Author Topic: What are your stereotypes?  (Read 11937 times)

Offline Askold

• Definitely not hiding a dark secret.
  • Global Moderator
  • The Beast
Re: What are your stereotypes?
« Reply #45 on: November 06, 2014, 05:06:44 pm »
Sites like 4Chan and Reddit, etc. are hopelessly shrouded by violently racist, misogynist, homophobic and transphobic sociopaths. Said people also cannot cope with reality the same way the worst of Tumblr cannot cope with reality.

On one hand I've seen intellegent conversations and debates on some parts of 4chan, on the other hand even those threads usually draw in a few racists, misogynists, homophobics and transphobic sociopaths who may or may not be simply trolling...
No matter what happens, no matter what my last words may end up being, I want everyone to claim that they were:
"If you strike me down, I shall become more powerful than you could possibly imagine."
Aww, you guys rock. :)  I feel the love... and the pitchforks and torches.  Tingly!

Offline Ultimate Paragon

• The Beast
  • Tougher than diamonds, stronger than steel
« Reply #46 on: November 06, 2014, 06:29:48 pm »
The more loudly someone proclaims and takes pride in the fact that they're a skeptic, the less likely they are to be anything but arbitrary skeptics.

In other words, you're skeptical of skeptics :P

Offline Second Coming of Madman

• Some of Internet Jesus
  • The Beast
  • Cisscum Internationale Society
« Reply #47 on: November 06, 2014, 06:34:54 pm »
People who spend their time getting riled about pointless internet scandals everybody will forget in a year on the outside are the embodiment of "first world problems".
@KanzlerImaginos - Feel free to drop me a line.

Toddlers get too much exercise, they wouldn't make good veal.

Offline I am lizard

• The Beast
    • https://www.instagram.com/p/9SIHifrULJ/
« Reply #48 on: November 12, 2014, 01:40:31 pm »
I'm suspicious who overuses words and phrases like "Social justice warrior" "Radflake" "tumblrina" and "nipple-waffler"

The best way to judge a someone in a fandom is how well they take sly digs at there fandom.
Those who go into "Not all fans" mode when they hear a joke at their fandom's expense are gonna be assholes.
« Last Edit: November 12, 2014, 11:33:20 pm by I am lizard »

Offline Sigmaleph

• Ungodlike
  • Administrator
  • The Beast
    • sigmaleph on tumblr
« Reply #49 on: November 12, 2014, 11:04:26 pm »
Anyone who overuses words and phrases like "Social justice warrior" "Radflake" "tumblrina" and "nipple-waffler"

I'd be impressed to find anyone who overuses "radflake", considering there's like five people who have ever used it at all.
Σא

Offline I am lizard

• The Beast
« Reply #50 on: November 12, 2014, 11:25:15 pm »
Anyone who overuses words and phrases like "Social justice warrior" "Radflake" "tumblrina" and "nipple-waffler"

I'd be impressed to find anyone who overuses "radflake", considering there's like five people who have ever used it at all.
Well, true.
« Last Edit: November 12, 2014, 11:42:24 pm by I am lizard »

Art Vandelay

« Reply #51 on: November 12, 2014, 11:28:47 pm »
Won't someone please think of the social justice warriors?!

Offline I am lizard

• The Beast
« Reply #52 on: November 12, 2014, 11:43:55 pm »
Won't someone please think of the social justice warriors?!
No. No one must think about them ever.

I suppose I should clarify my earlier point. I wasn't saying anyone who mocks "Superwholocks4socialjustice" is scum, I was referring to people who call anyone who challenges their sexist, transphobic worldview an "SJW"

Now that I think of it I already covered this before.
« Last Edit: November 12, 2014, 11:50:10 pm by I am lizard »

Offline Alehksunos

• Transvestite Boo-kin
  • The Beast
  • Gay Witch for Abortion
« Reply #53 on: November 13, 2014, 01:18:45 am »
Sites like 4Chan and Reddit, etc. are hopelessly shrouded by violently racist, misogynist, homophobic and transphobic sociopaths. Said people also cannot cope with reality the same way the worst of Tumblr cannot cope with reality.

Reading me rag on 4Chan in this post is amusing now because of my current avatar, being the unofficial mascot of the site.

It is also amusing that - said this before and will say it again - the titular little girl from a sweet, inoffensive little series of slice of life manga (and the very few I consider worth reading because it's the very few I can even bear touching and not want to gag) is the unoffical mascot of a site usually full of said "shut-in sociopaths".