Author Topic: Video Game Thread 2.0  (Read 1506088 times)

Offline Zygarde

• Black trans queen of FQA
  • The Beast
  • Fuck trees, I climb clouds, motherfucker!'
    • My YouTube Channel
Re: Video Game Thread 2.0
« Reply #5460 on: January 23, 2015, 06:16:49 pm »
No, your not I think they are cute (but I don't think I'm a good judge since I think spiders are cute.)

Offline Second Coming of Madman

• Some of Internet Jesus
  • The Beast
  • Cisscum Internationale Society
« Reply #5461 on: January 23, 2015, 10:17:04 pm »
No, your not I think they are cute (but I don't think I'm a good judge since I think spiders are cute.)

The Geth Armature just looks so much like a giant, tank-killing puppy dog to me.

We're both odd.
« Last Edit: January 23, 2015, 10:19:16 pm by Second Coming of Madman »
@KanzlerImaginos - Feel free to drop me a line.

Toddlers get too much exercise, they wouldn't make good veal.

Offline RavynousHunter

• Master Thief
  • The Beast
  • A man of no consequence.
    • My Twitter
« Reply #5462 on: January 24, 2015, 02:27:36 pm »
Guild Wars 2 is $10.  I repeat, GUILD WARS 2 IS TEN FUCKING DOLLARS, BITCHES.  Buy that shit.
Quote from: Bra'tac
Life for the sake of life means nothing.

Offline MadCatTLX

• The Beast
« Reply #5463 on: January 24, 2015, 06:26:02 pm »
Ok, I know a few people here have experience making Let's Plays. Can anyone give advice as to what software to use for various things? I need to know what  to use for recording video of a game on a computer, recording commentary audio, and what to use to do the editing of the video. I'd prefer free software if it exists, or at least cheap software. I'm going to need to record video from emulators, regular games from steam and such, and they those abominations of games you occasionally see like "Crisis City" and "The Zoo Race"

Also does anyone have experience with doing audio recording of multiple people. I'm wanting to do the LPs with me and my friend both doing commentary while one of us plays, and I'm not sure what the best way to set that up would be. Should I just us one microphone mounted on a stand between us? I'm assuming that it would be best for both of us to wear headphones for the game audio so the mic won't pick it up.
History is full of maniacs, my friend, men and women of intelect, highly perceptive individuals, who's brilliant minds know neither restraint nor taboo. Such notions are the devils we must slay for the edification of pony-kind. Even if said edification means violating the rules of decency, society, and rightousness itself.
                                                                                                                                                             -Twilight Sparkle, MAGIC.mov

Offline Zygarde

• Black trans queen of FQA
  • The Beast
  • Fuck trees, I climb clouds, motherfucker!'
    • My YouTube Channel
« Reply #5464 on: January 24, 2015, 09:49:36 pm »
For audio recording I recommend Audacity and you can record things with Fraps. That's what I use to make LP's.

Offline RavynousHunter

• Master Thief
  • The Beast
    • My Twitter
« Reply #5465 on: January 25, 2015, 09:20:24 am »
If you have an nVidia video card that's at least in the GTX 600 series (anything after will be fine, as well), I highly recommend Shadowplay.  Just note that you'll want to do your recording in ~10 minute segments, because if the resulting video file ends up being larger than 3.8GB, it'll split the remainder off in another file which can cause artifacting in file #2.  Shadowplay has absolutely zero (from what I've seen) impact on performance, which is a huge plus.  Shadowplay is also completely free, since it comes with nVidia's driver and game optimization software.

As for editing, I'm becoming partial to Corel VideoStudio X6, which I got with my laptop.  Its like Adobe's thingy, but for me at least, a LOT easier to understand and use.

Offline IanC

• Pope
« Reply #5466 on: January 25, 2015, 11:48:18 am »
Anyway played The Swapper? Just completed it today. What a weird game story wise.

• Some of Internet Jesus
  • The Beast
« Reply #5467 on: January 25, 2015, 05:34:18 pm »
You haven't seen "overpowered" until you've taken all sorts of flamethrower shots to the face, walked through acid blood, held down the trigger of a smart gun until a enemy came into view, played Xenomorph Assassin's Creed with Combat Synths and laughed your ass off at tanking all sorts of punishment.

Doom mods can get pretty odd.

Offline I am lizard

• The Beast
    • https://www.instagram.com/p/9SIHifrULJ/
« Reply #5468 on: January 26, 2015, 12:49:48 am »
You haven't seen "overpowered" until you've taken all sorts of flamethrower shots to the face, walked through acid blood, held down the trigger of a smart gun until a enemy came into view, played Xenomorph Assassin's Creed with Combat Synths and laughed your ass off at tanking all sorts of punishment.

Perhaps the only other game with mods that can compete in terms of overpowered mods is minecraft.

Offline RavynousHunter

• Master Thief
  • The Beast
    • My Twitter
« Reply #5469 on: January 26, 2015, 08:53:47 am »

Perhaps the only other game with mods that can compete in terms of overpowered mods is minecraft.

The only difference is that people think EVERYTHING is overpowered in Minecraft, from legit OP things like dirt-to-diamonds crap to deep, intricately-balanced mods made by a literal god damned rocket scientist.

• Some of Internet Jesus
  • The Beast
« Reply #5470 on: January 26, 2015, 10:24:57 pm »

The only difference is that people think EVERYTHING is overpowered in Minecraft, from legit OP things like dirt-to-diamonds crap to deep, intricately-balanced mods made by a literal god damned rocket scientist.

Putting that much effort into a balancing act really impresses me, though this statement is cheapened considering I've coded a horrible abuse of A_Burst that pretty fills the impact area of a grenade with tiny little MIRV death.

« Last Edit: January 26, 2015, 10:26:46 pm by Second Coming of Madman »

Offline Cerim Treascair

• My Love Is Lunar
  • The Beast
  • Get me my arbalest... explosive bolts, please.
« Reply #5471 on: January 26, 2015, 10:52:23 pm »
Ok, I know a few people here have experience making Let's Plays. Can anyone give advice as to what software to use for various things? I need to know what  to use for recording video of a game on a computer, recording commentary audio, and what to use to do the editing of the video. I'd prefer free software if it exists, or at least cheap software. I'm going to need to record video from emulators, regular games from steam and such, and they those abominations of games you occasionally see like "Crisis City" and "The Zoo Race"

Also does anyone have experience with doing audio recording of multiple people. I'm wanting to do the LPs with me and my friend both doing commentary while one of us plays, and I'm not sure what the best way to set that up would be. Should I just us one microphone mounted on a stand between us? I'm assuming that it would be best for both of us to wear headphones for the game audio so the mic won't pick it up.

OSB.  Otherwise known as Open Source Broadcaster.  It'll capture the video just fine, it's free... as for editing, you'll have to do some looking around.  Adding folks to the Open Source Broadcaster voice chat will actually port all their voice work into the stream with the recording.  Headphones work, shared mics work... you're good to go.
There is light and darkness in the world, to be sure.  However, there's no harm to be had in walking in the shade or shadows.

Formerly Priestling

"I don't give a fuck about race...I'm white, I'm American, but that shit don't matter.  I'm human."

Art Vandelay

« Reply #5472 on: January 27, 2015, 02:23:03 am »
Finished Fallout 3. Very enjoyable game, though the DLC is rather hit and miss. Broken Steel was good (though Super Mutant Overlords and Feral Ghoul Reavers can both fuck right off), as was Operation: Anchorage. The Pitt and Point Lookout were alright and Mothership Zeta was kind of a waste of time. Methinks they should've just added more content to the Capital Wasteland, rather than adding whole new areas that feel small and unfinished.
« Last Edit: January 30, 2015, 08:07:53 am by Art Vandelay »

Offline Cloud3514

• The Beast
  • 404: Personal text not found.
« Reply #5473 on: January 27, 2015, 02:26:28 am »
I've actually never beaten Broken Steel, ENTIRELY BECAUSE OF ONE FUCKING FERAL GHOUL REAVER. I got stuck having to fight that fucker and got completely brickwalled because I couldn't kill it... and it killed me too quickly for me to run past it.
Who needs a signature?

Art Vandelay

« Reply #5474 on: January 27, 2015, 02:38:20 am »
I found the dart gun really helps with them. It instantly cripples both legs, so it's very useful for either kiting and/or running away like a little girl.

In related news, I decided to give Psychonauts a replay. I have to say, while it positively oozes creativity and charm, when you consider the gameplay, it's not quite the masterpiece that people say it is. Still a great game, don't get me wrong, but it has its share of flaws.
« Last Edit: January 29, 2015, 06:42:22 am by Art Vandelay »