Author Topic: Corn Removal Tips Please?  (Read 1741 times)

Offline Nightangel8212

• The Wicked Witch of the Great White North
  • The Beast
Corn Removal Tips Please?
« on: July 17, 2014, 02:33:34 am »
For many years since I was a child, I had a corn on the bottom of my foot. For many years it hadn't bothered me, but about four years ago, it started hurting... a lot. It felt like I had a pebble embedded in my foot that was jutting out. I sought out many corn removal remedies, but none of them worked for me. It wasn't until my sister got her hot tub (which her husband had accidentally used twice the normal amount of chlorine) that my corn suddenly had just fallen out.

Just a few days ago, I found that the corn is back in the exact same fucking place. It is painful to walk. My sister no longer has the hot tub, and I really don't want to go through spending a bunch of money I quite frankly don't have on the same products that did nothing for me the last time I had this problem.

Do any of you have any home remedies or suggestions on how I can get rid of this thing? I tried a google search and I'm just finding those same damn products recommended for treatment. I distinctly remember some sort of home remedy someone shared on facebook months back, but I'll be damned if I can remember exactly what you put in it... something about vinegar with water and something else. If anyone knows the right mixture or has any other suggestions on how I can get rid of this thing, I would greatly appreciate any advice you can offer me.

Thank you!

Art Vandelay

Re: Corn Removal Tips Please?
« Reply #1 on: July 17, 2014, 04:51:55 am »
An oxy-acetyline torch would probably do the trick.

Offline Yla

• The Beast
« Reply #2 on: July 17, 2014, 06:46:06 am »
If a high-chlorine hot tub has helped before, foot baths might help. Take bucket of hot water (with natron/acid/bath salts/chlorine/experiment) and put your feet in it for 30min/1h. (best done while sitting in front of the computer/TV)
That said, I've stopped trying to anticipate what people around here want a while ago, I've found it makes things smoother.
For I was an hungred, and ye told me to pull myself up by my bootstraps: I was thirsty, and ye demanded payment for the privilege of thine urine: I was a stranger, and ye deported me: naked, and ye arrested me for indecency.

Offline Canadian Mojo

• Don't Steal Him. We Need Him. He Makes Us Cool!
  • The Beast
  • Υπό σκιή
« Reply #4 on: July 17, 2014, 11:13:17 am »
An oxy-acetyline torch would probably do the trick.

I was thinking orbital sander with 60 grit.

It doesn't smell as bad.

Offline Second Coming of Madman

• Some of Internet Jesus
  • The Beast
  • Cisscum Internationale Society
« Reply #5 on: July 17, 2014, 12:31:51 pm »
You take the husk, then you get the cob inside! Easy-peasy.
@KanzlerImaginos - Feel free to drop me a line.

Toddlers get too much exercise, they wouldn't make good veal.

Offline SpaceProg

• What you read is what you get.
  • The Beast
  • Nocturnal
« Reply #6 on: July 17, 2014, 01:50:28 pm »
You've probably already tried it, but my mother used Blist-O-Sol (or something with a name similar) when she had corn problems.

EDIT:  No... that can't be right... Interweb says it's an anti-fungal... I guess I'll have to ask my mum.

EDIT 2:  She can't remember either.  Bugger.

It was some kind of callus/corn remover stuff that was a mild acid... Hell, I don't know. 
« Last Edit: July 17, 2014, 01:55:30 pm by The Doctor »

Offline Old Viking

• The Beast
  • Occasionally peevish
« Reply #7 on: July 17, 2014, 05:41:29 pm »
Sulfuric acid.  Be careful of the sensitive surrounding tissue though.
I am an old man, and I've seen many problems, most of which never happened.