Author Topic: My official statement  (Read 18196 times)

Offline Jodie

• Cyborg Wannabe
  • Pope
  • WTF???
    • Doodles and stuff
Re: My official statement
« Reply #15 on: February 08, 2012, 03:11:21 pm »
Oh hello and welcome! :D
Love is patient, love is kind. It does not envy, it does not boast, it is not proud. It does not dishonor others, it is not self-seeking, it is not easily angered, it keeps no record of wrongs. Love does not delight in evil but rejoices with the truth. It always protects, always trusts, always hopes, always perseveres. Corinthians 13: 4-7

Offline Bezron

• a mysterious riddled spicy burrito wrapped enigma...stuck in some hot chick's colon dreaming of fanginas
  • Pope
« Reply #16 on: February 08, 2012, 05:07:31 pm »
I'm sorry, I'm a bit confused...

Are you some kind of enforcer?  Just here to moderate posts? 
I think he has direct access to the server (hence why he's an admin despite his posting with a regular account).

So is that a yes?  A no?  Are posts now going to be nuked from the server level?

Offline Shane for Wax

• Official Mosin Nagant Fanboy, Crazy, and Lord of Androgynes
  • Kakarot
  • Twin to shy, lover of weapons, pagan, wolf-brother
    • Game Podunk
« Reply #17 on: February 08, 2012, 05:09:26 pm »
No. That isn't the intention of Krad being here. I can assure you of that.

&
"The human race. Greatest monsters of them all."
"Ke barjurir gar'ade, jagyc'ade kot'la a dalyc'ade kotla'shya."
Fucking Dalek twats I’m going to twat you over the head with my fucking TARDIS you fucking fucks!

Offline Keiro Dreamwalker

• An Puisín Faolchú
  • Pope
« Reply #18 on: February 08, 2012, 05:10:53 pm »

I think he has direct access to the server (hence why he's an admin despite his posting with a regular account).

So is that a yes?  A no?  Are posts now going to be nuked from the server level?

He has direct access to the server, yes. No, he's not going to nuke posts from the server level.
You have made a place in my heart where I thought there was no room for anything else. You have made flowers grow where I cultivated dust and stones. Remember this, on this journey you insist on making. If you die, I will not survive you long. Dovie'andi se tovya sagain!

People so seldom say "I love you". And then it's either too late or love goes. So when I tell you I love you, It doesn't mean I know you'll never go, only that I wish you didn't have to.

Offline Paimun

• Captain Puntastic
  • Bishop
  • I'm a dirty hippie
    • COAT HANGER ABORTIONS THE MUSICAL
« Reply #19 on: February 08, 2012, 05:16:48 pm »
Kradorex is here to save us from the Matrix.

Offline Bezron

• a mysterious riddled spicy burrito wrapped enigma...stuck in some hot chick's colon dreaming of fanginas
  • Pope
« Reply #20 on: February 08, 2012, 05:28:16 pm »

He has direct access to the server, yes. No, he's not going to nuke posts from the server level.

So he's here as an enforcer then?

The question is: what exactly is the purpose of this person (obviously not just another regular new member, based upon the "official statement")?

Offline ironbite

• Overlord of all that is good in Iacon City
  • Kakarot
  • Stuck in the middle with you.
« Reply #21 on: February 08, 2012, 05:48:20 pm »
apparently it's to know what.  Not even worth it because then this thread will be locked as well.

Ironbite-really not liking what this place is becoming.

Offline Kradorex Xeron

• Technical Consultant
  • Administrator
  • Bishop
  • Digitally Original
    • Personal Site
« Reply #22 on: February 08, 2012, 05:57:37 pm »
My purpose is two-item:

1. To consult, provide guidance to the existing administration/moderation - I have extensive experience in both informal and formal situations and have experience in policy writing.

2. (as mentioned) To enforce
~Krad Xeron

Offline Yaezakura

• The Pokemon Mistress
  • God
  • Little Lesbian Gaming Goddess
    • A Mayor's Tale - The daily trials of an Animal Crossing Mayor
« Reply #23 on: February 08, 2012, 06:01:10 pm »
My purpose is two-item:

1. To consult, provide guidance to the existing administration/moderation - I have extensive experience in both informal and formal situations and have experience in policy writing.

You also need to know the community you're working in. I don't want to think you're stupid, but shutting down debate is the worst possible thing you can do in this community. We are, at our core, a community of rational people--some more so than others at times, obviously.

But not letting people talk through problems will only create more of them.

Offline Paimun

• Captain Puntastic
  • Bishop
  • I'm a dirty hippie
« Reply #24 on: February 08, 2012, 06:02:28 pm »
My purpose is two-item:

You also need to know the community you're working in. I don't want to think you're stupid, but shutting down debate is the worst possible thing you can do in this community. We are, at our core, a community of rational people--some more so than others at times, obviously.

The mods are not shutting down debate here, they're closing threads that have no purpose but to stoke the drama that happened over the weekend. I would like to think we could all stop being at each other's throats now.

Offline ironbite

• Overlord of all that is good in Iacon City
  • Kakarot
  • Stuck in the middle with you.
« Reply #25 on: February 08, 2012, 06:03:07 pm »
If you think that.....

Offline Yaezakura

• The Pokemon Mistress
  • God
« Reply #26 on: February 08, 2012, 06:05:01 pm »
My purpose is two-item:

The mods are not shutting down debate here, they're closing threads that have no purpose but to stoke the drama that happened over the weekend. I would like to think we could all stop being at each other's throats now.

Yes, because saying "any new threads to continue this discussion will be locked" is totally not shutting down debate.

Offline Paimun

• Captain Puntastic
  • Bishop
  • I'm a dirty hippie
« Reply #27 on: February 08, 2012, 06:08:49 pm »
My purpose is two-item:

Yes, because saying "any new threads to continue this discussion will be locked" is totally not shutting down debate.

There wasn't exactly any debating going on. The Vene thread descended into cute pictures. The ragequit thread was nothing but ironbite trying to get banned. I don't think I need to explain how a thread titled "You are all idiots" is not debate and straight up ad hominem. And the abandon ship thread just turned into a group hug. By all means, if you want to continue to bicker about who was to blame for what and continue to tear the board apart, start a new thread. The rest of us want to attempt to put this behind us.

Offline Kradorex Xeron

• Technical Consultant
  • Administrator
  • Bishop
  • Digitally Original
    • Personal Site
« Reply #28 on: February 08, 2012, 06:09:06 pm »
My purpose is two-item:

The problem is there are certain people who are ruining it for the whole. People who are not coming to the table rationally. There ARE many rational people here, yes, but it is extremely difficult for those people to hold stable conversation when there are people who have no interest in resolving the situation coming into the threads and wrecking it.
~Krad Xeron

Offline Yaezakura

• The Pokemon Mistress
  • God
« Reply #29 on: February 08, 2012, 06:14:42 pm »
My purpose is two-item:

The problem is there are certain people who are ruining it for the whole. People who are not coming to the table rationally. There ARE many rational people here, yes, but it is extremely difficult for those people to hold stable conversation when there are people who have no interest in resolving the situation coming into the threads and wrecking it.

Define "wrecking". Everyone has different ways of coping. Those more attached to the forums are obviously likely to be more upset at recent events. Several of our Old Guard are gone, several more are considering it. The rest of us are hoping things get better.

But people still need to talk, even if that talk isn't always friendly. That's the crux of the issue here--FSTDT was never a place to come for someone to hold your hand. It was where you came to get your ass kicked when you were acting stupid.

Right now, you're punishing the ass-kickers and shielding the stupid from what was the whole damned point of the forums.