Author Topic: Video Game Thread 2.0  (Read 1508642 times)

Offline RavynousHunter

• Master Thief
  • The Beast
  • A man of no consequence.
    • My Twitter
Re: Video Game Thread 2.0
« Reply #5805 on: June 02, 2015, 11:59:06 am »
Oooooooooooh!  Let's hope it keeps up with the trend of improvement that we saw with New Vegas.  Hell, you know what I'd like?  A remake of Fallout 2 in a modern engine.  Yes, that includes the car.  I mean, could you imagine how cool it'd be to tool around in the desert with this playing in the background?

<a href="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3jxn1sqAQ-c" target="_blank">http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3jxn1sqAQ-c</a>
Quote from: Bra'tac
Life for the sake of life means nothing.

Offline Askold

• Definitely not hiding a dark secret.
  • Global Moderator
  • The Beast
« Reply #5806 on: June 02, 2015, 01:02:16 pm »
I was just coming here to post the Fallout thing...

Yet another game that I will be looking forwards to seeing. I hope Putin is distracted for a while longer because I want to play Fallout 4 (or whatever they are making) before experiencing the post-nuclear wasteland in real life.
No matter what happens, no matter what my last words may end up being, I want everyone to claim that they were:
"If you strike me down, I shall become more powerful than you could possibly imagine."
Aww, you guys rock. :)  I feel the love... and the pitchforks and torches.  Tingly!

Offline RavynousHunter

• Master Thief
  • The Beast
  • A man of no consequence.
    • My Twitter
« Reply #5807 on: June 02, 2015, 01:30:10 pm »
I dunno...V-Poots (gotta thank Spuki for that one, lol) is dumb, but he's not suicidal.  Little point in being a dictator if you have no one to rule.
Quote from: Bra'tac
Life for the sake of life means nothing.

Offline Askold

• Global Moderator
  • The Beast
« Reply #5808 on: June 02, 2015, 02:13:38 pm »
Well, the biggest problem is that IF Putin and his cronies decide that they are going to lose anyway by running out of money and seeing the economy destroyed again they might as well take the chance and start a war... There being a tiny chance that they would be the ones in control of whatever is left of the planet after WW3.

Because a person would have to be insane or really desperate to start WW3.
No matter what happens, no matter what my last words may end up being, I want everyone to claim that they were:
"If you strike me down, I shall become more powerful than you could possibly imagine."
Aww, you guys rock. :)  I feel the love... and the pitchforks and torches.  Tingly!

Offline Dakota Bob

• The Beast
  • UGLY BAG OF MOSTLY WATER
« Reply #5809 on: June 03, 2015, 09:51:53 am »
Hopefully they improve pretty much EVERYTHING from Fallout 3. awkward combat, awkward animations...the Oblivion engine really was a fucking mess.

Offline Igor

• The Beast
  • Welcome to the velvet room...
« Reply #5810 on: June 03, 2015, 10:03:55 am »
Countdown ended, so far fuck all has happened aside from a different, counterless "please stand by" message...

Edit: Okay, apparently there;s a trailer up and their website's just broken. Looking for it now...

Edit 2:
<a href="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Lnn2rJpjar4" target="_blank">http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Lnn2rJpjar4</a>
« Last Edit: June 03, 2015, 10:10:21 am by Randomwolf42 »

Quote from: Quasirodent
The logical response to getting that tingle in his dingle is turning into an asshat, of course.

Les ananas ne parlent pas!

Offline Second Coming of Madman

• Some of Internet Jesus
  • The Beast
  • Cisscum Internationale Society
« Reply #5811 on: June 03, 2015, 10:44:08 am »
>Fecking Vertibirds.

Fucking Enclave degenerates can't be bothered to die in their holes like they should, can they? The time has come anew for a cleansing on the Wasteland, for a purging fire to be lit...
« Last Edit: June 03, 2015, 10:46:05 am by Second Coming of Madman »
@KanzlerImaginos - Feel free to drop me a line.

Toddlers get too much exercise, they wouldn't make good veal.

Offline Zygarde

• Black trans queen of FQA
  • The Beast
  • Fuck trees, I climb clouds, motherfucker!'
    • My YouTube Channel
« Reply #5812 on: June 03, 2015, 10:55:54 am »
You know the Enclave aren't the only people with Vertibirds it could be the NCR. Actually that would be interesting if the NCR are the villains this time around.

Offline Igor

• The Beast
« Reply #5813 on: June 03, 2015, 10:56:56 am »
Discussing it with someone, signs point to this possibly being a prequel, taking place around and in the years following the war. Check this article (where I found the trailer) http://www.pcadvisor.co.uk/news/game/fallout-4-release-date-rumours-countdown-timer-3498996/

The logical response to getting that tingle in his dingle is turning into an asshat, of course.

Offline Commissar Kaz

• Tzeentchian Cultist
  • Bishop
  • Just as planned!
« Reply #5814 on: June 03, 2015, 11:06:46 am »
Judging by the trailer, I'm gonna guess the Vault involved is going to have some form of suspended animation for its inhabitants. The main character's gonna be someone from before the war and recently revived. At least, that's what I think based on the cuts between "present day" and the past. My only other suggestion is time travel, but I think that's too out-there even for Fallout.

Offline Ultimate Paragon

• The Beast
  • Tougher than diamonds, stronger than steel
« Reply #5815 on: June 03, 2015, 11:12:00 am »
Where do you think it's gonna be set?

Offline Igor

• The Beast
« Reply #5816 on: June 03, 2015, 11:13:58 am »
Boston, my friend said, based on landmarks. Also I figure this takes place in the late 2080s or -90s. Could be wrong though.

Offline Askold

• Global Moderator
  • The Beast
« Reply #5817 on: June 03, 2015, 12:31:29 pm »
The thing about XCOM 2 is that rather than continuing from where XCOM: EU (or even EW) ended the sequel will start from the premise that X COM lost the fight almost as soon as it began. They didn't even manage to develop laser weapons or better armour.

Some are complaining since now it means that "their success" in finishing the game is "lost and meaningless." Personally I think this is a fresh idea and besides, the average XCOM game does end with alien victory followed by reload/restart...

...My assumption is that the aliens spammed Chrysalids until UN agreed that being slaves is better than getting your face full of alien wingwong (and not the fun kind) and being turned into zombies.

Offline ironbite

• Overlord of all that is good in Iacon City
  • Kakarot
  • Stuck in the middle with you.
« Reply #5818 on: June 03, 2015, 12:53:35 pm »
We're in Boston and I'm really hoping this is set after 3 and NV.

Ironbite-be fun to see the consequences of the Legion getting pushed out of the Mojave

Offline Commissar Kaz

• Tzeentchian Cultist
  • Bishop
  • Just as planned!
« Reply #5819 on: June 03, 2015, 03:28:41 pm »
My only other suggestion is time travel, but I think that's too out-there even for Fallout.

http://fallout.wikia.com/wiki/Guardian_of_Forever

It should be noted that almost all of the cameos and random happenings in Fallout 2 are non-canon. However, I wanted to be silly and point out - the main character of Fallout 2 once went back in time and caused Fallout 1 to happen. Time travel has happened before. :P

Bleh, I forgot about that.  ;D I guess we also can't forget that they did something as goofy as Mothership Zeta, so there's that. Still, I think something like Tranquility Lane-style cryopods sans virtual reality are more likely.