Author Topic: Video Game Thread 2.0  (Read 1511662 times)

Art Vandelay

Re: Video Game Thread 2.0
« Reply #5355 on: December 19, 2014, 03:09:21 am »
Your own penis from Postal 2.

Offline Askold

• Definitely not hiding a dark secret.
  • Global Moderator
  • The Beast
« Reply #5356 on: December 19, 2014, 04:32:40 am »
Hm... There is not a single weapon that comes in mind so I am going to have to go with the Multitool from Mass effect.

It is a bit too much of a magic wand (or Sonic screwdriver as they are known today) being able to do almost anything. (The sonic screwdriver in particular can be, and frequently is, used to explain any plotholes and solve any and all problems without any thought required from the characters or the writers.)
No matter what happens, no matter what my last words may end up being, I want everyone to claim that they were:
"If you strike me down, I shall become more powerful than you could possibly imagine."
Aww, you guys rock. :)  I feel the love... and the pitchforks and torches.  Tingly!

Offline RavynousHunter

• Master Thief
  • The Beast
  • A man of no consequence.
    • My Twitter
« Reply #5357 on: December 19, 2014, 08:08:47 am »
My bare hands.  They create the items I use, and beat my enemies into bloody heaps in equal measure.

I got one: Favourite playable race in a game?

Mine's gotta be the Charr from Guild Wars 2.  The Asura might have their rainbow magic bullshit, but the Charr invented guns, tanks, and even semi-modern artillery.  The Charr are brutally determined to do only one thing: kick as much ass as possible, up to and including any and all gods.

(BLOOD LEGION 4 LIFE!)
Quote from: Bra'tac
Life for the sake of life means nothing.

Offline Second Coming of Madman

• Some of Internet Jesus
  • The Beast
  • Cisscum Internationale Society
« Reply #5358 on: December 19, 2014, 11:22:58 am »
Fuck all your gimmicky shit and puerile dick replacements, kids. All I need is a good old shell-spewing, fire-belching, double-barreled Super Shotgun. I could wax lyrical about that beautiful, death-dealing construct of wood and metal for hours on end.

Now, that is a dick extension.
« Last Edit: December 19, 2014, 04:32:36 pm by Second Coming of Madman »
@KanzlerImaginos - Feel free to drop me a line.

Toddlers get too much exercise, they wouldn't make good veal.

Offline Random Gal

• Bisex Rex
  • The Beast
  • Sic Semper Tyrannosaurus
« Reply #5359 on: December 23, 2014, 09:47:20 am »
The Hookshot or any of its variants.

What CAN'T you use it for?

Offline Yla

• The Beast
« Reply #5360 on: December 24, 2014, 06:06:14 pm »
I just watched some YT videos from the DA:O DLCs, and oh my god the localized voice acting is absolute shit. I played a good part of the main game in German before switching to English, and while I did notice a difference in quality, it wasn't that bad. I guess they skimped on the DLCs then, never played them.
Well, even if DA:I is back to the old standard, I'm still going to play it in English. Can't beat the original, I guess.
That said, I've stopped trying to anticipate what people around here want a while ago, I've found it makes things smoother.
For I was an hungred, and ye told me to pull myself up by my bootstraps: I was thirsty, and ye demanded payment for the privilege of thine urine: I was a stranger, and ye deported me: naked, and ye arrested me for indecency.

• Some of Internet Jesus
  • The Beast
« Reply #5361 on: December 25, 2014, 10:26:01 am »
Stronghold feels like it was balanced for two or more players, which makes my vain struggles a bit more interesting. Let's just say I've been stocking up on the marine reinforcements.

Like, holy shit. The first mission took me a bit of save scumming to properly beat, and the others were child's play. But Earth? HAHAHAHAHA, you poor dumb fucks. Good luck against your first Arachnotrons and Mancubi, coupled with everything else but aerial demons thrown at you.

Man, Bapohmet must really want something if he's this determined to murder my face.

Be aware of the following:

• Supreme Commander 2 is 6.49 USD on Steam.
  • Deus Ex GOTY is 3.49 USD on Steam.
  • If you want to suffer, Dawn of War Soulstorm is also 6.49 USD.
  • Fallout NV is 4.99 USD.
Be aware of the following:

• Supreme Commander 2 is 6.49 USD on Steam.
  • Deus Ex GOTY is 3.49 USD on Steam.
  • If you want to suffer, Dawn of War Soulstorm is also 6.49 USD.
  • Fallout NV is 4.99 USD.
  • Why not piss Wu off and buy everyone's favorite scatological (and only) horror game, Binding of Issac at 2.49 USD?
« Last Edit: December 25, 2014, 04:12:31 pm by Second Coming of Madman »

Offline syaoranvee

• The Beast
« Reply #5362 on: December 25, 2014, 04:19:15 pm »
•Why not piss Wu off and buy everyone's favorite scatological (and only) horror game, Binding of Issac at 2.49 USD?

Steam works best if you wait for daily/flash/vote deals because not only are they cheaper, it usually works on the game's previous back catalog as well.

When Binding of Issac: Rebirth was for sale on the daily deal for example, the original Binding of Issac was less then a dollar as well.

Offline Dakota Bob

• The Beast
  • UGLY BAG OF MOSTLY WATER
« Reply #5363 on: December 25, 2014, 08:11:56 pm »
Holy shit Metal Gear Rising: Revengeance is fucking hype as fuck, haven't got an excitement boner like this in a long time.

Offline Cerim Treascair

• My Love Is Lunar
  • The Beast
  • Get me my arbalest... explosive bolts, please.
« Reply #5364 on: December 25, 2014, 11:29:02 pm »
Just had my first This War Of Mine win, using Katia, Marin and Arica to start, with Roman joining me around day 8.  Despite some depression worries causing fights between Roman and Marin to break out, I handled it well, and I not only survived with a LARGE stockpile of medicine and food, and all upgrades needed, everyone survived too!

25 days, and the war is over.  We survived.
There is light and darkness in the world, to be sure.  However, there's no harm to be had in walking in the shade or shadows.

Formerly Priestling

"I don't give a fuck about race...I'm white, I'm American, but that shit don't matter.  I'm human."

• Some of Internet Jesus
  • The Beast
« Reply #5365 on: December 26, 2014, 12:51:03 am »
Just finished playing until Boom-Bewm in Borderlands 2 as Salvador. Oh god, I love this game.

Offline Cloud3514

• The Beast
  • 404: Personal text not found.
« Reply #5366 on: December 26, 2014, 01:10:14 am »
Just finished playing until Boom-Bewm in Borderlands 2 as Salvador. Oh god, I love this game.

And that's just the first real boss.
Who needs a signature?

Offline Iczerfour

• Spawn of Pinkamena and Flutterbat
  • Pope
  • Now won't you stop moving, interrupting's not nice
« Reply #5367 on: December 26, 2014, 02:57:17 am »
Playing south park: stick of truth..  so far i like it..

Offline Askold

• Definitely not hiding a dark secret.
  • Global Moderator
  • The Beast
« Reply #5368 on: December 26, 2014, 03:07:50 am »
So many friends are playing the new Elite and though it is tempting I want to at least finish Wasteland 2 first.
No matter what happens, no matter what my last words may end up being, I want everyone to claim that they were:
"If you strike me down, I shall become more powerful than you could possibly imagine."
Aww, you guys rock. :)  I feel the love... and the pitchforks and torches.  Tingly!

Art Vandelay

« Reply #5369 on: December 26, 2014, 03:28:03 am »
I have to say, this is probably the most excited I've ever been for a Steam sale. So far, I've bought Bully: Scholarship Edition, Far Cry 1 through Blood Dragon and Sleeping Dogs: Definitive Edition, and I'm not even halfway through my budget. Though in all fairness, I am keeping the last $25 in reserve just in case Fallout 3 and Fallout: New Vegas don't get a second run.

I should be all set to begin to catch up on what the last decade of PC gaming has to offer.