Author Topic: CNN Accused of Rewriting Questions by Parkland Survivor's Family  (Read 6857 times)

Offline Lana Reverse

• The Beast
CNN Accused of Rewriting Questions by Parkland Survivor's Family
« on: February 25, 2018, 10:50:24 am »
http://www.businessinsider.com/parkland-shooting-survivors-family-shops-doctored-cnn-emails-to-media-2018-2?r=UK&IR=T

On the one hand, given CNN's well-documented history of sleaze and dishonesty, I can believe they'd do something like this. On the other, I don't think the word document evidence is convincing enough. But either way, I can just tell the conspiracy theorists are going to latch on to this like the leeches they are.
Beware those who hate the rich more than they love the poor.

Offline Askold

• Definitely not hiding a dark secret.
  • Global Moderator
  • The Beast
Re: CNN Accused of Rewriting Questions by Parkland Survivor's Family
« Reply #1 on: February 25, 2018, 11:49:49 am »
First of all, the victim's father doctored the messages to make it look like CNN was doing something shady, but CNN is able to show the original messages which make it clear that Colton submitted the question, not CNN. The fact that the father decided to edit out that comment should make it obvious that he also understood that the real evidence is not on his side.

Second: What fucking "well-documented history?"
No matter what happens, no matter what my last words may end up being, I want everyone to claim that they were:
"If you strike me down, I shall become more powerful than you could possibly imagine."
Aww, you guys rock. :)  I feel the love... and the pitchforks and torches.  Tingly!

Offline Lana Reverse

• The Beast
« Reply #2 on: February 25, 2018, 12:35:01 pm »
First of all, the victim's father doctored the messages to make it look like CNN was doing something shady, but CNN is able to show the original messages which make it clear that Colton submitted the question, not CNN. The fact that the father decided to edit out that comment should make it obvious that he also understood that the real evidence is not on his side.

Second: What fucking "well-documented history?"

First, how do we know CNN released the real emails?

Second, they lied in their coverage of the Milwaukee riots. They misled viewers with a fake "satellite" interview. They apparently threatened to dox a Redditor over a wrestling meme.

CNN is not publishing "HanA**holeSolo's" name because he is a private citizen who has issued an extensive statement of apology, showed his remorse by saying he has taken down all his offending posts, and because he said he is not going to repeat this ugly behavior on social media again. In addition, he said his statement could serve as an example to others not to do the same.

CNN reserves the right to publish his identity should any of that change.

Emphasis mine.

Offline Askold

• Definitely not hiding a dark secret.
  • Global Moderator
  • The Beast
« Reply #3 on: February 25, 2018, 02:23:08 pm »

Where should I start? Hanassholesolo wasn't hunted down for making a "wrestling meme." He made a wrestling gif that represented Trump beating up CNN which was later retweeted by Trump. That made him newsworthy, who was Trump retweeting? Well, he is an online troll who makes antisemitic and racist memes and hate speech. CNN tracked him down, interviewed him and said that they won't release his personal information (which isn't even technically doxxing because they aren't a random creep on the net who tries to form a lynch mob.)

And the only ones I've seen calling it a Doxx so far have been Neo-Nazis and T_D trumpettes who act like this is a massive scandal.
No matter what happens, no matter what my last words may end up being, I want everyone to claim that they were:
"If you strike me down, I shall become more powerful than you could possibly imagine."
Aww, you guys rock. :)  I feel the love... and the pitchforks and torches.  Tingly!

Offline SCarpelan

• The Beast
« Reply #4 on: February 25, 2018, 02:28:31 pm »
And the only ones I've seen calling it a Doxx so far have been Neo-Nazis and T_D trumpettes who act like this is a massive scandal.
Are you implying Anal Paragon gets half their talking points from alt-right / gator echo bubble? The nerve!

Offline Lana Reverse

• The Beast
« Reply #5 on: February 25, 2018, 03:12:01 pm »

Where should I start? Hanassholesolo wasn't hunted down for making a "wrestling meme." He made a wrestling gif that represented Trump beating up CNN which was later retweeted by Trump. That made him newsworthy, who was Trump retweeting? Well, he is an online troll who makes antisemitic and racist memes and hate speech. CNN tracked him down, interviewed him and said that they won't release his personal information (which isn't even technically doxxing because they aren't a random creep on the net who tries to form a lynch mob.)

You're right that he was newsworthy and a troll. But doxing is doxing, in spirit if not in letter, regardless of who's doing it.

Offline ironbite

• Overlord of all that is good in Iacon City
  • Kakarot
  • Stuck in the middle with you.
« Reply #6 on: February 25, 2018, 03:25:23 pm »
.....le sigh.

*throws flags and blows whistle*  Multiple fouls on the play...

We have

Also

And finally we have

Ironbite-half the distance to the goal, first down.

Offline Lana Reverse

• The Beast
« Reply #7 on: February 25, 2018, 04:00:29 pm »
.....le sigh.

*throws flags and blows whistle*  Multiple fouls on the play...

We have

Also

And finally we have

Ironbite-half the distance to the goal, first down.

Mind showing where I went wrong?

Offline ironbite

• Overlord of all that is good in Iacon City
  • Kakarot
  • Stuck in the middle with you.
« Reply #8 on: February 25, 2018, 06:59:24 pm »
*more whistles*

Foul on the play.

Ironbite-10 yard penalty, repeat second down.

Offline niam2023

• The Beast
  • The Forum Chad
« Reply #9 on: February 25, 2018, 07:09:47 pm »
Lana, if you haven't figured out by now they won't oblige you on that, you're probably hopeless.
Living Life, Lifting, Waiting for Summer

Offline Lana Reverse

• The Beast
« Reply #10 on: February 25, 2018, 07:34:03 pm »
Lana, if you haven't figured out by now they won't oblige you on that, you're probably hopeless.

Ah, so nibbles isn't trying to give constructive criticism, he just wants to score points. So much for assuming good faith.

Offline Skybison

• The Beast
« Reply #11 on: February 25, 2018, 09:49:17 pm »

Lana was banned from the zoo last year for trying have sex with the tapirs.

Sure I have no evidence for that, but how do we know you weren't?  Since we don't obviously we should assume you are a Tapir fucker.

Offline Lana Reverse

• The Beast
« Reply #12 on: February 25, 2018, 10:19:17 pm »

Lana was banned from the zoo last year for trying have sex with the tapirs.

Sure I have no evidence for that, but how do we know you weren't?  Since we don't obviously we should assume you are a Tapir fucker.

I wasn't saying we should assume anything. I was only saying that evidence presented by the defense should be scrutinized rather than simply declared genuine.

Offline Skybison

• The Beast
« Reply #13 on: February 25, 2018, 10:23:16 pm »
Fair enough.  Any evidence you present that you are not a Tapir fucker will be scrutinized rather then simply declared genuine.

Do you have any evidence that you are not a Tapir Fucker?

Offline Lana Reverse

• The Beast
« Reply #14 on: February 26, 2018, 12:23:30 am »
Fair enough.  Any evidence you present that you are not a Tapir fucker will be scrutinized rather then simply declared genuine.

Do you have any evidence that you are not a Tapir Fucker?

The family has evidence for their accusations. Evidence that can be examined. You do not.