Author Topic: Video Game Thread 2.0  (Read 1509464 times)

Offline Ultimate Paragon

• The Beast
  • Tougher than diamonds, stronger than steel
Re: Video Game Thread 2.0
« Reply #4425 on: May 19, 2014, 05:21:52 pm »
I ended up getting into Star Wars The Old Republic.  It's actually pretty fun, though some of the chat restrictions are complete bullshit.

I can't even use PARTY CHAT until I'm level 10?  Really EA?  REALLY?  I can somewhat understand no whispering (though even that's draconian) but when you limit F2P players on their chatting to the point where even SUBSCRIBERS are complaining about it, you've fucked up.
It's EA.  Are you really surprised?

Offline Witchyjoshy

• SHITLORD THUNDERBASTARD!!
  • Kakarot
  • Thinks he's a bard
« Reply #4426 on: May 19, 2014, 05:24:44 pm »
I ended up getting into Star Wars The Old Republic.  It's actually pretty fun, though some of the chat restrictions are complete bullshit.

I can't even use PARTY CHAT until I'm level 10?  Really EA?  REALLY?  I can somewhat understand no whispering (though even that's draconian) but when you limit F2P players on their chatting to the point where even SUBSCRIBERS are complaining about it, you've fucked up.
It's EA.  Are you really surprised?

No, but I am frustrated.

Also I edited my post a bit because I forgot to include some stuff, sorry.

EDIT:

Also, Nem'Ro the Hutt puts Jabba the Hutt to complete shame as an imposing figure.

So were Hutts just naturally this tall during the Old Republic era, or was Jabba just a kid?
« Last Edit: May 19, 2014, 05:56:22 pm by Magus Silveresti »
Mockery of ideas you don't comprehend or understand is the surest mark of unintelligence.

Even the worst union is better than the best Walmart.

Caladur's Active Character Sheet

Offline ironbite

• Overlord of all that is good in Iacon City
  • Kakarot
  • Stuck in the middle with you.
« Reply #4427 on: May 19, 2014, 08:41:29 pm »
Oh dude the Jedi.....

I've been watching Lanipator and Takahata101 play STTOR as a pair of Jedi and on the starting planet, which they're sick of btw, they have these enemies called Flesh Raiders which they call Street Sharks because they...look like sharks.  Well anyways they have to go rescue this Twil'Ik kid from one of them but as they're Jedi, they're presented a moral choice.  The Flesh Raider wants to learn how to use the Force.  Lani decides no and Force Push's the guy off the cliff and...he explodes in mid-air for no reason.

Ironbite-funniest shit I've ever seen.

Offline Witchyjoshy

• Kakarot
  • Thinks he's a bard
« Reply #4428 on: May 19, 2014, 10:11:05 pm »
If they're sick of the Jedi's starting planet, they should play the Smuggler's/Trooper's starting planet.

The Smuggler's first spoken line can be used to insult the planet.  You should take it.  Because OH GOD I HATE THAT PLANET.

It doesn't help that the Republic Troopers and some of the other NPCs make me want to spend time with any single Sith from the Sith Academy.  The moral atmosphere might actually improve.

Incidentally, the Sith have the best starting planet, in my opinion.  Second best is the Bounty Hunter/Imperial Agent's starting planet, which is Hutta itself.
Mockery of ideas you don't comprehend or understand is the surest mark of unintelligence.

Offline Dakota Bob

• The Beast
  • UGLY BAG OF MOSTLY WATER
« Reply #4429 on: May 19, 2014, 11:12:15 pm »
A quick PSA to the scrubs who invade my world in Dark Souls II with dual crossbows and heavy armor: Don't think I don't know how to dodge arrows. and my Curved Dragon Greatsword with a fire buff will fuck you up 100% of the time.

git gud nubs

Offline Witchyjoshy

• Kakarot
  • Thinks he's a bard
« Reply #4430 on: May 20, 2014, 04:07:47 am »
Speaking of Stars.

There are two supposedly leaked documents that supposedly show what Nintendo is planning to reveal at this E3.

They both mention Star Fox, one mentions it for the Wii U (and gives it the tentative title of Star Fox U) and the other one doesn't give platforms for any of the leaked games (and gives it the tentative title of Star Fox)

At least one of them is forged.  Both of them are likely forged.

But this rabid Star Fox fanboy can hope that, even if both are forged, they're at least right about that.  Letting the franchise stagnate after Star Fox Command would be a crying shame.

EDIT:
You know, it would probably a good idea to actually link the supposedly leaked documents.

http://sickr.files.wordpress.com/2014/05/nintendo_e3_2014_leak_1.jpg
http://sickr.files.wordpress.com/2014/05/nintendo_e3_2014_leak_2.jpg
« Last Edit: May 20, 2014, 04:12:44 am by Magus Silveresti »

Offline Cerim Treascair

• My Love Is Lunar
  • The Beast
  • Get me my arbalest... explosive bolts, please.
« Reply #4431 on: May 20, 2014, 05:00:29 am »
Huh... how long has it been since Star Fox and Star Fox 64? I could see a nice rail-shooter for the Wii U... it'd give me a reason to buy one!
There is light and darkness in the world, to be sure.  However, there's no harm to be had in walking in the shade or shadows.

Formerly Priestling

"I don't give a fuck about race...I'm white, I'm American, but that shit don't matter.  I'm human."

Offline Dakota Bob

• The Beast
  • UGLY BAG OF MOSTLY WATER
« Reply #4432 on: May 20, 2014, 09:46:49 am »
M...Metroid 3DS?

This better be fucking true.

Offline Witchyjoshy

• Kakarot
  • Thinks he's a bard
« Reply #4433 on: May 20, 2014, 11:50:41 am »
Huh... how long has it been since Star Fox and Star Fox 64? I could see a nice rail-shooter for the Wii U... it'd give me a reason to buy one!

I'd actually like it if it was stylized like Assault, though I wouldn't object to a traditional rail shooter, either.  Assault is actually my favorite because it expanded the lore of the franchise by a megaton - rather than snippets here and there, we got to see characters interact outside of flight, the actual Cornerian fleet, even some of the tech of the setting.

Then again I also loved Adventures, even though that game was ridiculously corny and not originally a Star Fox game.

(Which is why I'm not upset that a game that would've been Star Fox was turned into Kid Icarus Uprising.  That and Kid Icarus needed a new game worse than Star Fox did.)

Offline Cloud3514

• The Beast
  • 404: Personal text not found.
« Reply #4434 on: May 20, 2014, 02:33:57 pm »
We could use a new Metroid, as well. Preferably a nice return to roots for 3DS.

Also, why did people hate Star Fox Assault so much? Sure the on foot sections weren't the best, but I've played far worse third person shooters.
Who needs a signature?

Offline Witchyjoshy

• Kakarot
  • Thinks he's a bard
« Reply #4435 on: May 20, 2014, 02:36:20 pm »
We could use a new Metroid, as well. Preferably a nice return to roots for 3DS.

Also, why did people hate Star Fox Assault so much? Sure the on foot sections weren't the best, but I've played far worse third person shooters.

Because of the stupid notion of "genre purity".

ADD:

I still think there should be a Metroid and Star Fox crossover game.  Samus and Star Fox working together to fight off.... something.

Or maybe even acting as rivals.  Star Fox are mercenaries, and Samus is a bounty hunter, and the two aren't so different.
« Last Edit: May 20, 2014, 02:53:13 pm by Magus Silveresti »

Offline IanC

• Pope
« Reply #4436 on: May 20, 2014, 03:12:52 pm »
Nah, Metroid and F-Zero. Sounds crazy? But think about it - theres a bounty hunter in F-Zero, Captain Falcon!

Offline Witchyjoshy

• Kakarot
  • Thinks he's a bard
« Reply #4437 on: May 20, 2014, 03:16:01 pm »
Nah, Metroid and F-Zero. Sounds crazy? But think about it - theres a bounty hunter in F-Zero, Captain Falcon!

Why not all three?

Offline Cerim Treascair

• My Love Is Lunar
  • The Beast
  • Get me my arbalest... explosive bolts, please.
« Reply #4438 on: May 20, 2014, 05:49:23 pm »
I STILL play the hell out of Command, Assault and Adventures to this day.  Good times.

Also, I'd LOVE to see Samus' reaction to Fox.  Better yet, to Falco.
There is light and darkness in the world, to be sure.  However, there's no harm to be had in walking in the shade or shadows.

Formerly Priestling

"I don't give a fuck about race...I'm white, I'm American, but that shit don't matter.  I'm human."

Offline Witchyjoshy

• Kakarot
  • Thinks he's a bard
« Reply #4439 on: May 20, 2014, 06:49:49 pm »
Even though I really hate the massive hatedom towards Other M (inasmuch as I hate hatedoms period), I will say that it would probably be better off if Samus just never spoke again, for everyone involved.

Though her characterization in Fusion was decent.

EDIT:

I read on the Star Wars wiki that while sometimes the Light Side of the Force is associated with complete control over one's emotion, sometimes it can be activated through the emotions of love, joy, happiness, and all that stuff, while the dark side is exclusively limited to "dark" emotions like passion, hatred, fury, and anger.

...And sometimes, all emotion is equated with the dark side, because the writers can't seem to keep this shit straight.
« Last Edit: May 21, 2014, 02:57:08 am by Magus Silveresti »