Author Topic: Seal Team 6 Operator Transgendered  (Read 2109 times)

Offline DiscoBerry

• The Beast
    • Has the Hadron Collider Destroyed the Earth Yet?
Seal Team 6 Operator Transgendered
« on: June 08, 2013, 06:04:41 am »
What a twist! [/Robot Chicken M Night Shyamalan impression]

http://youtu.be/JHhMcE4kmo8 YouTube still won't embed. 

Offline Askold

• Definitely not hiding a dark secret.
  • Global Moderator
  • The Beast
Re: Seal Team 6 Operator Transgendered
« Reply #1 on: June 08, 2013, 06:42:25 am »
Article about her:
http://sofrep.com/21525/breaking-the-first-female-navy-seal-kristin-beck/

I heard about it on another forum when a member claimed to have been her roommate back in the eighties. (Apparently Kristin still owes him money.)

That thread brought up an interesting point:
1) LGBT are now allowed to serve openly in the Military
2) Women are now on track to serve in Combat Arms
3) She is a highly Decorated prior service SEAL with combat tours.

So it does not seem like there would be anything stopping her from going back to military, if she'd decide to do it. Maybe even going back to being a SEAL team member?
No matter what happens, no matter what my last words may end up being, I want everyone to claim that they were:
"If you strike me down, I shall become more powerful than you could possibly imagine."
Aww, you guys rock. :)  I feel the love... and the pitchforks and torches.  Tingly!

Offline chitoryu12

• The Beast
  • Tax-Payer Rhino
« Reply #2 on: June 08, 2013, 01:11:46 pm »
I think her teammates would be fine having her back. SEALs maintain intense loyalty and trust, and I don't think they'd be happy seeing one of their colleagues being kicked out purely because he was a she.

The reason women don't often serve in special forces is because they fail the qualification tests, rather than out-and-out bigotry.
Still can't think of a signature a year later.

Offline Sigmaleph

• Ungodlike
  • Administrator
  • The Beast
    • sigmaleph on tumblr
« Reply #3 on: June 08, 2013, 02:51:03 pm »
What a twist! [/Robot Chicken M Night Shyamalan impression]

http://youtu.be/JHhMcE4kmo8 YouTube still won't embed. 

For embedding to work, you have to use the youtube.com format for the URL, rather than youtu.be. The code:

Code: [Select]
[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JHhMcE4kmo8[/youtube]
would produce this:

<a href="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JHhMcE4kmo8" target="_blank">http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JHhMcE4kmo8</a>
Σא

Offline ironbite

• Overlord of all that is good in Iacon City
  • Kakarot
  • Stuck in the middle with you.
« Reply #4 on: June 08, 2013, 08:07:58 pm »
Special Forces in the military are a cut above regular grunts.  They truly are the best of the best of the best and will be what wins us wars and such.

Ironbite-this...this is kinda awesome.

Offline chitoryu12

• The Beast
  • Tax-Payer Rhino
« Reply #5 on: June 08, 2013, 09:07:36 pm »
Actually, looking at that video I don't think she'll be participating in special forces any time soon purely because her name and face has been publicized. One of the things you try not to do is let the bad guys know about who's part of your super special operations, lest they decide to do some digging on their address...
Still can't think of a signature a year later.

Offline Lt. Fred

• The Beast
  • I see what you were trying to do there
« Reply #6 on: June 08, 2013, 10:44:53 pm »
And then they come up with 'United States' and go how the hell do we hit there?
Ultimate Paragon admits to fabricating a hit piece on Politico.

http://fqa.digibase.ca/index.php?topic=6936.0

The party's name is the Democratic Party. It has been since 1830. Please spell correctly.

"The party must go wholly one way or wholly the other. It cannot face in both directions at the same time."
-FDR

Offline erictheblue

• The Beast
« Reply #7 on: June 09, 2013, 08:33:28 am »
So it does not seem like there would be anything stopping her from going back to military, if she'd decide to do it. Maybe even going back to being a SEAL team member?

She's actually retired after 20 years of service, so I don't think going back is likely.

I happened to see this on CNN yesterday. Couldn't hear it since we were out getting lunch, but I could see the stuff on the screen. Obviously, I think this is awesome! I think this really puts a damper on the idea of "MtFs are all 'femmie' wimps." She also slaughters the "MtFs look like apes in a dress" stereotype; she looks amazing!

My only "complaint" is that this makes her the first female SEAL. That in and of itself isn't bad. I just had a mental image of the first female SEAL going through the pipeline as female, and proving women can do it. (I have no doubt a woman will eventually qualify as a SEAL.)

Here is a link to her book. I haven't read it, but grabbed a sample to read on my kindle.
« Last Edit: June 09, 2013, 08:35:38 am by erictheblue »
[Anonymous is] like... an internet Cthulu... you don't want to rouse them, but at the same time... woah think of the beautiful chaos! - SpaceProg

QueenofHearts

« Reply #8 on: June 09, 2013, 02:46:13 pm »

Sadly, that isn't an option. The Department of Defense has very stringent guidelines on gender identity disorder.

Offline Shane for Wax

• Official Mosin Nagant Fanboy, Crazy, and Lord of Androgynes
  • Kakarot
  • Twin to shy, lover of weapons, pagan, wolf-brother
    • Game Podunk
« Reply #9 on: June 09, 2013, 06:54:38 pm »

She's actually retired after 20 years of service, so I don't think going back is likely.

I happened to see this on CNN yesterday. Couldn't hear it since we were out getting lunch, but I could see the stuff on the screen. Obviously, I think this is awesome! I think this really puts a damper on the idea of "MtFs are all 'femmie' wimps." She also slaughters the "MtFs look like apes in a dress" stereotype; she looks amazing!

My only "complaint" is that this makes her the first female SEAL. That in and of itself isn't bad. I just had a mental image of the first female SEAL going through the pipeline as female, and proving women can do it. (I have no doubt a woman will eventually qualify as a SEAL.)

Here is a link to her book. I haven't read it, but grabbed a sample to read on my kindle.

Agreed. It would've been so great to see a ciswoman become the first but hey, this isn't bad either. Maybe it's the impetus needed to start educating people on the trans population of the Earth in a more public, nation-wide way rather than in pockets?

Also, trans connect-4 has started. Where's our fourth? :P

&
"The human race. Greatest monsters of them all."
"Ke barjurir gar'ade, jagyc'ade kot'la a dalyc'ade kotla'shya."
Fucking Dalek twats I’m going to twat you over the head with my fucking TARDIS you fucking fucks!