Author Topic: Video Game Thread 2.0  (Read 1507273 times)

Offline Dakota Bob

• The Beast
  • UGLY BAG OF MOSTLY WATER
Re: Video Game Thread 2.0
« Reply #4815 on: August 08, 2014, 11:07:11 am »
Steam came out with a pretty significant update recently, the UI has a blue-ish tint to it, and now you can hide games from your library.

Offline Søren

• Russian Lush
  • The Beast
  • Ни шагу назад
« Reply #4816 on: August 09, 2014, 09:53:55 am »
Arma 3: my realism unit just got a new med system in and its absolutely crazy. Im going to head a head of medics because its just that crazy.

The forest: i cant seem to stay long in this, the dev team seem great though.

Stalker: quite enjoying this. Only problem is it takes forever to get anywhere.

Payday: INFAMOUS YOOOO
Faisons lever l'étoile du mérite passé.  Le monde a besoin de lumière,  Le monde a besoin de la France,  La France a besoin de tous les Français.

Offline Askold

• Definitely not hiding a dark secret.
  • Global Moderator
  • The Beast
« Reply #4817 on: August 09, 2014, 01:39:43 pm »

Once upon a time there was a Warhammer 40k game called Chapter master. It was an old forgotten but good strategy game where the player would either choose one of the great chapters to command or could make his own army of genetically engineered supermen to command for the glory of the Imperium.

The game gained more fans as some of the players on 4Chan /tg/ talked about their experiences with the game.

Well, actually they were just trolling.

You see the game never existed and they just made up stories and even made fake "screenshots" just so that they could enjoy the tears of those who had been fooled into tinking the game was real.

Then a certain "Duke" decided that the game IS a good idea and he might as well make it into reality.

Now those same threads continued coming up, being filled with three kinds of things:

a) More trolling/joking with fake game stories.

b) Hype about the REAL game that was being made

c) Tears of doubt that the game would never be finished.

Except that now there is a playable alpha version of the game! And it is pretty fun even if a lot of things are still missing/broken.

The best part though is that the threads now and the threads before are extremely similar. Though there are a lot more bug reports now.

http://1d4chan.org/wiki/Chapter_Master_%28game%29

/tg/ gets shit done.
No matter what happens, no matter what my last words may end up being, I want everyone to claim that they were:
"If you strike me down, I shall become more powerful than you could possibly imagine."
Aww, you guys rock. :)  I feel the love... and the pitchforks and torches.  Tingly!

Offline Sleepy

• Fuck Yes Sunshine In a Bag
  • The Beast
  • Danger zone
« Reply #4818 on: August 10, 2014, 08:08:12 am »
Whoever designed Rusty Bucket Bay in Banjo Kazooie is a sadistic fuck. The jiggy behind the boat propellers that requires you to go through hell and back, and oh, sucks to be you if you die, is even more infuriating.
Guys, this is getting creepy. Can we talk about cannibalism instead?

If a clown eats salmon on Tuesday, how much does a triangle weigh on Jupiter? Ask Mr. Wiggins for 10% off of your next dry cleaning bill. -Hades

Art Vandelay

« Reply #4819 on: August 10, 2014, 08:56:44 am »
It seems that everyone always learns the hard way to go for that jiggy first rather than last. Because nothing ruins your day like going into the engine room with 96 notes only to fall into that ocean of motor oil.

Offline Sleepy

• Fuck Yes Sunshine In a Bag
  • The Beast
  • Danger zone
« Reply #4820 on: August 10, 2014, 09:21:22 am »
I'm playing on the 360 port, which thankfully doesn't have the issue with having to re-collect all the notes. I can't even imagine having to do that. Still, the number of lives you have resets every time you turn off your console, so I had to collect a bunch of extra lives before going into that level.
Guys, this is getting creepy. Can we talk about cannibalism instead?

If a clown eats salmon on Tuesday, how much does a triangle weigh on Jupiter? Ask Mr. Wiggins for 10% off of your next dry cleaning bill. -Hades

Offline IanC

• Pope
« Reply #4821 on: August 12, 2014, 01:31:04 pm »
Upgraded my PS4s hard drive last night. Easy as pie.

Now why didn't sony include a 1TB HD in the PS4 as standard i don't know... Luckily i only have two "big" games (over 30GB), Killzone and Last of Us Remastered (both around 44GB). Everything else is 25GB or under.

Offline Dakota Bob

• The Beast
« Reply #4822 on: August 13, 2014, 07:03:30 am »
OMG NEW SILENT HILL FROM HIDEO KOJIMA AND GUILLEROMO DEL TORO

who's dick I gotta suck for a pc version?

Offline ironbite

• Overlord of all that is good in Iacon City
  • Kakarot
  • Stuck in the middle with you.
« Reply #4823 on: August 13, 2014, 12:33:42 pm »
Normon Reedus'

Offline Cerim Treascair

• My Love Is Lunar
  • The Beast
  • Get me my arbalest... explosive bolts, please.
« Reply #4824 on: August 15, 2014, 03:05:04 am »
I'm getting back into playing TF2 lately... it feels weird as hell.  I haven't played since Mann vs. Machine was NEW.
There is light and darkness in the world, to be sure.  However, there's no harm to be had in walking in the shade or shadows.

Formerly Priestling

"I don't give a fuck about race...I'm white, I'm American, but that shit don't matter.  I'm human."

Offline Svata

• Doesn't even fucking know anymore
  • The Beast
  • No, seriously, fuck astrology.
« Reply #4825 on: August 15, 2014, 03:37:15 am »
Anyone else here looking forward to Insomniac Games' new IP, Sunset Overdrive? They're my favorite development studio, and this looks to be another great game. (For those of you who don't know they made the first three Spyro games, all 10(I think) of the non-psp Ratchet and Clank games, the Resistance games, and Fuse(which I only mention because it was their first non-sony-exclusive game)) This is (unfortunately) an XBone exclusive, but it looks like a lot of fun.
"Politician" is the occupational equivalent of "Florida".

Art Vandelay

« Reply #4826 on: August 15, 2014, 07:52:47 am »
I thought I'd give the first three Monkey Island games another shot. Last time, I lost interest halfway through act 2 of LeChuck's Revenge. I'm about at that point again and I've got a decent idea of what to do next, so I'm optimistic that I'll make it through this time.

Offline IanC

• Pope
« Reply #4827 on: August 15, 2014, 11:49:23 am »
This is (unfortunately) an XBone exclusive, but it looks like a lot of fun.

And that is why i care little about it. Video gaming is too expensive to go down the all 3 route, and at the time of release i trusted MS little (still do) so i went for the PS4 (and the Wii U but i can't say no to nintendo)

Offline Commissar Kaz

• Tzeentchian Cultist
  • Bishop
  • Just as planned!
« Reply #4828 on: August 15, 2014, 08:27:44 pm »
Metal Gear Solid 5 has been announced for the PC. I is happy.

Offline Dakota Bob

• The Beast
« Reply #4829 on: August 16, 2014, 08:58:54 am »
Metal Gear Solid 5 has been announced for the PC. I is happy.

Gives me hope we may eventually see the new Silent Hill game on PC eventually.