Author Topic: Video Game Thread 2.0  (Read 1510350 times)

Offline Shane for Wax

• Official Mosin Nagant Fanboy, Crazy, and Lord of Androgynes
  • Kakarot
  • Twin to shy, lover of weapons, pagan, wolf-brother
    • Game Podunk
Re: Video Game Thread 2.0
« Reply #3420 on: September 21, 2013, 11:52:57 am »
That doesn't really tell me much considering I can't actually play the PC version hence why I'm interested in the console version. The tiny bit I managed to play gave me the distinct impression people were lying to me about it being similar to Torchlight.

&
"The human race. Greatest monsters of them all."
"Ke barjurir gar'ade, jagyc'ade kot'la a dalyc'ade kotla'shya."
Fucking Dalek twats I’m going to twat you over the head with my fucking TARDIS you fucking fucks!

Offline Sour Grapes

• Bishop
  • Brutally honest.
    • Ask Sour Grapes
« Reply #3421 on: September 22, 2013, 06:34:37 am »
It's similar in the way you're going into a dangerous area, fetching things for townspeople, and bringing them back.  Nevermind finding a fuckton of eccentrically named weapons and armor, bringing THOSE back, and selling them for cash.

Offline chitoryu12

• The Beast
  • Tax-Payer Rhino
« Reply #3422 on: September 22, 2013, 04:02:45 pm »
If you have GTA V, go watch the Scooter Brother video on Youtube.

Then keep playing GTA V.
Still can't think of a signature a year later.

Offline mellenORL

• Pedal Pushing Puppy Peon
  • The Beast
« Reply #3423 on: September 24, 2013, 02:47:56 pm »
Just leaked! A preview of the Beta for the upcoming add on pack, GTA V : Adventures of Sophi. Sorry, review is only available in Spanish ATM....... :P.......yeh, just click CC and the drop downs to turn on the translated captions option...please...it adds immeasurable levels of enjoyment, and confusion.

<a href="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4sFwiP6pLz0" target="_blank">http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4sFwiP6pLz0</a>

*all kudos to this guy, and his little sister!
Quote from: Ultimate Chatbot That Totally Passes The Turing Test
I sympathize completely. However, to use against us. Let me ask you a troll. On the one who pulled it. But here's the question: where do I think it might as well have stepped out of all people would cling to a layman.

Art Vandelay

« Reply #3424 on: September 25, 2013, 07:24:12 am »
Started replaying Fable 2. For all its flaws and shitty voice acting, it's such a charming game. In what other game can you make a store owner fall madly in love with you by dancing and farting in front of them for a minute or so, then use said infatuation to buy the whole store off them at a 10% or so discount? Ah, so much fun...

Offline Søren

• Russian Lush
  • The Beast
  • Ни шагу назад
« Reply #3425 on: September 25, 2013, 07:35:23 am »
Just wait until the fable 3 handshakes

OohahhRrrrrrurrrupAaaah!
Faisons lever l'étoile du mérite passé.  Le monde a besoin de lumière,  Le monde a besoin de la France,  La France a besoin de tous les Français.

Offline RavynousHunter

• Master Thief
  • The Beast
  • A man of no consequence.
    • My Twitter
« Reply #3426 on: September 25, 2013, 10:22:22 am »
Started replaying Fable 2. For all its flaws and shitty voice acting, it's such a charming game. In what other game can you make a store owner fall madly in love with you by dancing and farting in front of them for a minute or so, then use said infatuation to buy the whole store off them at a 10% or so discount? Ah, so much fun...

Then, once you've taken their livelihood from them, lead them down to the temple of evil, and sacrifice them to the forces of darkness!
Quote from: Bra'tac
Life for the sake of life means nothing.

Art Vandelay

« Reply #3427 on: September 25, 2013, 10:55:28 am »

Then, once you've taken their livelihood from them, lead them down to the temple of evil, and sacrifice them to the forces of darkness!

Or if you're being a "good" character and want the dead owner discount, ask them to follow you and lead them into a crowd of bandits or hobbes of whatever else. Or can you only do that in Fable 1? Eh, I'm sure I'll find out in the very near future.

Offline RavynousHunter

• Master Thief
  • The Beast
    • My Twitter
« Reply #3428 on: September 26, 2013, 11:58:07 pm »
I'm glad my admin kept the machines for Forestry ethanol production around.  I dunno why, but ethanol just has something about it that I like.  If MineFactory Reloaded would stop being such a derp, I could make it truly endless, and a truly renewable resource...meaning, of course, truly endless power thru steam!  Not to mention easily scalable.

(If anyone's interested in joining me on the server on which I play, just hit me up with a PM.  I'll run it past the admin, and make sure you got everything you need to get up and running easy-peasy.)
« Last Edit: September 27, 2013, 12:00:00 am by RavynousHunter »

Offline Askold

• Definitely not hiding a dark secret.
  • Global Moderator
  • The Beast
« Reply #3429 on: September 27, 2013, 12:52:33 pm »
I've got Jagged Alliance 2 being downloaded from GOG onto my computer. I did have a cd of it years ago but it stopped working and it was on discount now...
No matter what happens, no matter what my last words may end up being, I want everyone to claim that they were:
"If you strike me down, I shall become more powerful than you could possibly imagine."
Aww, you guys rock. :)  I feel the love... and the pitchforks and torches.  Tingly!

Art Vandelay

« Reply #3430 on: September 28, 2013, 05:24:08 am »
I'm already about half way through Fable 2, and I've only just remembered how to properly make insane amounts of money. All this time, I've been doing blacksmithing and bartending like a fucking moron when simply trading weapons can bring in hundreds of thousands of dollar profit per day. Ah well, live and learn, I suppose.

Offline Askold

• Global Moderator
  • The Beast
« Reply #3431 on: September 29, 2013, 12:50:23 am »
Turns out that I cannot load saved games in Jagged Alliance 2...

I'm trying to find out what's wrong with it and it's odd since other games I've gotten through GOG have worked perfectly.
No matter what happens, no matter what my last words may end up being, I want everyone to claim that they were:
"If you strike me down, I shall become more powerful than you could possibly imagine."
Aww, you guys rock. :)  I feel the love... and the pitchforks and torches.  Tingly!

Offline RavynousHunter

• Master Thief
  • The Beast
    • My Twitter
« Reply #3432 on: September 29, 2013, 06:19:39 pm »
I'm already about half way through Fable 2, and I've only just remembered how to properly make insane amounts of money. All this time, I've been doing blacksmithing and bartending like a fucking moron when simply trading weapons can bring in hundreds of thousands of dollar profit per day. Ah well, live and learn, I suppose.

Then, you buy your first few properties, rent 'em out, and rake in the jack without having to do shit.  In fact, I know a good way to abuse this, if you're interested.

(click to show/hide)

Art Vandelay

« Reply #3433 on: September 30, 2013, 12:27:15 am »

Then, you buy your first few properties, rent 'em out, and rake in the jack without having to do shit.  In fact, I know a good way to abuse this, if you're interested.

(click to show/hide)
Hours? I can rack up hundreds of thousands worth of gold in minutes.
(click to show/hide)

Offline Askold

• Global Moderator
  • The Beast
« Reply #3434 on: September 30, 2013, 02:17:52 pm »
Turns out that I cannot load saved games in Jagged Alliance 2...

I'm trying to find out what's wrong with it and it's odd since other games I've gotten through GOG have worked perfectly.
NVM. GOG had a FAQ over the most common problems and running the game in admin mode seems to help.