Author Topic: Pope Francis Excommunicates Pedophile Priest  (Read 4692 times)

Offline Random Gal

• Bisex Rex
  • The Beast
  • Sic Semper Tyrannosaurus
Re: Pope Francis Excommunicates Pedophile Priest
« Reply #15 on: November 10, 2014, 05:50:56 pm »
Why do you people always bitch when the pope does good things?
It's a very shallow PR move that's solely done to make the church seem like it's actually doing something about kiddy fiddling priests when in reality it's doing fuck all to actually fix the problem.
All I see is changing the goalposts. A while ago when pope Fransiscus did something else people said he should have excommunicated kiddy fiddlers and now when he is doing just that people are complaining about him not taking the next step.

The way I see it Fransiscus has done more than the previous popes and is slowly changing the Catholic church. If the change isn't as fast as you want it to be then say so rather than claiming that he isn't doing anything at all.

He should establish an actual change of policy regarding kiddy fiddlers. One excommunicated priest is not a bad thing, but it's not significant if it's not a prelude to all such priests being excommunicated rather than shielded.

My main criticism of Bergoglio has always been that he focuses on PR rather than reform. Excommunicating one priest could be a prelude to reform, but until it does, it's just PR. I will withhold credit until evidence of reform actually appears.

I'd at least want child molestation added to the "do this and you're automatically excommunicated" list.

Offline Witchyjoshy

• SHITLORD THUNDERBASTARD!!
  • Kakarot
  • Thinks he's a bard
« Reply #16 on: November 10, 2014, 07:35:40 pm »
Francis needs to be a lot more ballsy if he wants to impress me.

Unfortunately, anything ballsy would probably end up with him mysteriously dying.
Mockery of ideas you don't comprehend or understand is the surest mark of unintelligence.

Even the worst union is better than the best Walmart.

Caladur's Active Character Sheet

Offline ironbite

• Overlord of all that is good in Iacon City
  • Kakarot
  • Stuck in the middle with you.
« Reply #17 on: November 10, 2014, 08:37:09 pm »
Well he just demoted a top US Cardinal who was a huge advocate of treating gays like hellspawn and the Cardinal said the Pope doesn't have the authority to change the Church's teachings on homosexuality.

Ironbite-uh....isn't the Pope your boss there Cardinal Bitchypants?

Offline Witchyjoshy

• SHITLORD THUNDERBASTARD!!
  • Kakarot
  • Thinks he's a bard
« Reply #18 on: November 10, 2014, 10:05:43 pm »
Well he just demoted a top US Cardinal who was a huge advocate of treating gays like hellspawn and the Cardinal said the Pope doesn't have the authority to change the Church's teachings on homosexuality.

Ironbite-uh....isn't the Pope your boss there Cardinal Bitchypants?

The Pope only has power so long as his uses of that power align with the wishes of the people who put him on his throne.

Just ask John Paul II.
Mockery of ideas you don't comprehend or understand is the surest mark of unintelligence.

Even the worst union is better than the best Walmart.

Caladur's Active Character Sheet