Author Topic: My Little Pony: Friendship is Magic  (Read 569510 times)

Offline affirmedatheist

• Neonate
    • Writings of an Affirmed Atheist (my blog)
Re: My Little Pony: Friendship is Magic
« Reply #570 on: February 28, 2012, 06:36:37 am »
Yeah, I snatched them up immediately! :D I encourage others to do the same and spread pony far and wide!.. Well, farther and wider than we already have... Where isn't pony these days? It's across the States, Canada, Australia, Europe... I don't know about chunks of Africa, South America and I don't think we own all of Asia yet... Hmm...

Indeed.

Oh gosh, when Japan gets a hold of it, things could get weird.

...Not that I'm not a living example of pony weirdness or anything.

>.>

Offline Yla

• The Beast
« Reply #571 on: February 28, 2012, 12:18:15 pm »
How is it that so many stories on eqD are [Grimdark]? (4/4 in today's updates) The originality of contrasting the kids'-show setting with gory themes has worn off by now, but apparently people still aren't fed up with it.
That said, I've stopped trying to anticipate what people around here want a while ago, I've found it makes things smoother.
For I was an hungred, and ye told me to pull myself up by my bootstraps: I was thirsty, and ye demanded payment for the privilege of thine urine: I was a stranger, and ye deported me: naked, and ye arrested me for indecency.

Offline e13

• The Beast
  • Fabulousity is at 100%!
« Reply #572 on: February 28, 2012, 01:00:12 pm »
Dark is fun!  ::)

Sadness time. I don't know if any of you read Sister Claire by Yamino, however... when the "Last Roundup" came out, she stated she didn't care for the portrayal of Derpy, thinking some could find it offensive.

She immediately got flamed, hard, but it died down.

No, with the current... drama, check this out.

http://forum.deviantart.com/devart/suggestions/1703732/

She's been driven to ask for the ability to directly block commentators, due to thousands of people flooding her deviant art page with hate. They're blaming one web comic artist, with a somewhat decent web profile, for "ruining" Derpy.

Love and Friendship indeed. She had an opinion and she's being badgered for it. None the less, she still seems to like the show.  :-\

Just Having Some Tea, Hanging With My Friends...

Offline nickiknack

• I Find Your Lack of Ponies... Disturbing
  • The Beast
  • HAS A KINK FOR SPACE NAZIS
« Reply #573 on: February 28, 2012, 01:06:59 pm »
I've heard that she's been getting a lot of hate, I watch a lot of pony related stuff on DA, and most of the groups are telling their watchers & members to stop the shit.

Offline Captain Jack Harkness

• Petter, Brony, and All-Around Cartoon Addict
  • The Beast
  • Or as a friend calls him, Captain Jack Hotness!
« Reply #574 on: February 28, 2012, 01:12:31 pm »
How is it that so many stories on eqD are [Grimdark]? (4/4 in today's updates) The originality of contrasting the kids'-show setting with gory themes has worn off by now, but apparently people still aren't fed up with it.

Execution is more important than genre.  Also, you have to remember that the show has well-developed characters, and many Grimdark writers like to take advantage of those personalities by putting ponies in less than ideal situations that the show would never be able to properly cover.
My friend's blog.  Check it out!

I blame/credit The Doctor with inspiring my name change.

Offline e13

• The Beast
  • Fabulousity is at 100%!
« Reply #575 on: February 28, 2012, 01:22:30 pm »

Execution is more important than genre.  Also, you have to remember that the show has well-developed characters, and many Grimdark writers like to take advantage of those personalities by putting ponies in less than ideal situations that the show would never be able to properly cover.

Thankfully. I could barely handle the Discord episode!

I'm an odd bunny. I watch slasher movies for fun, but make Twilight Sparkle sad and I fall apart. :(

Just Having Some Tea, Hanging With My Friends...

Offline Yaezakura

• The Pokemon Mistress
  • God
  • Little Lesbian Gaming Goddess
    • A Mayor's Tale - The daily trials of an Animal Crossing Mayor
« Reply #576 on: February 28, 2012, 01:37:52 pm »
I don't mind dark stories. Sad times are a part of life, and what give the happy times meaning. But when a story is dark just to be dark, like everyone dying at the end for no good reason, it just feels kind of pointless.

Offline Cerim Treascair

• My Love Is Lunar
  • The Beast
  • Get me my arbalest... explosive bolts, please.
« Reply #577 on: February 28, 2012, 03:30:24 pm »
You think that's a lot of Grimdark? you should have seen the fic queue in October... we once got 76 fics in one day.  37 of them were grimdark.  EIGHT in a ROW were grimdark.  It nearly made three of us quit.

And Grimdark's popular because of the pile of trash that is Fallout: Equestria.  No, we're not kidding.  We didn't have this problem before we stupidly agreed to post that fic.

Then Kkat, the author, has the damn nerve to tell us that A., we're wrong in our assessments of most fics, and B., she can do our job better than our collective 30+ plots can.

/Bitter, me?
//Oh, you betcha
/// By Celestia's Beard, We Do Not Like Her.
There is light and darkness in the world, to be sure.  However, there's no harm to be had in walking in the shade or shadows.

Formerly Priestling

"I don't give a fuck about race...I'm white, I'm American, but that shit don't matter.  I'm human."

Offline Yaezakura

• The Pokemon Mistress
  • God
  • Little Lesbian Gaming Goddess
    • A Mayor's Tale - The daily trials of an Animal Crossing Mayor
« Reply #578 on: February 28, 2012, 03:32:22 pm »
I'm pretty sure I'd find it hard to like anyone who wrote a fic called Fallout: Equestria. Never read it, but I have a pretty good feeling it isn't worth reading to begin with.

Offline Da Rat Bastid

• Pope
  • Takes what he can, while he can.
« Reply #579 on: February 28, 2012, 04:27:56 pm »
You think that's a lot of Grimdark? you should have seen the fic queue in October... we once got 76 fics in one day.  37 of them were grimdark.  EIGHT in a ROW were grimdark.  It nearly made three of us quit.

And Grimdark's popular because of the pile of trash that is Fallout: Equestria.  No, we're not kidding.  We didn't have this problem before we stupidly agreed to post that fic.

Then Kkat, the author, has the damn nerve to tell us that A., we're wrong in our assessments of most fics, and B., she can do our job better than our collective 30+ plots can.

/Bitter, me?
//Oh, you betcha

So, you wouldn't want to read my upcoming MLP 40k story, then? :P

Offline Cerim Treascair

• My Love Is Lunar
  • The Beast
« Reply #580 on: February 28, 2012, 05:15:26 pm »

/Bitter, me?
//Oh, you betcha

So, you wouldn't want to read my upcoming MLP 40k story, then? :P

Do you REALLY want me to go back in the queue and count just how many 40K fics we've gotten in the last three months, Rat? Because I can do it.

Now, admittedly, we have a couple that have been pulled off (Archives of the Friendquisition comes to mind), but 40K, along with Fallout and 'Dash loses her wings' fics we've gotten so many of that we will automatically reject them.

As a fellow pony writer put it to me on the phone:  "These are happy, fluffy, smiling ponies! Why would you put them through such utter hell?!"
There is light and darkness in the world, to be sure.  However, there's no harm to be had in walking in the shade or shadows.

Formerly Priestling

"I don't give a fuck about race...I'm white, I'm American, but that shit don't matter.  I'm human."

Offline TheL

• The Cock Teasing Teacher
  • The Beast
  • Fly like cheese sticks.
« Reply #581 on: February 28, 2012, 05:22:00 pm »
As a fellow pony writer put it to me on the phone:  "These are happy, fluffy, smiling ponies! Why would you put them through such utter hell?!"

Because it's FUN! :D [/sadist]
"Half the reason that I like foreign music is because I can kid myself that "Shake dat ass" is more poetic in Hindi."
--Sanda

Move every 'sig.'  For great justice!

Offline Cerim Treascair

• My Love Is Lunar
  • The Beast
« Reply #582 on: February 28, 2012, 07:07:21 pm »

Because it's FUN! :D [/sadist]

Don't make me convince Celestia to send you to the moon...

Formerly Priestling

Offline N. De Plume

• Mysterious Writing Implement
  • The Beast
  • Nom, nom, nom…
« Reply #583 on: February 28, 2012, 07:09:46 pm »

I'm an odd bunny. I watch slasher movies for fun, but make Twilight Sparkle sad and I fall apart. :(

Well, it might have something to do with the fact that Twilight is not an asshole, but 9 out of 10 slasher victims are.
-A Pen Name

Offline Cerim Treascair

• My Love Is Lunar
  • The Beast
« Reply #584 on: February 28, 2012, 07:14:01 pm »

Well, it might have something to do with the fact that Twilight is not an asshole, but 9 out of 10 slasher victims are.

Ahem... Lesson Zero, anypony?

Formerly Priestling