don't these people get?
« Last Edit: May 04, 2012, 11:09:24 pm by TGRwulf »
a.k.a. TGRwulf
"hehehehe. you said member." ~ Shepard/Booker
"it's kind of like my right left hand on a sunday every night. How so? It beats the fuck out of me!" ~ Saturn500
"Drinking, fighting, fucking...they basically outlawed 99% of the lifestyle of your typical Irishman.  Much less your typical Viking." ~ RavynousHunter

Offline Shane for Wax

• Official Mosin Nagant Fanboy, Crazy, and Lord of Androgynes
  • Kakarot
  • Twin to shy, lover of weapons, pagan, wolf-brother
    • Game Podunk
« Reply #301 on: May 04, 2012, 11:15:26 pm »
This reminds me, I think I just realized something really awful. How old is Tali by ME2 and ME3? Because in ME1 she is going through her puberty ritual (she even mentions Grunt’s rite as puberty/a pilgrimage in ME2). Seriously close to space pedophilia.

The Mass Effect wikia is something you really should wander through once in a while, it has most birthdays for the characters. Or hell, even check the codexes (I have spent ages looking through the codexes in all 3 games simply so I know what the hell I'm saying/doing in fanfiction and the game). As it is, Tali was born in 2161. Shepard was born in 2154. 7 years difference (that would put Tali at being 22 at the start of the trilogy. Considering the lifespans, Tali is legal even in ME1). Garrus is a little bit older than Shepard, even if he does seem to be younger. We don't have a firm date of birth for him, tho.

Grunt himself is a special case being tank-bred. Being grown in a tank, cloned, etc., really throws off relative ages.

Anyone have this happen in a multiplayer game because everyone's too stupid about the turrets?

Gawd, yes.  If I'm playing my soldier, I usually use adrenaline rush and just blast the thing.  Usually seems to work pretty well.

Also, apparently there are some people out there who don't like Femshep simply because she's "too manly" and "not feminine enough".  What part of Shepard is FIGHTING A WAR don't these people get?

I suppose that's because of the default Shepard but she really doesn't look too manly. My Shepard on the other hand does. But, people will be people and bitch about FemShep until the cows come home even though she's entirely optional.
« Last Edit: May 04, 2012, 11:17:40 pm by Commander Shepard »

&
"The human race. Greatest monsters of them all."
"Ke barjurir gar'ade, jagyc'ade kot'la a dalyc'ade kotla'shya."
Fucking Dalek twats I’m going to twat you over the head with my fucking TARDIS you fucking fucks!

Offline The Illusive Man

• The Beast
  • Saw the ME3 endings, got turned into a husk. :(-
« Reply #302 on: May 04, 2012, 11:46:07 pm »

Lol really? Did they just outright ignore the entirety of Renegade anything in favor of a gender stereotype? That is just sad.

The Mass Effect wikia is something you really should wander through once in a while, it has most birthdays for the characters. Or hell, even check the codexes (I have spent ages looking through the codexes in all 3 games simply so I know what the hell I'm saying/doing in fanfiction and the game).

Good luck with that, you will probably do a better job than Bioware. Are you going to include Dark Energy? After all, someone has to adopt that unfortunate, abandoned plot thread.

I assume you have already acquired a copy of The Final Hours Of Mass Effect 3?

As it is, Tali was born in 2161. Shepard was born in 2154. 7 years difference (that would put Tali at being 22 at the start of the trilogy. Considering the lifespans, Tali is legal even in ME1). Garrus is a little bit older than Shepard, even if he does seem to be younger. We don't have a firm date of birth for him, tho.

I was given the impression that Tali was younger than twenty something years of age, late teens maybe. Good thing that was an erroneous impression.
« Last Edit: May 04, 2012, 11:55:43 pm by The Illusive Man »
Despite knowing about indoctrination I thought it was a good idea to put a human Reaper near my office. Now I am a sentient husk :(.

*RRRRRRRRRRAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAWWWWWWWWWWWWRRRRRRRRR* *SCREECH* *smokes*

Offline Shane for Wax

• Kakarot
    • Game Podunk
« Reply #303 on: May 05, 2012, 12:16:27 am »
Not my fault (nor Bioware's) people don't like to read the codexes much less anything else. The evidence is all around, people just have the attention span of a goldfish. ("Ugh, I hate reading. Why must there be so many words? Fuck that! I'll just make up what I want to as I go along!")

Also, I'm already 15 chapters in my fic and I have no intention of mentioning Dark Energy because I don't need to. I also don't know about 'doing a better job than Bioware' since I'm taking what they gave me in the first place and not even fixing anything really; it's Post-ME3 w/ Indoctrination Theory but I twisted it up to make it my own view.

I also don't need to acquire anything extra. It would just sully the story I have planned out already. I have all the plot points written out. I just need to flesh everything out and slap it up.

I really wish you'd knock off all the spite towards Bioware as a whole as well as specific members of the development team.

&
Fucking Dalek twats I’m going to twat you over the head with my fucking TARDIS you fucking fucks!

Offline The Illusive Man

• The Beast
  • Saw the ME3 endings, got turned into a husk. :(-
« Reply #304 on: May 05, 2012, 01:15:35 am »
Not my fault (nor Bioware's) people don't like to read the codexes much less anything else. The evidence is all around, people just have the attention span of a goldfish. ("Ugh, I hate reading. Why must there be so many words? Fuck that! I'll just make up what I want to as I go along!")

Replace people with Bioware and this statement becomes even more accurate.

Also, I'm already 15 chapters in my fic and I have no intention of mentioning Dark Energy because I don't need to. I also don't know about 'doing a better job than Bioware' since I'm taking what they gave me in the first place and not even fixing anything really; it's Post-ME3 w/ Indoctrination Theory but I twisted it up to make it my own view.

You paid attention to their codexes, Bioware did not. Thus you will do a better job.

I really wish you'd knock off all the spite towards Bioware as a whole as well as specific members of the development team.

They deserve that spite, every last quantum of it.
  • They knowingly defenestrated everything thematic and plot wise from ME1, ME2 and most of ME3.
  • Only to then top that by doubling down on the derp via “artistic integrity” and attempting to salvage Casey Hudson’s reputation via chapters of The Final Hours of Mass Effect 3.
  • Keep in mind that the terrible ending was Casey’s brain fart and not the other writers (sans Walters).
  • Where was the opposition from Mac Walters, he was working with Casey and opposed him before!
  • The best part? No change to the horrible ending, it gets “explained”!

Do not even try to say "But the extended cut is free", because it was not intended to be!
http://www.cinemablend.com/games/BioWare-Says-Mass-Effect-3-DLC-Was-Always-Free-Contradicts-DLC-Pricing-Scandal-41516.html

The sooner it is realized that Bioware has gone vastly downhill the sooner heads will roll.

Despite knowing about indoctrination I thought it was a good idea to put a human Reaper near my office. Now I am a sentient husk :(.

*RRRRRRRRRRAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAWWWWWWWWWWWWRRRRRRRRR* *SCREECH* *smokes*

Offline Shane for Wax

• Kakarot
    • Game Podunk
« Reply #305 on: May 05, 2012, 01:55:51 am »
Yeah, okay. But you're gonna give yourself an ulcer. Not my problem tho.

As they say, still the very model of a Mass Effect enthusiast and haters gonna hate.

I'll be over here joining this turian because my blood pressure is in control and I'm not trying to dig for reasons  to hate something/someone:

&

Offline Yla

• The Beast
« Reply #306 on: May 05, 2012, 04:01:18 am »
This reminds me, I think I just realized something really awful. How old is Tali by ME2 and ME3? Because in ME1 she is going through her puberty ritual (she even mentions Grunt’s rite as puberty/a pilgrimage in ME2). Seriously close to space pedophilia.
If she's through puberty, it's not pedophilia.
That said, I've stopped trying to anticipate what people around here want a while ago, I've found it makes things smoother.
For I was an hungred, and ye told me to pull myself up by my bootstraps: I was thirsty, and ye demanded payment for the privilege of thine urine: I was a stranger, and ye deported me: naked, and ye arrested me for indecency.

Offline Witchyjoshy

• SHITLORD THUNDERBASTARD!!
  • Kakarot
  • Thinks he's a bard
« Reply #307 on: May 05, 2012, 04:59:25 am »
I think The Illusive Man is doing his damn best to channel the still-living spirit of Mabus.

Too coherent, though.
Mockery of ideas you don't comprehend or understand is the surest mark of unintelligence.

Even the worst union is better than the best Walmart.

Caladur's Active Character Sheet

Offline Vypernight

• The Beast
  • Stubborn, pig-headed skeptic
« Reply #308 on: May 05, 2012, 05:58:24 am »
I'm currently going for the worst ending with my engineer, and man, it seems harder than going for a regular one!  I keep having to ignore people and keep myself from exploring.  I need to just complete main missions and those others that give me items that I want.  I need a Rating of 1750 or lower and I'm already at 1400 after hitting the Geth Dreadnought.
Whenever I hear a politician speaking strongly for or against abortion, all I hear is, "I have no idea how to fix the economy!"

Distind

« Reply #309 on: May 05, 2012, 06:46:15 am »
I'm currently going for the worst ending with my engineer, and man, it seems harder than going for a regular one!  I keep having to ignore people and keep myself from exploring.  I need to just complete main missions and those others that give me items that I want.  I need a Rating of 1750 or lower and I'm already at 1400 after hitting the Geth Dreadnought.

Yeah, it did seem kinda hard to fuck up. Almost all of the decent point scores are tied to the main missions.

Offline Shane for Wax

• Kakarot
    • Game Podunk
« Reply #310 on: May 05, 2012, 02:38:09 pm »
It's pretty damn hard, especially if you imported.

&

Offline Osama bin Bambi

• The Black Witch
  • Kakarot
« Reply #311 on: May 06, 2012, 05:25:57 pm »

Lol really? Did they just outright ignore the entirety of Renegade anything in favor of a gender stereotype? That is just sad.

No, I think people are just mad that FemShep isn't feminine enough because her armor doesn't show off her tits.

Also I really don't think Bioware screwing up ME3s ending is the most unforgivable thing in the world.
Formerly known as Eva-Beatrice and Wykked Wytch.

Quote from: sandman
There are very few problems that cannot be solved with a good taint punching.

Offline Vypernight

• The Beast
« Reply #312 on: May 07, 2012, 06:09:45 am »

Yeah, I think after I finish my Engineer run, I'll do an Infiltrator run, starting at ME 3 with no imports.  It's be a challenge since I'm so used to starting at level 30 but it might be fun.  I just need to decide if I want a sniper (long range) or ninja (close range and melee) character.
Whenever I hear a politician speaking strongly for or against abortion, all I hear is, "I have no idea how to fix the economy!"

Offline Shane for Wax

• Kakarot
    • Game Podunk
« Reply #313 on: May 07, 2012, 11:23:53 am »

Yeah, I think after I finish my Engineer run, I'll do an Infiltrator run, starting at ME 3 with no imports.  It's be a challenge since I'm so used to starting at level 30 but it might be fun.  I just need to decide if I want a sniper (long range) or ninja (close range and melee) character.

Doing no imports suuuucked tho. It was so bland. i tried it and instantly went back to my other Shep.

&

Offline Vypernight

• The Beast
« Reply #314 on: May 08, 2012, 04:52:42 am »
It's been pretty slow thus far.  I just got Garrus and I think I'm L 7 or something.  Still, Cloak + Melee is fun when I'm quick enough to pull it off.  I just need to speed up my cooldown and find a decent gun to use.