Author Topic: Video Game Thread 2.0  (Read 1509732 times)

Offline kefkaownsall

• The Beast
Re: Video Game Thread 2.0
« Reply #3135 on: August 17, 2013, 03:49:40 pm »
Is that sarcasm about ads iron

Offline Shane for Wax

• Official Mosin Nagant Fanboy, Crazy, and Lord of Androgynes
  • Kakarot
  • Twin to shy, lover of weapons, pagan, wolf-brother
    • Game Podunk
« Reply #3136 on: August 17, 2013, 04:52:21 pm »
Just downloaded Dead Rising 2 and in the process of downloading Dead Rising 2: Case Zero. Both are free from now until the end of the month w/ the free with gold program going on.

Also I'm downloading Spartacus Legends. It was free, too. Though it's actually a F2P with the ever popular microtransactions. They had a similar game on Facebook (I think that one's defunct now) so if you played the game on Facebook I'm sure you're familiar with how Spartacus Legends is played on the 360/PS3.

&
"The human race. Greatest monsters of them all."
"Ke barjurir gar'ade, jagyc'ade kot'la a dalyc'ade kotla'shya."
Fucking Dalek twats I’m going to twat you over the head with my fucking TARDIS you fucking fucks!

Offline The Illusive Man

• The Beast
  • Saw the ME3 endings, got turned into a husk. :(-
« Reply #3137 on: August 17, 2013, 06:08:31 pm »
This E.Y.E Divine Cybermancy games is one of the strangest things I have ever played. I have no idea what to think of it
The ending is a massive lol wut riddle, trapped in an enigma locked in a Chinese Box. When you figure it out you get a cliffhanger!

The Bioware fandom is one of the worst ones out there. I don't know what about the games they make causes bad people to come around.
Immature, sexually frustrated teen boys. Lots and lots of them. With a few disturbed individuals sprinkled in for taste. You should have seen the Tali's Sweat thread/ See also Talimancer.

I honestly wouldn't give a rat's ass if the Bioware forums went down and the employees stopped interacting with the fans.
Happened multiple times already along with multiple thread deletions and Stanley Woo banning everyone until he flipped his shit.
« Last Edit: August 17, 2013, 06:27:47 pm by The Illusive Man »
Despite knowing about indoctrination I thought it was a good idea to put a human Reaper near my office. Now I am a sentient husk :(.

*RRRRRRRRRRAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAWWWWWWWWWWWWRRRRRRRRR* *SCREECH* *smokes*

Offline ironbite

• Overlord of all that is good in Iacon City
  • Kakarot
  • Stuck in the middle with you.
« Reply #3138 on: August 17, 2013, 06:16:37 pm »

Hey Kef...I don't make fun of the way you type, how bout you use my god damn full name?

Ironbite-k?

Offline Cerim Treascair

• My Love Is Lunar
  • The Beast
  • Get me my arbalest... explosive bolts, please.
« Reply #3139 on: August 17, 2013, 06:33:21 pm »
So I just downloaded and started playing Mirror's Edge thanks to the Humble Bundle...

... god DAMN is it fun, but unforgiving.
There is light and darkness in the world, to be sure.  However, there's no harm to be had in walking in the shade or shadows.

Formerly Priestling

"I don't give a fuck about race...I'm white, I'm American, but that shit don't matter.  I'm human."

Offline chitoryu12

• The Beast
  • Tax-Payer Rhino
« Reply #3140 on: August 17, 2013, 06:33:34 pm »

Hey Kef...I don't make fun of the way you type, how bout you use my god damn full name?

Ironbite-k?

Full names are serious business.

Edit:

Just downloaded Dead Rising 2 and in the process of downloading Dead Rising 2: Case Zero. Both are free from now until the end of the month w/ the free with gold program going on.

So I was pretty bummed that I've been missing out on Games With Gold, since my 360 can't access the internet and all.

Then I remembered that my sister has her own 360, which is newer and thus able to connect to the internet of its own accord. And we were keeping Gold running because she uses it on her own console.

*clicks the download button*
« Last Edit: August 17, 2013, 06:51:40 pm by chitoryu12 »
Still can't think of a signature a year later.

Offline Dakota Bob

• The Beast
  • UGLY BAG OF MOSTLY WATER
« Reply #3141 on: August 17, 2013, 07:07:18 pm »
So I just downloaded and started playing Mirror's Edge thanks to the Humble Bundle...

Just beat that game recently and goddamn was it enjoyable. too bad it was short. The animation was done so well, when you got a good stride going it just felt so great, really engrossing. Missing my mark and falling off a building was never fun, because it actually felt like I was speeding towards the concrete.

Offline Cerim Treascair

• My Love Is Lunar
  • The Beast
  • Get me my arbalest... explosive bolts, please.
« Reply #3142 on: August 17, 2013, 07:29:19 pm »

Just beat that game recently and goddamn was it enjoyable. too bad it was short. The animation was done so well, when you got a good stride going it just felt so great, really engrossing. Missing my mark and falling off a building was never fun, because it actually felt like I was speeding towards the concrete.

Terminal velocity *is* a thing, and all.  I'm mostly annoyed, at this juncture (partway through chapter two) where it's not very obvious sometimes where you should go.  Sure, you can use B to point the way, but it's not too helpful when your objective is out of sight, around a corner, up stairs and on the opposite wall.  A quick little blue laser line zipping off would be nice.
There is light and darkness in the world, to be sure.  However, there's no harm to be had in walking in the shade or shadows.

Formerly Priestling

"I don't give a fuck about race...I'm white, I'm American, but that shit don't matter.  I'm human."

Offline Shane for Wax

• Kakarot
    • Game Podunk
« Reply #3143 on: August 17, 2013, 09:28:56 pm »
This E.Y.E Divine Cybermancy games is one of the strangest things I have ever played. I have no idea what to think of it
The ending is a massive lol wut riddle, trapped in an enigma locked in a Chinese Box. When you figure it out you get a cliffhanger!

The Bioware fandom is one of the worst ones out there. I don't know what about the games they make causes bad people to come around.
Immature, sexually frustrated teen boys. Lots and lots of them. With a few disturbed individuals sprinkled in for taste. You should have seen the Tali's Sweat thread/ See also Talimancer.

I honestly wouldn't give a rat's ass if the Bioware forums went down and the employees stopped interacting with the fans.
Happened multiple times already along with multiple thread deletions and Stanley Woo banning everyone until he flipped his shit.

I don't recall immature teenage boys being in the games. I said what about the games attracts bad people. Plus, I already saw both of those things. You don't realize how deep into this fandom I am, do you?

And when I say the forums going down I kinda mean permanently.

&
Fucking Dalek twats I’m going to twat you over the head with my fucking TARDIS you fucking fucks!

Offline The Illusive Man

• The Beast
  • Saw the ME3 endings, got turned into a husk. :(-
« Reply #3144 on: August 17, 2013, 10:05:58 pm »
I don't recall immature teenage boys being in the games. I said what about the games attracts bad people. Plus, I already saw both of those things.
Video games do not inherently attract persons who are “bad”, video games are an electronic medium first and foremost. Those who create content on such a medium are to be given fault or praise where applicable. This also applies to other electronic medium such television, radio and the internet.

In this case it is some of the content that was created and approved is a problem. The Miranda Lawson ass shots, the mother-whore complex that was Jack, this content was approved and created to target an audience with a limited understanding of sexual relationships. Guess which audience is targeted. This was the first warning signs that undue influence was being exerted upon Bioware to cater to the lowest common denominator.

And when I say the forums going down I kinda mean permanently.
Not going to happen, they are EA’s bread and butter, their cash flow, their source of moola.
« Last Edit: August 17, 2013, 10:19:02 pm by The Illusive Man »
Despite knowing about indoctrination I thought it was a good idea to put a human Reaper near my office. Now I am a sentient husk :(.

*RRRRRRRRRRAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAWWWWWWWWWWWWRRRRRRRRR* *SCREECH* *smokes*

Offline chitoryu12

• The Beast
  • Tax-Payer Rhino
« Reply #3145 on: August 17, 2013, 10:17:29 pm »
Video games inherently do not inherently

*head explodes*

Offline Witchyjoshy

• SHITLORD THUNDERBASTARD!!
  • Kakarot
  • Thinks he's a bard
« Reply #3146 on: August 17, 2013, 10:40:48 pm »
The only reaction I have to TIM's post is rolling my eyes.

Unfortunately, the eye-rolling smiley on this forum is not sufficient enough, so I have to state that I am doing it instead.
Mockery of ideas you don't comprehend or understand is the surest mark of unintelligence.

Even the worst union is better than the best Walmart.

Caladur's Active Character Sheet

Offline PosthumanHeresy

• Directing Scenes for Celebritarian Needs
  • The Beast
  • Whatever doesn't kill you is gonna leave a scar
« Reply #3147 on: August 17, 2013, 10:42:11 pm »
Been playing Dead Rising 2 myself, actually. I feel like I'm leading my dogs when leading survivors.
What I used to think was me is just a fading memory. I looked him right in the eye and said "Goodbye".
 - Trent Reznor, Down In It

Together as one, against all others.
- Marilyn Manson, Running To The Edge of The World

Humanity does learn from history,
sadly, they're rarely the ones in power.

Quote from: Ben Kuchera
Life is too damned short for the concept of “guilty” pleasures to have any meaning.

Offline chitoryu12

• The Beast
  • Tax-Payer Rhino
« Reply #3148 on: August 18, 2013, 03:14:54 am »
TheRadBrad uploaded the first 25-ish minutes of Saints Row 4 a few days early, so I decided to watch it.

It really does look like a big improvement from the third. It's even further removed from its roots, but it's not quite as ridiculous in how over-the-top it gets and it doesn't seem to be trying to cram as many crazy shit into every frame. It actually feels more grounded and serious even though it's still an exaggerated parody of a game because it's much more coherent in what it's trying to do, rather than the "Throw everything and hope it sticks" of the previous game. The actual jokes are a tad bit more subtle, such as the intro being a Zero Dark Thirty parody without ever actually referencing it until you see the "Mission Complete" at the end; most of the parody is in how your character is locked into the "Crouch walk forward" animation and uses his knife a lot.

The combat also seems a bit improved. The animation-to-ragdoll transitions are much better, so you've got generally smoother death animations and greater variation than either canned animation or plain ragdolls. Melee combat appears to be a bit more varied than just wrestling moves and nut punches.

That said, the combat is still very much the same thing that it has been since the first game. It feels a bit sad when you see the Boss in one of the first cutscenes doing a perfectly choreographed action movie fight sequence with guns, fists, and cars that would be really fun to play, and then the actual fighting is "Run forward and hold down the trigger on a submachine gun until the guys die."

Offline Shane for Wax

• Kakarot
    • Game Podunk
« Reply #3149 on: August 18, 2013, 11:42:24 am »
The only reaction I have to TIM's post is rolling my eyes.

Unfortunately, the eye-rolling smiley on this forum is not sufficient enough, so I have to state that I am doing it instead.

I think he's trying to communicate but he's missing all the right words for it.

But yes, absolutely. Mass Effect is the only game Bioware has made. Of course.

&