Author Topic: Kid to street preacher "Jesus blah blah-no one's listening"  (Read 2532 times)

Offline Tolpuddle Martyr

• The Beast
  • Have you got thumbs? SHOW ME YOUR FUCKING THUMBS!
Kid to street preacher "Jesus blah blah-no one's listening"
« on: November 07, 2014, 04:57:53 am »
The kids being bratty, but it's funny to watch.

<a href="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uiW5aOPCaas" target="_blank">http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uiW5aOPCaas</a>

Offline Ironchew

• Official Edgelord
  • The Beast
  • The calm, intellectual Trotsky-like Trotskyist
Re: Kid to street preacher "Jesus blah blah-no one's listening"
« Reply #1 on: November 07, 2014, 11:29:03 am »
I hate kids.

That preacher was clearly in need of some of my devastating silver-bullet atheism one-liners.
Consumption is not a politically combative act — refraining from consumption even less so.

Offline mellenORL

• Pedal Pushing Puppy Peon
  • The Beast
« Reply #2 on: November 07, 2014, 01:43:51 pm »
His loud speaker was turned up way too high. The little girl was hilarious. If only someone had been walking a dog past him, we would've seen a lot of snarling and barking, pretty much just like the kid was doing.
Quote from: Ultimate Chatbot That Totally Passes The Turing Test
I sympathize completely. However, to use against us. Let me ask you a troll. On the one who pulled it. But here's the question: where do I think it might as well have stepped out of all people would cling to a layman.

Offline Ironchew

• Official Edgelord
  • The Beast
  • The calm, intellectual Trotsky-like Trotskyist
« Reply #3 on: November 07, 2014, 02:32:00 pm »
His loud speaker was turned up way too high.

Don't you mean his gospel dispersal was set to maximum? Turn it up higher, create more Christians. Are you telling me this "too high" or "annoying noise level" implication might win less converts?
Consumption is not a politically combative act — refraining from consumption even less so.

Offline ironbite

• Overlord of all that is good in Iacon City
  • Kakarot
  • Stuck in the middle with you.
« Reply #4 on: November 07, 2014, 04:41:06 pm »
What's this "noise ordnance" i'm being cited for?  I don't understand!

Offline Ghoti

• slow-burn naive
  • The Beast
  • Assume I'm crashing & burning at any given moment
« Reply #5 on: November 07, 2014, 07:22:39 pm »
As funny as this is, something bothers me about it: I'm pretty sure the girl is being goaded into yelling at the preacher by someone off-camera (you can see her look over for approval at about 23 seconds in), which would turn this into yet another example of kids being used as pawns in religious disagreements. Yeah, yeah, I know, I'm Commander Killjoy.
Long Live The Queen.

Burn fire! Hellfire! Now Anita, its your turn! Choose GamerGate, or your pyre!
Be mine or you will buuurn!!

Offline Murdin

• Bishop
« Reply #6 on: November 07, 2014, 08:45:47 pm »
Well, that WAS pretty funny. Kudos to the preacher for his patience. You have to wonder how the girl will feel about this in a few years, but I sure hope she won't get any trouble for it at any point in her life.

(click to show/hide)

Offline mellenORL

• Pedal Pushing Puppy Peon
  • The Beast
« Reply #7 on: November 07, 2014, 09:05:54 pm »
Thing is, if it was a random political spokesunit or a product salesman blaring away like that, everybody would have told him to shut it. The noise level was rude, basically. But, since it was religious, people mostly just gave it the pass, because it's so ingrained in the culture that you have to tolerate religious freedom of expression, and people do that, even when that mode of expression is obnoxiously disruptive. This little girl reminds me of the little kid in the fable The Emperors New Clothes.
Quote from: Ultimate Chatbot That Totally Passes The Turing Test
I sympathize completely. However, to use against us. Let me ask you a troll. On the one who pulled it. But here's the question: where do I think it might as well have stepped out of all people would cling to a layman.

Offline Nemo

• Pope
« Reply #8 on: November 07, 2014, 11:18:56 pm »
Since this is a little girl, my reaction to it is meh, but if it were an adult, then I'd actually side with the preacher there. I'm all for pwning street preachers, but do it with facts and wit, not matching obnoxious shouting with obnoxious shouting.
"If it's white or Jewish then they're criminals, if it's two brown people killing each other ... meh, that's their culture and we should respect it ... cultural relativists should be ashamed of themselves." - Faisal Saeed Al Mutar

Offline Ultimate Paragon

• The Beast
  • Tougher than diamonds, stronger than steel
« Reply #9 on: November 07, 2014, 11:48:07 pm »
Pretty funny video.