Author Topic: American drone strike kills Iranian general  (Read 4904 times)

Offline niam2023

• The Beast
  • The Forum Chad
Re: American drone strike kills Iranian general
« Reply #30 on: January 15, 2020, 01:08:33 am »
How am I not surprised to see that Jill "Big Crystal" Stein voter is supposed to be someone whose opinion is valued?

I don't pay heed to Kyle Kulinski.
Living Life, Lifting, Waiting for Summer

Online dpareja

• The Beast
« Reply #31 on: January 15, 2020, 02:26:29 am »
I was linking that particular video because it contained the CNN clip for which I was commending CNN. What Kyle had to say about it is not relevant to the point that, contrary to what I had thought would prove the case, CNN did in fact run a piece covering the history of US-Iran relations.

If you want to give Kyle's commentary a miss, start at 0:22 and end at 4:00.
Quote from: Jordan Duram
It doesn't concern you, Sister, that kind of absolutist view of the universe? Right and wrong determined solely by a single all-knowing, all powerful being whose judgment cannot be questioned and in whose name the most horrendous acts can be sanctioned without appeal?

Quote from: Supreme Court of Canada
Being required by someone else’s religious beliefs to behave contrary to one’s sexual identity is degrading and disrespectful.

Offline Kanzenkankaku

• The Beast
  • Dreamer/Lightner
    • Mastadon Account
« Reply #32 on: January 18, 2020, 03:29:04 am »
How am I not surprised to see that Jill "Big Crystal" Stein voter is supposed to be someone whose opinion is valued?

I don't pay heed to Kyle Kulinski.

Then who do you pay heed to? He's got far more integrity than 90% or more of the mainstream outlet people. He's up front about being very opinionated and is capable of admitting fault when needed. Unlike the awful dreck that were the moderators on that CNN Dem debate the other night or how NYT somehow still publishes Bedbug Bret Stevens, who's just another racist weirdo with a newspaper column and a victim complex who more properly belongs in a PragerU video rather than getting any attention from places that are supposed to be reputable.

Offline niam2023

• The Beast
  • The Forum Chad
« Reply #33 on: January 18, 2020, 11:59:14 am »
You mean as opposed to a Green Party voting, Russia shilling, so called "Free Speech Absolutist" who's on record whinging on about "safe spaces" and content warnings?

I'm not going to apologize for the fact I get my news from the mainstream and a group of comedians.

But by all means, go ahead and share more about your opinions on the "Fake News Media". Just don't suddenly expect me to adore alternative media.

Offline davedan

• Lord Cracker
  • The Beast
« Reply #34 on: January 19, 2020, 04:34:03 pm »
Doesn't Kyle Kulinski actually get his news from the maintsream media too? Doesn't he really just provide opinion and commentary? I know the Young Turks are hiring some investigative journalists but most of the youtube news rely on the mainstream media (unless they simply make up the news ala info wars).

I don't mind Kyle but I have to say the funniest opinions I see are from Sam Seder and Michael Brooks.

Offline niam2023

• The Beast
  • The Forum Chad
« Reply #35 on: January 19, 2020, 04:49:04 pm »
Yeah, and I recall seeing on Rationalwiki that Kyle Kulinski stepped out from the Justice Democrats because he didn't like that they got rid of Cenk Uygur, a sex pest, sexist, and general loonie.

So are we really at the point where you're tellin' me I'm just supposed to take the word of The Young Turks as truth and be "skeptical" of the Main Stream Media for...what, not kissing Bernie's feet?

Offline davedan

• Lord Cracker
  • The Beast
« Reply #36 on: January 19, 2020, 05:43:38 pm »
What's the story with Cenk being a 'sex pest'? Hadn't heard that before. I know Cenk comes across very full on but the hole point of getting money out of US politics is actually really sensible.

But as I said these guys do 'opinions' you shouldn't get your news from them.

Just in the same way you should think about your own beliefs and not simply parrot the incredibly charismatic Christopher Hitchens. Although I must say I wish all the Hitch fans had stayed with him rather than migrating to Jordon 'Kermit' Peterson.

Offline niam2023

• The Beast
  • The Forum Chad
« Reply #37 on: January 19, 2020, 06:00:16 pm »
https://www.huffpost.com/entry/justice-democrats-ousts-cenk-uygur_n_5a3eb4d1e4b025f99e178181

https://rationalwiki.org/wiki/The_Young_Turks#Cenk_means_battle

On top of how very long it took him to recognize the Armenian Genocide. And you know, the title of his fucking network was the same as the Nazi-like group that was involved with said genocide.

Offline Kanzenkankaku

• The Beast
  • Dreamer/Lightner
    • Mastadon Account
« Reply #38 on: January 19, 2020, 09:41:15 pm »
Yeah, and I recall seeing on Rationalwiki that Kyle Kulinski stepped out from the Justice Democrats because he didn't like that they got rid of Cenk Uygur, a sex pest, sexist, and general loonie.

So are we really at the point where you're tellin' me I'm just supposed to take the word of The Young Turks as truth and be "skeptical" of the Main Stream Media for...what, not kissing Bernie's feet?

You don't have to be pro-Bernie to notice how unfairly slanted people in the media class get even remotely. You have to keep in mind what the slant is no matter what the source is. It's easy to dismiss TYT because of Cenk's baggage but its much more insidious when someone has baggage that's easily covered up because of their connections and the "correct opinions" than any edgy hothead e-celeb type like Uygur.