Author Topic: Video Game Thread 2.0  (Read 1509097 times)

Offline RavynousHunter

• Master Thief
  • The Beast
  • A man of no consequence.
    • My Twitter
Re: Video Game Thread 2.0
« Reply #3300 on: August 31, 2013, 09:35:12 am »
Borderlands 2 is surprisingly....fun.

Ironbite-despite what Yatzhee said about it

I find that, over the years, Yahtzee is becoming less of an interesting personality and game critic, and more of an over-opinionated hack that can occasionally be amusing.
Quote from: Bra'tac
Life for the sake of life means nothing.

Art Vandelay

« Reply #3301 on: August 31, 2013, 09:39:29 am »
Zero Punctuation is basically a comedy show first and actual game criticism second. It's best not to take what he says too seriously. If you want a more honest and useful critique, you're better off reading Extra Punctuation.

Offline RavynousHunter

• Master Thief
  • The Beast
    • My Twitter
« Reply #3302 on: August 31, 2013, 09:49:07 am »
Zero Punctuation is basically a comedy show first and actual game criticism second. It's best not to take what he says too seriously. If you want a more honest and useful critique, you're better off reading Extra Punctuation.

Aye, its just that, for me, the comedy's become a bit stale as of late.  Tis why I prefer LPs and such, nowadays.  I get to see the game for myself, and can thus form my own opinions.  'Sides, I can get both entertainment and information from Sips and Sjin, why do I need a British-born Aussie with an ego the size of Manhattan?

Offline Sleepy

• Fuck Yes Sunshine In a Bag
  • The Beast
  • Danger zone
« Reply #3303 on: August 31, 2013, 10:14:21 am »
Some of his reviews still amuse me, though I haven't watched them in the past few weeks. But yeah, if you take them seriously, you'll probably never find a game to play.
Guys, this is getting creepy. Can we talk about cannibalism instead?

If a clown eats salmon on Tuesday, how much does a triangle weigh on Jupiter? Ask Mr. Wiggins for 10% off of your next dry cleaning bill. -Hades

Offline PosthumanHeresy

• Directing Scenes for Celebritarian Needs
  • The Beast
  • Whatever doesn't kill you is gonna leave a scar
« Reply #3304 on: August 31, 2013, 10:24:28 am »
I haven't watched ZP in over a year and a half. That said, there are exactly four reviews to take seriously: The L4D one, the Portal one, the Painkiller one and the Saint's Row 2 one.
What I used to think was me is just a fading memory. I looked him right in the eye and said "Goodbye".
 - Trent Reznor, Down In It

Together as one, against all others.
- Marilyn Manson, Running To The Edge of The World

Humanity does learn from history,
sadly, they're rarely the ones in power.

Quote from: Ben Kuchera
Life is too damned short for the concept of “guilty” pleasures to have any meaning.

Offline chitoryu12

• The Beast
  • Tax-Payer Rhino
« Reply #3305 on: August 31, 2013, 08:09:14 pm »
Also Spec Ops: The Line, but he pretty much spoils the game for anyone who hasn't played it.
Still can't think of a signature a year later.

Offline Shane for Wax

• Official Mosin Nagant Fanboy, Crazy, and Lord of Androgynes
  • Kakarot
  • Twin to shy, lover of weapons, pagan, wolf-brother
    • Game Podunk
« Reply #3306 on: August 31, 2013, 09:09:57 pm »
I despise people who spoil the game in reviewing it. I have been able to make dozens of reviews without spoiling something.

&
"The human race. Greatest monsters of them all."
"Ke barjurir gar'ade, jagyc'ade kot'la a dalyc'ade kotla'shya."
Fucking Dalek twats I’m going to twat you over the head with my fucking TARDIS you fucking fucks!

Offline chitoryu12

• The Beast
  • Tax-Payer Rhino
« Reply #3307 on: August 31, 2013, 09:31:10 pm »
I despise people who spoil the game in reviewing it. I have been able to make dozens of reviews without spoiling something.

Well, it's really hard to give a review of Spec Ops that doesn't spoil it unless it's nothing but "Go play this game. I don't care what it looks like. Play it."

Offline Alehksunos

• Transvestite Boo-kin
  • The Beast
  • Gay Witch for Abortion
« Reply #3308 on: August 31, 2013, 10:02:56 pm »
I was going to comment on how Yahtzee always accentuates on the negative and that he's a terrible, egotistical reviewer and his followers considers his reviews "The Gospel" and are devoid of critical thinking skills, but then I realized that all this time I've been taking his stuff too seriously. Much like those sore teenagers who whined about his "negative" review on Super Smash Brothers Brawl.

Offline RavynousHunter

• Master Thief
  • The Beast
    • My Twitter
« Reply #3309 on: September 01, 2013, 09:22:36 am »
I was going to comment on how Yahtzee always accentuates on the negative and that he's a terrible, egotistical reviewer and his followers considers his reviews "The Gospel" and are devoid of critical thinking skills, but then I realized that all this time I've been taking his stuff too seriously. Much like those sore teenagers who whined about his "negative" review on Super Smash Brothers Brawl.

One good thing I got out of the TTLG forums was that, apparently, one of the ladies there was one of his exes, and it seems that his ego is quite genuine.  That is to say, its not just part of his act.  There's also begging his fans for money to visit them at PAX or somesuch when The Escapist could've easily footed the bill.

Offline kefkaownsall

• The Beast
« Reply #3310 on: September 01, 2013, 11:27:24 am »
papers please sad

Offline chitoryu12

• The Beast
  • Tax-Payer Rhino
« Reply #3311 on: September 01, 2013, 11:33:01 am »
papers please sad

Caveman Kefka has tears?

Offline PosthumanHeresy

• Directing Scenes for Celebritarian Needs
  • The Beast
  • Whatever doesn't kill you is gonna leave a scar
« Reply #3312 on: September 01, 2013, 03:19:47 pm »

One good thing I got out of the TTLG forums was that, apparently, one of the ladies there was one of his exes, and it seems that his ego is quite genuine.  That is to say, its not just part of his act.  There's also begging his fans for money to visit them at PAX or somesuch when The Escapist could've easily footed the bill.
The Escapist is a bunch of cheap assholes. The never would have done that. They'd rather cut their own dicks off.
What I used to think was me is just a fading memory. I looked him right in the eye and said "Goodbye".
 - Trent Reznor, Down In It

Together as one, against all others.
- Marilyn Manson, Running To The Edge of The World

Humanity does learn from history,
sadly, they're rarely the ones in power.

Quote from: Ben Kuchera
Life is too damned short for the concept of “guilty” pleasures to have any meaning.

Offline kefkaownsall

• The Beast
« Reply #3313 on: September 01, 2013, 03:27:07 pm »

Offline RavynousHunter

• Master Thief
  • The Beast
    • My Twitter
« Reply #3314 on: September 01, 2013, 03:49:05 pm »

The Escapist is a bunch of cheap assholes. The never would have done that. They'd rather cut their own dicks off.
True that.  Tis a pathetic state; you've got the coin to send one of your front-runners to a well-known convention, and you won't foot the bill despite the fact it'd be a perfect opportunity to get new folks coming to your site.  People just don't think, do they?