Author Topic: The Funny/Stupid Pics Thread  (Read 2025084 times)

Offline Askold

• Definitely not hiding a dark secret.
  • Global Moderator
  • The Beast
Re: The Funny/Stupid Pics Thread
« Reply #12120 on: May 03, 2019, 11:34:11 am »
No matter what happens, no matter what my last words may end up being, I want everyone to claim that they were:
"If you strike me down, I shall become more powerful than you could possibly imagine."
Aww, you guys rock. :)  I feel the love... and the pitchforks and torches.  Tingly!

Offline Chaos Undivided

• Pope
  • Death to the False Emperor!
« Reply #12121 on: May 03, 2019, 11:46:31 am »

« Last Edit: May 03, 2019, 12:10:10 pm by Chaos Undivided »
Anti-authoritarian, anti-extremist, anti-bullshit.

Offline Askold

• Global Moderator
  • The Beast
« Reply #12122 on: May 13, 2019, 07:15:53 am »

...This account has apparently been suspended now and there was still a debate whether or not it was a troll account (that had been active for years) or if this guy really lacked self awareness as badly as the image makes it seem.
No matter what happens, no matter what my last words may end up being, I want everyone to claim that they were:
"If you strike me down, I shall become more powerful than you could possibly imagine."
Aww, you guys rock. :)  I feel the love... and the pitchforks and torches.  Tingly!

Art Vandelay

« Reply #12123 on: May 13, 2019, 07:32:48 am »
Women really are terrible at sex. They never even come close to finishing before I do.

Art Vandelay

« Reply #12124 on: May 13, 2019, 12:03:42 pm »

« Last Edit: May 13, 2019, 12:07:44 pm by Art Vandelay »

Offline Chaos Undivided

• Pope
« Reply #12125 on: May 13, 2019, 01:08:44 pm »

Offline ironbite

• Overlord of all that is good in Iacon City
  • Kakarot
  • Stuck in the middle with you.
« Reply #12126 on: May 13, 2019, 04:54:26 pm »

...This account has apparently been suspended now and there was still a debate whether or not it was a troll account (that had been active for years) or if this guy really lacked self awareness as badly as the image makes it seem.

I've been seeing this particular joke a lot lately.

Ironbite-not sure why either.

Offline Sigmaleph

• Ungodlike
  • Administrator
  • The Beast
    • sigmaleph on tumblr
« Reply #12127 on: May 13, 2019, 09:24:00 pm »

...this makes substantially less sense than the original, which was about streaming services
Σא

Offline RavynousHunter

• Master Thief
  • The Beast
  • A man of no consequence.
    • My Twitter
« Reply #12128 on: May 13, 2019, 10:28:39 pm »
Eh, it kinda makes sense, to me.  PC has always been more of an inclusive gaming thingie: you download the game, it fuckin' works.  Then, Steam gave everybody and their dimwitted aunt the idea of centralizing distribution of their games; EA's got Origin, Ubisoft has uPlay, etc.  Some because they needed/wanted launchers for option customization and shit, but a lot just because they wanted their own clubhouse.  Then comes along Epic, trying (and failing miserably) at aping Steam...which was fine because Steam has a tonne of mush-mouthed, buck-toothed huncback cousins, nowadays.  Then, Epic got greedy and signed a bunch of games that were gonna come to the quasi-monopoly platform that provides the superior service (what fucking e-commerce place doesn't have a fucking shopping cart?) as timed exclusives.

Honestly, I've been leery of this kinda shit since Steam started hosting things other than Valve's own games.  Having a unified launcher and platform for your own shit is fine, but it always struck me as kinda worrisome when they started hawking other people's shit, too.  Once again, I was fuckin' right to be concerned, because now the anti-consumer bullshit that are "exclusive titles" is trying to infest the PC environment.
Quote from: Bra'tac
Life for the sake of life means nothing.

Offline Askold

• Global Moderator
  • The Beast
« Reply #12129 on: May 14, 2019, 01:31:04 am »
I on the other hand think that the biggest benefit for a service like Steam is how much it makes the users life easier. Therefore hosting products from lots of companies makes it better.

I'm not going to bother signing up for a dozen services like Steam and using all of them so I'm just going to go with one.

Also, unlike with TV shows and movies that I am simply content to watch once and be done with it, games are things that I go back to frequently and therefore the threshold for buying a game is much higher (as is the price) than it is for watching a movie. In effect this means that if the game isn't on Steam or GOG (the two services I use) or I can't find a copy of it easily, I am much less likely to want to buy it. If a film or show interests me but isn't on Netflix then I may be tempted to rent it from elsewhere or go see it in a theatre or whatever.

As for piracy, I can't be bothered these days. I have enough games and access to films. If a company doesn't but them in the services that I use or otherwise make it easily available, then I guess they don't want my money and then I'll lose interest.

Offline Askold

• Global Moderator
  • The Beast
« Reply #12130 on: May 14, 2019, 07:13:22 am »

I've been seeing this particular joke a lot lately.

Ironbite-not sure why either.

It was the first I saw of that but now that you mention it, I've later seen a few variations later on.

Maybe it's just another joke that became popular and people are repeating it or maybe it's based on a real statement and therefore gets around?

Offline Chaos Undivided

• Pope
« Reply #12131 on: May 14, 2019, 06:29:06 pm »

Offline Chaos Undivided

• Pope
« Reply #12132 on: May 23, 2019, 10:24:06 am »

This is about what I'd expect from Alabama, but the way this is worded made me laugh.

Offline SCarpelan

• The Beast
« Reply #12133 on: June 24, 2019, 08:32:22 am »

Offline dpareja

• The Beast
« Reply #12134 on: July 04, 2019, 03:26:10 am »

Quote from: Jordan Duram
It doesn't concern you, Sister, that kind of absolutist view of the universe? Right and wrong determined solely by a single all-knowing, all powerful being whose judgment cannot be questioned and in whose name the most horrendous acts can be sanctioned without appeal?

Quote from: Supreme Court of Canada
Being required by someone else’s religious beliefs to behave contrary to one’s sexual identity is degrading and disrespectful.