Author Topic: Best Political Cartoons  (Read 1650245 times)

Offline davedan

• Lord Cracker
  • The Beast
Re: Best Political Cartoons
« Reply #6240 on: April 23, 2020, 09:47:06 pm »
Why don't you ask the Poles how many men armed with guns does it take to beat a tank?

You are also assuming that no armed civilians would turn out in support of the US military
« Last Edit: April 23, 2020, 09:50:40 pm by davedan »

Offline RavynousHunter

• Master Thief
  • The Beast
  • A man of no consequence.
    • My Twitter
« Reply #6241 on: April 24, 2020, 10:29:16 am »
Here are a few statistics you might find interesting.

There are about 1.5 million people in all branches of the American military put together. The majority are unarmed noncombatant support staff.

Between one-third and one-half of American adults own guns. Some only have one, but the average number is eight guns. About half of non-gun owners would be willing to own a gun in the future.

Even if we go with the more conservative estimates and assume that only a tenth would fight, armed civilians would outnumber the military two-to-one. And because this is a point that bears repeating, most people in the military don't actually fight.

...You know those weapons are basically fucking cap guns compared to actual military hardware, right?  This isn't 1782, where the best anyone could hope for was a flintlock musket.  The military (hell, even SWAT teams) have an enormous technological advantage against Joe Scumfuck that thinks his .223 Remington hunting rifle can stand toe-to-toe with assault rifles, submachine guns, and squad automatic weapons like the M249 SAW.

That also completely discounts the extreme amount of training and experience even your average Army grunt has over John Q. Gunlicker who, most of the time, could just about run thru the woods at his auntie's house in Sisterfist, Arkansas and maybe hit a can with his illegally modified AR-15.

Again, even against a comparatively tame SWAT team, most of these LARPing dipshits would last about half an hour before either being arrested or ventilated.  Sure, you'd have a few ex-military holdouts here and there, but its exceedingly unlikely they're the second coming of Simo Haeyhae.  Most of 'em are Frank Castle wannabes that, again, would eventually either be forced to eat turf and get yeeted behind steel bars for the rest of their lives, or cornered in whatever backwoods trailer they made their home and turned into pincoushins.
Quote from: Bra'tac
Life for the sake of life means nothing.

Offline Id82

• The Beast
« Reply #6242 on: April 24, 2020, 02:58:03 pm »
Yeah I'm afraid Technology trumps numbers. The US army has made it that they don't even need boots on the ground to fight battles. Just an unmanned undetectable drone that can carpet bomb a whole city block in a matter of seconds. Or a powerful LED light ( vomit gun ) that makes people so sick it causes them to stop and puke all over the place.
G.O.P
a  b r
s  s o
l   t   j
i   r  e
g  u c
h  c  t
t   t

Offline niam2023

• The Beast
  • The Forum Chad
« Reply #6243 on: April 24, 2020, 03:35:12 pm »
I'd pay money to watch a bunch of hicks try and fight something like an ED-209.

My money's on the 209.
Living Life, Lifting, Waiting for Summer

Offline Id82

• The Beast
« Reply #6244 on: April 25, 2020, 01:20:33 am »
But that's not a real thing.
G.O.P
a  b r
s  s o
l   t   j
i   r  e
g  u c
h  c  t
t   t

Offline niam2023

• The Beast
  • The Forum Chad
« Reply #6245 on: April 25, 2020, 01:40:20 am »
...Is it now?

https://steelturman.typepad.com/thesteeldeal/2006/11/antipersonnel_r.html

Techwin developed a robot outfitted with voice recognition software (hopefully less buggy), its mobile, and given quite a lethal set of weapons. They're primarily used on the Korean border, but aside from that, they can be bought up at 200,000 dollars. It even looks a lot like the good ol' ED-209.

...I think I know what I'm spending some of my acting money on.
Living Life, Lifting, Waiting for Summer

Offline RavynousHunter

• Master Thief
  • The Beast
  • A man of no consequence.
    • My Twitter
« Reply #6246 on: April 25, 2020, 01:53:59 pm »
Does it still squeal like a piggy when it falls over?
Quote from: Bra'tac
Life for the sake of life means nothing.

Offline dpareja

• The Beast
« Reply #6247 on: April 29, 2020, 09:34:51 pm »
Quote from: Jordan Duram
It doesn't concern you, Sister, that kind of absolutist view of the universe? Right and wrong determined solely by a single all-knowing, all powerful being whose judgment cannot be questioned and in whose name the most horrendous acts can be sanctioned without appeal?

Quote from: Supreme Court of Canada
Being required by someone else’s religious beliefs to behave contrary to one’s sexual identity is degrading and disrespectful.

Offline davedan

• Lord Cracker
  • The Beast
« Reply #6248 on: May 04, 2020, 09:49:34 pm »

Offline Id82

• The Beast
« Reply #6249 on: May 04, 2020, 10:55:27 pm »
Wait is Alex Jones (I think that's Alex Jones) supposed to be Judas?
G.O.P
a  b r
s  s o
l   t   j
i   r  e
g  u c
h  c  t
t   t

Offline davedan

• Lord Cracker
  • The Beast
« Reply #6250 on: May 05, 2020, 06:26:04 am »
I think that's Mike Pompeo

Offline Vanto

• Bishop
« Reply #6251 on: May 14, 2020, 12:24:44 pm »
Stop the timeline, I wanna get off.

Offline Skybison

• The Beast
« Reply #6252 on: May 15, 2020, 12:13:06 am »
Well said Justin, well said.  Better gun laws are needed to prevent more tragedies like we had recently.

Offline Vanto

• Bishop
« Reply #6253 on: May 15, 2020, 06:38:31 pm »
Well said Justin, well said.  Better gun laws are needed to prevent more tragedies like we had recently.

What laws would have prevented the tragedy in Nova Scotia? And does what happened justify screwing over law-abiding citizens?
Stop the timeline, I wanna get off.

Offline dpareja

• The Beast
Quote from: Jordan Duram
It doesn't concern you, Sister, that kind of absolutist view of the universe? Right and wrong determined solely by a single all-knowing, all powerful being whose judgment cannot be questioned and in whose name the most horrendous acts can be sanctioned without appeal?

Quote from: Supreme Court of Canada
Being required by someone else’s religious beliefs to behave contrary to one’s sexual identity is degrading and disrespectful.