Author Topic: Video Game Thread 2.0  (Read 1507132 times)

Offline Askold

• Definitely not hiding a dark secret.
  • Global Moderator
  • The Beast
Re: Video Game Thread 2.0
« Reply #5895 on: July 02, 2015, 09:23:21 am »
Ah yes, the Legion...

Few changes, like having them use more guns, would have made them much more of a credible threat. Particularly since the real Roman legion was famous for studying the weapons and tactics of their enemies and putting them into their own use. Then again, even though I can understand slavery being used by cruel and ruthless nation I don't get why Caesar felt that the Luddite ideology was necessary. ...Particularly when his final plan included civilizing the Legion.

In other news, I got Evil genius, Nox and King of the dragon pass from GOG as those were on sale. I kinda wanted some other games as well but I only have a limited amount of free time.
No matter what happens, no matter what my last words may end up being, I want everyone to claim that they were:
"If you strike me down, I shall become more powerful than you could possibly imagine."
Aww, you guys rock. :)  I feel the love... and the pitchforks and torches.  Tingly!

Art Vandelay

« Reply #5896 on: July 02, 2015, 10:03:57 am »
I guess the idea is that, while under normal circumstances the Legion would be no more a threat to the NCR than any of the other primitive tribals they've rolled over in the past, the Legion has sheer quantity of troops while the NCR are stretched really thin. Throw in the Legion's fairly advanced understanding of tactics, training and organisation to somewhat make up for their shortfall in tech, and while they could probably never touch their core territories in California. they can certainly threaten a newly annexed, under-garrisoned and unruly frontier province like New Vegas.

Offline RavynousHunter

• Master Thief
  • The Beast
  • A man of no consequence.
    • My Twitter
« Reply #5897 on: July 02, 2015, 12:29:39 pm »
In other news, I got Evil genius, Nox and King of the dragon pass from GOG as those were on sale. I kinda wanted some other games as well but I only have a limited amount of free time.

Nox?  As in "made by Westwood before EA shitcanned them" Nox?  As in "Diablo's cooler brother" Nox?
Quote from: Bra'tac
Life for the sake of life means nothing.

Offline Second Coming of Madman

• Some of Internet Jesus
  • The Beast
  • Cisscum Internationale Society
« Reply #5898 on: July 07, 2015, 12:57:47 pm »
Quick. I plan to spend some disposable income soon on a Fallout game.

3 or New Vegas.
@KanzlerImaginos - Feel free to drop me a line.

Toddlers get too much exercise, they wouldn't make good veal.

Offline Askold

• Global Moderator
  • The Beast
« Reply #5899 on: July 07, 2015, 01:59:41 pm »
New Vegas.
No matter what happens, no matter what my last words may end up being, I want everyone to claim that they were:
"If you strike me down, I shall become more powerful than you could possibly imagine."
Aww, you guys rock. :)  I feel the love... and the pitchforks and torches.  Tingly!

Offline Zygarde

• Black trans queen of FQA
  • The Beast
  • Fuck trees, I climb clouds, motherfucker!'
    • My YouTube Channel
« Reply #5900 on: July 07, 2015, 02:13:09 pm »
I say 3 since if you plan to play 4 it will let you know about the Commonwealth which is a place in 4.

Offline Svata

• Doesn't even fucking know anymore
  • The Beast
  • No, seriously, fuck astrology.
« Reply #5901 on: July 07, 2015, 04:18:25 pm »
Been playin the shit out of me some progress quest.
"Politician" is the occupational equivalent of "Florida".

Offline Ultimate Paragon

• The Beast
  • Tougher than diamonds, stronger than steel
« Reply #5902 on: July 07, 2015, 04:45:28 pm »
There’s a rumor going on that WB Games Montreal, the same people who made Arkham Origins, are possibly going to be developing a Superman game.  I thought Arkham Origins was a pretty good effort, but considering Superman’s track record with games…

Offline RavynousHunter

• Master Thief
  • The Beast
    • My Twitter
« Reply #5903 on: July 07, 2015, 05:31:26 pm »
I dunno, they also made Arkham Knight, and the PC port of that was so abysmal that it got pulled until it was actually finished.

Offline Ultimate Paragon

• The Beast
  • Tougher than diamonds, stronger than steel
« Reply #5904 on: July 08, 2015, 05:32:44 pm »
Anybody else interested in Allison Road?

http://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=453962371

<a href="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=__i_LoRKhJ0" target="_blank">http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=__i_LoRKhJ0</a>

Offline Askold

• Global Moderator
  • The Beast
« Reply #5905 on: July 09, 2015, 12:42:54 am »
I dunno, they also made Arkham Knight, and the PC port of that was so abysmal that it got pulled until it was actually finished.
Was that their fault or did their boss just order them to launch an unfinished game? Because Fallout games have a history of being great games but needing lots of updates before they work. (Fallout 2 in particular was about as bad as Arkham Knight's PC port AND a lot of material was left out completely. Actually, Killap's Fallout patch adds hours of gameplay to it by adding the unfinished areas and uses voice files that were on the game disk but were unused because the programmers didn't have time to add the relevant areas and quests.)

Offline Second Coming of Madman

• Some of Internet Jesus
  • The Beast
  • Cisscum Internationale Society
« Reply #5906 on: July 09, 2015, 06:11:53 am »
The WOW movie actually looks pretty nice from this trailer, though my perception may have been colored by me moving around the camera (Open a new tab, or it looks grotesque) in Chrome like a baby who just got keys dangled at them.

<a href="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IqmFQY-7yQI" target="_blank">http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IqmFQY-7yQI</a>
« Last Edit: July 09, 2015, 07:02:38 am by Second Coming of Madman »
@KanzlerImaginos - Feel free to drop me a line.

Toddlers get too much exercise, they wouldn't make good veal.

Offline RavynousHunter

• Master Thief
  • The Beast
    • My Twitter
« Reply #5907 on: July 09, 2015, 08:19:12 am »
Was that their fault or did their boss just order them to launch an unfinished game? Because Fallout games have a history of being great games but needing lots of updates before they work. (Fallout 2 in particular was about as bad as Arkham Knight's PC port AND a lot of material was left out completely. Actually, Killap's Fallout patch adds hours of gameplay to it by adding the unfinished areas and uses voice files that were on the game disk but were unused because the programmers didn't have time to add the relevant areas and quests.)

They were responsible, since they decided to outsource their PC port to another company who half-assed the job and they, quite obviously, did no QA testing.

Offline Askold

• Global Moderator
  • The Beast
« Reply #5908 on: July 09, 2015, 08:59:04 am »

They were responsible, since they decided to outsource their PC port to another company who half-assed the job and they, quite obviously, did no QA testing.

In other words, the designers may know their stuff and as long as the management doesn't fuck up by trying to save money/time they can make a good game.

Offline RavynousHunter

• Master Thief
  • The Beast
    • My Twitter
« Reply #5909 on: July 09, 2015, 09:34:02 am »

In other words, the designers may know their stuff and as long as the management doesn't fuck up by trying to save money/time they can make a good game.

Bingolio, brotha.