Author Topic: Video Game Thread 2.0  (Read 1511752 times)

Offline Sleepy

• Fuck Yes Sunshine In a Bag
  • The Beast
  • Danger zone
Re: Video Game Thread 2.0
« Reply #5745 on: May 04, 2015, 09:14:05 am »
I must say, Yooka-Laylee is something I may actually get hyped for, and by "may actually get hyped for", I mean "may actually have jizzed in my pants upon hearing about it". Basically, the original team from Rare who made Banjo-Kazooie have, with the help of a stupidly successful Kickstarter, begun work on a spiritual successor to Banjo-Kazooie. I must say, after the disappointment that was Nuts 'n' Bolts, this is exactly what we need right now.

And yes, they have Grand Kirkhope doing the music. Needless to say, this is going to be glorious.

I saw this earlier and got super excited. It's making me want to replay the first two Banjos, despite the rage of some of the platforming. And Canary Mary.
Guys, this is getting creepy. Can we talk about cannibalism instead?

If a clown eats salmon on Tuesday, how much does a triangle weigh on Jupiter? Ask Mr. Wiggins for 10% off of your next dry cleaning bill. -Hades

Offline IanC

• Pope
« Reply #5746 on: May 04, 2015, 11:36:14 am »
Its also pretty much funded already. Quick too. Just hope it doesn't go the way of Mighty No 9...

Art Vandelay

« Reply #5747 on: May 05, 2015, 06:47:44 am »
I must say, Yooka-Laylee is something I may actually get hyped for, and by "may actually get hyped for", I mean "may actually have jizzed in my pants upon hearing about it". Basically, the original team from Rare who made Banjo-Kazooie have, with the help of a stupidly successful Kickstarter, begun work on a spiritual successor to Banjo-Kazooie. I must say, after the disappointment that was Nuts 'n' Bolts, this is exactly what we need right now.

And yes, they have Grand Kirkhope doing the music. Needless to say, this is going to be glorious.

I saw this earlier and got super excited. It's making me want to replay the first two Banjos, despite the rage of some of the platforming. And Canary Mary.

Seriously, fuck Canary Mary. My thumb still hasn't fully recovered from the last time I played Banjo-Tooie.

Offline Cloud3514

• The Beast
  • 404: Personal text not found.
« Reply #5748 on: May 05, 2015, 01:14:18 pm »
Its also pretty much funded already. Quick too. Just hope it doesn't go the way of Mighty No 9...

You mean on track for release with plenty of transparency from the dev team?
Who needs a signature?

Offline Second Coming of Madman

• Some of Internet Jesus
  • The Beast
  • Cisscum Internationale Society
« Reply #5749 on: May 05, 2015, 10:14:07 pm »
http://arstechnica.com/gaming/2015/05/04/failed-christian-shoe-promoter-makes-anti-gay-first-person-shooter/

I can't tell what's worse here- the fact that he made this shit or the fact that one can put "Christian footwear" on Kickstarter- and get 72.00 dollars for it.
@KanzlerImaginos - Feel free to drop me a line.

Toddlers get too much exercise, they wouldn't make good veal.

Offline Ultimate Paragon

• The Beast
  • Tougher than diamonds, stronger than steel
« Reply #5750 on: May 05, 2015, 10:43:41 pm »
http://arstechnica.com/gaming/2015/05/04/failed-christian-shoe-promoter-makes-anti-gay-first-person-shooter/

I can't tell what's worse here- the fact that he made this shit or the fact that one can put "Christian footwear" on Kickstarter- and get 72.00 dollars for it.

Reminds me of those shitty racist games Resistance Records made.

Offline MadCatTLX

• The Beast
« Reply #5751 on: May 06, 2015, 02:00:11 pm »
For some reason the "christian footwear" bit reminds me of how during the time I spent in a hospital they made us wear these flesh colored cheap-ass sandals. We called them "Jesus Sandals" because of the pattern molded into the top of them. The funny thing is, I was watching a documentary on National Geographic or something about a prison and the prisoners wore the same sandals, with one making a comment about them and also calling them "Jesus sandals".

History is full of maniacs, my friend, men and women of intelect, highly perceptive individuals, who's brilliant minds know neither restraint nor taboo. Such notions are the devils we must slay for the edification of pony-kind. Even if said edification means violating the rules of decency, society, and rightousness itself.
                                                                                                                                                             -Twilight Sparkle, MAGIC.mov

Art Vandelay

« Reply #5752 on: May 08, 2015, 09:16:41 am »
I'm getting into Morrowind once again. I must say, I'm suddenly reminded of why I can sink hours into this game, yet Oblivion and Skyrim just don't do it for me after the initial novelty wears off. As stupid as the combat is, the world is just full of creativity and feels like an actual world rather than something that's not even trying to not seem artificial (looking at you, Skyrim, with your completely linear dungeons that always have a convenient exit at the end). Not to mention, I'd say it has the least retarded leveling system.

Yeah, that's right, I'm one of those people who thinks Morrowind is the best Elder Scrolls game. What of it?

Offline Cerim Treascair

• My Love Is Lunar
  • The Beast
  • Get me my arbalest... explosive bolts, please.
« Reply #5753 on: May 08, 2015, 07:06:29 pm »
I'm getting into Morrowind once again. I must say, I'm suddenly reminded of why I can sink hours into this game, yet Oblivion and Skyrim just don't do it for me after the initial novelty wears off. As stupid as the combat is, the world is just full of creativity and feels like an actual world rather than something that's not even trying to not seem artificial (looking at you, Skyrim, with your completely linear dungeons that always have a convenient exit at the end). Not to mention, I'd say it has the least retarded leveling system.

Yeah, that's right, I'm one of those people who thinks Morrowind is the best Elder Scrolls game. What of it?

Hilariously, I have this feeling towards Oblivion.  Skyrim, while pretty and fleshed out, feels like there's almost TOO much to do, and too far to go between points.  Morrowind, on the other hand? I fired that up and it crashed inside of five minutes.  Tried Oblivion and promptly sank 180 hours into it in a month and a half.
There is light and darkness in the world, to be sure.  However, there's no harm to be had in walking in the shade or shadows.

Formerly Priestling

"I don't give a fuck about race...I'm white, I'm American, but that shit don't matter.  I'm human."

Offline lord gibbon

• That Weird Guy in the Corner
  • The Beast
  • living trivia machine
« Reply #5754 on: May 08, 2015, 09:19:57 pm »
Whereas I'm a full blown Skyrim fan. Morrowind annoyed me, especially those Talos-damned Dunmer. It's like they go out of their way to be irritating. I was quite happy when I first started up Skyrim and learned that they'd been conquered.
Excuse me, sir, do you have a minute to talk about your lord and savior, Hannibal Barca?

Quote from: Seneca
Religion is regarded by the common man as true, by the wise man as false, and by the powerful man as useful
Yeah, if the pagans are so smart, why did Jesus invade Pagan-land on the back of a dragon and kill them all!

Offline ironbite

• Overlord of all that is good in Iacon City
  • Kakarot
  • Stuck in the middle with you.
« Reply #5755 on: May 08, 2015, 09:34:42 pm »
Well...I guess that's true.

Ironbite-even if it was a volcano that did them in.

Offline Zygarde

• Black trans queen of FQA
  • The Beast
  • Fuck trees, I climb clouds, motherfucker!'
    • My YouTube Channel
« Reply #5756 on: May 08, 2015, 09:37:50 pm »
Well a volcano and an invasion by a hoard of pissed off lizard people who talk to trees (Argonia for TES VI!)

Offline lord gibbon

• That Weird Guy in the Corner
  • The Beast
  • living trivia machine
« Reply #5757 on: May 08, 2015, 09:39:15 pm »
I'm right with ya, Zy!
Excuse me, sir, do you have a minute to talk about your lord and savior, Hannibal Barca?

Quote from: Seneca
Religion is regarded by the common man as true, by the wise man as false, and by the powerful man as useful
Yeah, if the pagans are so smart, why did Jesus invade Pagan-land on the back of a dragon and kill them all!

Offline ironbite

• Overlord of all that is good in Iacon City
  • Kakarot
  • Stuck in the middle with you.
« Reply #5758 on: May 08, 2015, 09:45:11 pm »
Yeah can 6 be in Black Marsh?

Ironbite-as an Argonian player I need this.

Art Vandelay

« Reply #5759 on: May 08, 2015, 10:21:44 pm »
I'd like to see Black Marsh as well. Though I wouldn't turn up my nose at Sommerset Isle. The Telvanni controlled parts of Morrowind were always the most creative and interesting areas, so I wouldn't mind seeing them do a very magic-centric province.