Author Topic: Video Game Thread 2.0  (Read 1510527 times)

Offline Shane for Wax

• Official Mosin Nagant Fanboy, Crazy, and Lord of Androgynes
  • Kakarot
  • Twin to shy, lover of weapons, pagan, wolf-brother
    • Game Podunk
Re: Video Game Thread 2.0
« Reply #1635 on: January 30, 2013, 06:42:31 pm »
I find myself utterly amused with Saints Row 3. Genki Bowl is my favorite activity.

&
"The human race. Greatest monsters of them all."
"Ke barjurir gar'ade, jagyc'ade kot'la a dalyc'ade kotla'shya."
Fucking Dalek twats I’m going to twat you over the head with my fucking TARDIS you fucking fucks!

Offline chad sexington

• Global Moderator
  • The Beast
« Reply #1636 on: January 31, 2013, 07:37:27 am »
Pagan Expansion for Crusader Kings II has been announced!  About fecking time! :D

Offline ThunderWulf

• Strange, even crazy, but never dull
  • The Beast
  • By Odin's beard!
« Reply #1637 on: January 31, 2013, 09:48:11 am »
Nothing is more annoying then trying to form an Xbox LIVE party with someone who has a shitty internet connection.
a.k.a. TGRwulf
"hehehehe. you said member." ~ Shepard/Booker
"it's kind of like my right left hand on a sunday every night. How so? It beats the fuck out of me!" ~ Saturn500
"Drinking, fighting, fucking...they basically outlawed 99% of the lifestyle of your typical Irishman.  Much less your typical Viking." ~ RavynousHunter

Art Vandelay

« Reply #1638 on: January 31, 2013, 12:31:45 pm »
<a href="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fXty2JYIjPo" target="_blank">http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fXty2JYIjPo</a>
You know, shit like this is why I love indie games. For all the piles of neo-retro dross that ranges from mediocre to shovelware, the gems are really something amazing.

Saturn500

« Reply #1639 on: January 31, 2013, 03:45:56 pm »
[Browses the Coming Soon section on Steam]

[Sees that the PC version of Ys I & II Chronicles is there]

[Pre-purchases it immediately]

Art Vandelay

« Reply #1640 on: January 31, 2013, 11:29:31 pm »
Goddamnit, I can't run Antichamber at more than 3-4 frames per second. Though I'll hopefully have a solution to that one in the near future.

Offline syaoranvee

• The Beast
« Reply #1641 on: February 02, 2013, 05:14:55 am »
I have almost cleared out The Savage Coast in The Secret World.  Until this point, I haven't had much trouble with the missions they throw out at me.  However, I've had "fun" with two particular missions, one dealing with having to destroy a wraith in a academy that emerges into the world through mirrors. The mission requires you to bring it down to about a quarter of it's health in which it will then run back into the mirror nearby, the problem? The mission is bugged.  The mirrors respawn faster then you can destroy them in four parallel classrooms, I sat for a hour destroying the same four mirrors over again until I looked it up and found out it's basically a unfinishable mission.

And the second mission? This fucker.  He uses the souls of children in a abandoned amusement park.  I've fought him over a dozen times already and at this point he might as well be telling me to "assume the position" when I show up now.  Fucker basically is all area damage attacks and has a high amount of HP.  An example

Art Vandelay

« Reply #1642 on: February 02, 2013, 06:12:43 am »
As it turns out, Antichamber is one of precious few Steam-bought games that'll run just fine without the Steam client. With a little tinkering, I just may be able to squeeze a reasonable frame rate out of this game.

Offline Shane for Wax

• Official Mosin Nagant Fanboy, Crazy, and Lord of Androgynes
  • Kakarot
  • Twin to shy, lover of weapons, pagan, wolf-brother
    • Game Podunk
« Reply #1643 on: February 02, 2013, 07:22:52 am »
Apparently gamefly doesn't like newborn accounts buying PC games without doing some sort of background check on you.

I guess I have to wait a bit longer for my discounted Torchlight 2.

&
"The human race. Greatest monsters of them all."
"Ke barjurir gar'ade, jagyc'ade kot'la a dalyc'ade kotla'shya."
Fucking Dalek twats I’m going to twat you over the head with my fucking TARDIS you fucking fucks!

Distind

« Reply #1644 on: February 03, 2013, 10:38:14 am »
And the second mission? This fucker.  He uses the souls of children in a abandoned amusement park.  I've fought him over a dozen times already and at this point he might as well be telling me to "assume the position" when I show up now.  Fucker basically is all area damage attacks and has a high amount of HP.  An example
Use things that break line of sight, I finally nailed the prick after getting real creative with abusing the hit detection.

But I've got to say, the guys who called Omerta the XCom of the mob needs to be beaten. I like the game, but it doesn't measure up to the new XCom or the old, and there are whining idiots everywhere complaining because they bought it expecting a lot more.

Offline Sleepy

• Fuck Yes Sunshine In a Bag
  • The Beast
  • Danger zone
« Reply #1645 on: February 04, 2013, 04:02:26 pm »
Played Alice: Madness Returns on the 360 for awhile and it was amazing. I love the trippy worlds and the platforming is always enjoyable.
Guys, this is getting creepy. Can we talk about cannibalism instead?

If a clown eats salmon on Tuesday, how much does a triangle weigh on Jupiter? Ask Mr. Wiggins for 10% off of your next dry cleaning bill. -Hades

Offline Dakota Bob

• The Beast
  • UGLY BAG OF MOSTLY WATER
« Reply #1646 on: February 04, 2013, 05:10:44 pm »
The original Alice game was pretty rad too, might be hard to come by since it was only released on PC in 2000 as far as I know.

Offline Sleepy

• Fuck Yes Sunshine In a Bag
  • The Beast
  • Danger zone
« Reply #1647 on: February 04, 2013, 06:02:12 pm »
The 360 copy actually came with the original Alice, though it was kinda crummy to play with the 360 controller. I'm sure it's better on PC.
Guys, this is getting creepy. Can we talk about cannibalism instead?

If a clown eats salmon on Tuesday, how much does a triangle weigh on Jupiter? Ask Mr. Wiggins for 10% off of your next dry cleaning bill. -Hades

Offline CaseAgainstFaith

• Pope
  • Smartass with a Dunce Hat
« Reply #1648 on: February 04, 2013, 07:13:24 pm »
My Current Gaming news updates

List of possible new PC Steam games that were found looking around in the CDR last night (http://cdr.thebronasium.com/cdr)

La-Mulana

The Splatters

Octodad: Dadliest Catch Beta

Duke Nukem 3D: Atomic Edition (Duke Nukem 3D+)

Super House of Dead Ninjas

Fez

LucasArts Test App

Fast and Furious 6

Lococycle

Yogventures!

Dyad

Cut the Rope

Shadow Warrior Complete

THE KING OF FIGHTERS XIII

Retro/Grade

Resident Evil: Revelations

THE KING OF FIGHTERS 2002 UNLIMITED MATCH

THE KING OF FIGHTERS ’98 ULTIMATE MATCH

Quantum Conundrum 2

Halo 3

Halo 2

Halo: Combat Evolved

The Witness

Angry Birds Space

Angry Birds Seasons

Second Life

Also
So anyone looked at getting the new Sim City game? I don't plan on it even though I so wanted another Sim City game.

The game devs did a AMA last month and well....all of my fears for the game have come true. Here is their Reddit AMA - http://www.reddit.com/r/IAmA/comments/14umm1/we_are_the_simcity_dev_team_from_maxis_amaa/ and here is a link for the highlights of it  - http://www.uproxx.com/gammasquad/2012/12/so-the-simcity-ama-did-not-go-very-well/

And lastly for those who don't know, Jay Wilson the Game Director of Diablo 3 was fired (no joke) http://us.battle.net/d3/en/forum/topic/7592242994
« Last Edit: February 04, 2013, 07:15:42 pm by CaseAgainstFaith »
Reasoning with a fundie is like playing chess with a pigeon; no matter how good I am at chess, the pigeon is just going to knock over the pieces, crap on the board and strut around like it is victorious - Anonymous
Let us drink like dwarves; Smoke like wizards and party like hobbits!

Offline Alehksunos

• Transvestite Boo-kin
  • The Beast
  • Gay Witch for Abortion
« Reply #1649 on: February 05, 2013, 12:26:15 am »
Since Alice: Madness Returns has been mentioned recently, for anyone who owns this game on Steam and not a physical PC CD-ROM copy or the console ports:

Does the Steam release have a code for the original American McGee's Alice? I'm saying this because I'm one of those people who like to play the first game prior to the sequel(s).