Author Topic: Video Game Thread 2.0  (Read 1507329 times)

Offline Alehksunos

• Transvestite Boo-kin
  • The Beast
  • Gay Witch for Abortion
Re: Video Game Thread 2.0
« Reply #2115 on: March 27, 2013, 05:48:51 pm »
I'm so happy Bioshock: Infinite is out...

However, I have not played Bioshock 2. Honestly, is it worth giving that game a spin at least, because most of the time I always want to play the preceding game(s) first before playing the sequel(s).

Offline FirsthandTuna

• Pope
« Reply #2116 on: March 27, 2013, 06:10:54 pm »

However, I have not played Bioshock 2. Honestly, is it worth giving that game a spin at least, because most of the time I always want to play the preceding game(s) first before playing the sequel(s).

I'd say playing the first BioShock will enhance the experience, but isn't necessary. I didn't play the second and I don't think I missed out on anything. BioShock 2 isn't even made by the same developers.
"Fraudulent ONEness of religious academia has retarded your opposite rationale brain to a half brain slave." - The Wisest Man Who Ever Lived

Offline chitoryu12

• The Beast
  • Tax-Payer Rhino
« Reply #2117 on: March 27, 2013, 06:24:28 pm »
BioShock 2 is only somewhat of a direct continuation of the first one: it shows what happened to Rapture after the ending of the first game, but it's got a different protagonist and all different weapons since you're playing as a completely different kind of character. However, the first two only have a tenuous connection to Infinite at best outside of what gameplay and sound effects have been ported over. Their connection is explained toward the end of the story, but it's on a deeper level than simply prequel/sequel.
Still can't think of a signature a year later.

Offline Dakota Bob

• The Beast
  • UGLY BAG OF MOSTLY WATER
« Reply #2118 on: March 27, 2013, 06:25:58 pm »
Playing BioShock 1 for the first time was a fantastic experience for me, I think BioShock 2 improved on some of the flaws of the first game.

Offline ThunderWulf

• Strange, even crazy, but never dull
  • The Beast
  • By Odin's beard!
« Reply #2119 on: March 27, 2013, 07:14:53 pm »
I have a BioShock Infinite on hold, but I'm not going to be able to pick it up until this weekend. :(
a.k.a. TGRwulf
"hehehehe. you said member." ~ Shepard/Booker
"it's kind of like my right left hand on a sunday every night. How so? It beats the fuck out of me!" ~ Saturn500
"Drinking, fighting, fucking...they basically outlawed 99% of the lifestyle of your typical Irishman.  Much less your typical Viking." ~ RavynousHunter

Offline FirsthandTuna

• Pope
« Reply #2120 on: March 27, 2013, 07:37:11 pm »
I have a BioShock Infinite on hold, but I'm not going to be able to pick it up until this weekend. :(

It's a fucking good game, try to avoid spoilers.
"Fraudulent ONEness of religious academia has retarded your opposite rationale brain to a half brain slave." - The Wisest Man Who Ever Lived

Offline syaoranvee

• The Beast
« Reply #2121 on: March 27, 2013, 07:47:24 pm »
Konami's conference today had the announcement of MGS: Ground Zeroes and The Phantom Pain actually being the same game: Metal Gear Solid V.

Trailer:
<a href="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xw5t45tEPWQ" target="_blank">http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xw5t45tEPWQ</a>

Gameplay:
<a href="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PisJDUCdPqI" target="_blank">http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PisJDUCdPqI</a>

Also on the topic of Elder Scrolls:

(click to show/hide)

Offline ThunderWulf

• Strange, even crazy, but never dull
  • The Beast
  • By Odin's beard!
« Reply #2122 on: March 27, 2013, 08:07:46 pm »
Also on the topic of Elder Scrolls:

(click to show/hide)

Pleeeeeaaaaaaaaase let this game be good!
a.k.a. TGRwulf
"hehehehe. you said member." ~ Shepard/Booker
"it's kind of like my right left hand on a sunday every night. How so? It beats the fuck out of me!" ~ Saturn500
"Drinking, fighting, fucking...they basically outlawed 99% of the lifestyle of your typical Irishman.  Much less your typical Viking." ~ RavynousHunter

Offline chitoryu12

• The Beast
  • Tax-Payer Rhino
« Reply #2123 on: March 27, 2013, 08:16:22 pm »
Ah, I see Kojima's love for gratuitous man ass shots has reached its graphic peak!

Offline FirsthandTuna

• Pope
« Reply #2124 on: March 27, 2013, 08:16:32 pm »
Every time someone says TES:O is the first time we'll be seeing all of Tamriel in one game, I die a little inside.

Offline Shane for Wax

• Official Mosin Nagant Fanboy, Crazy, and Lord of Androgynes
  • Kakarot
  • Twin to shy, lover of weapons, pagan, wolf-brother
    • Game Podunk
« Reply #2125 on: March 27, 2013, 08:24:45 pm »

Considering Bioshock Infinite is a spiritual prequel, you have no real need to play the first two.

&
"The human race. Greatest monsters of them all."
"Ke barjurir gar'ade, jagyc'ade kot'la a dalyc'ade kotla'shya."
Fucking Dalek twats I’m going to twat you over the head with my fucking TARDIS you fucking fucks!

Offline FirsthandTuna

• Pope
« Reply #2126 on: March 27, 2013, 08:27:38 pm »

Considering Bioshock Infinite is a spiritual prequel, you have no real need to play the first two.

Have you beaten the game? I don't want to spoil anything, but I'd say that having played the first one or at least knowing the story of it  enhances the game at a certain point.

Offline Shane for Wax

• Official Mosin Nagant Fanboy, Crazy, and Lord of Androgynes
  • Kakarot
  • Twin to shy, lover of weapons, pagan, wolf-brother
    • Game Podunk
« Reply #2127 on: March 27, 2013, 08:29:51 pm »

Have you beaten the game? I don't want to spoil anything, but I'd say that having played the first one or at least knowing the story of it  enhances the game at a certain point.

I said no real need for a reason. Enhancing something doesn't make it necessary.

&
"The human race. Greatest monsters of them all."
"Ke barjurir gar'ade, jagyc'ade kot'la a dalyc'ade kotla'shya."
Fucking Dalek twats I’m going to twat you over the head with my fucking TARDIS you fucking fucks!

Offline Dakota Bob

• The Beast
  • UGLY BAG OF MOSTLY WATER
« Reply #2128 on: March 27, 2013, 08:55:55 pm »
Okay, I just finished BioShock: Infinite. no spoilers but holy fuck that ending.

Offline chitoryu12

• The Beast
  • Tax-Payer Rhino
« Reply #2129 on: March 27, 2013, 09:06:56 pm »
IGN is suffering huuuuge backlash for their walkthrough of it. They uploaded the entire thing (47 videos in all, with 30 vids being the actual walkthrough and two separate vids for the ending and post-credits sting, as well as an introduction video and 14 videos for all the voxophones) nearly instantaneously just before the midnight release, which resulted in all of the millions of subscribers getting their sub boxes spammed with BioShock Infinite videos that started to push the older videos in it out of line. They apparently uploaded them out of order as well before sorting them into the playlist (which resulted in chunks of the game missing for a time), there's a ton of problems where the sound didn't sync to the point where the entire initial Siren battle has the sound up to 5 seconds ahead of the action, and the video showing the battle on the Hand of the Prophet is in 240p even when you switch it to HD.

The comments are almost nothing but people saying "STOP SPAMMING!" and "UNSUBBED".