Author Topic: Mr. Trump Goes to Washington  (Read 388320 times)

Offline SCarpelan

• The Beast
Re: Mr. Trump Goes to Washington
« Reply #3405 on: June 04, 2020, 03:51:52 am »
Again, we need to expose the names and identities of the men who participated in the charge to clear the way for Trump. Fascists do not have privacy.

It's a mistake to attribute the chaos to Trump. He is making it worse but the roots are much deeper in the American system and he and his enablers are more a symptom than the cause. When it comes to police violence you urgently need to deal with the power police unions have over politicians and justice system on the local level. Then you have one less obstacle in fighting for actual demilitarization of the police force including banning the sale of military surplus equipment to police which means you have to fight the military industrial complex.

Electing Democratic politicians is just one step on the way, not the solution. They aren't going to do anything without public pressure including protests and if nothing else helps, riots. If you have Republicans in power they are more likely to push back with more fascism since their voter base loves uppity minorities getting shown their place with explicit violence.

Offline Id82

• The Beast
« Reply #3406 on: June 04, 2020, 08:01:31 pm »
Just what the fuck has Donald Trump been doing? I mean I don't want him to get re elected at all but doesn't he realize this is an election year? Yet he continues to quadruple down on his strategy of appealing to maybe thirty five percent of the country. That might have worked in 2016 because A the electorate didn't know how Trump would govern, and B the electorate hated Hillary just as much, but in the most challenging year of his presidency with a global pandemic, a recession and riots and protests. He's been hands off, blames everyone else and even incites more violence. Instead of trying to unite a wounded country he continues to divide it even more. This strategy didn't work for him in 2018 and it's gotten worse. He either A thinks he's invincible, B doesn't believe what polls are telling him,  C figures he has nothing to lose so he might as well take the country down with him.
G.O.P
a  b r
s  s o
l   t   j
i   r  e
g  u c
h  c  t
t   t

Offline dpareja

• The Beast
« Reply #3407 on: June 04, 2020, 09:15:23 pm »
Or D he only needs 35% since GOP state legislators will suppress them, GOP Senators will shoot down House bills about it, and GOP judges will uphold all those laws.
Quote from: Jordan Duram
It doesn't concern you, Sister, that kind of absolutist view of the universe? Right and wrong determined solely by a single all-knowing, all powerful being whose judgment cannot be questioned and in whose name the most horrendous acts can be sanctioned without appeal?

Quote from: Supreme Court of Canada
Being required by someone else’s religious beliefs to behave contrary to one’s sexual identity is degrading and disrespectful.

Offline Id82

• The Beast
« Reply #3408 on: June 04, 2020, 10:53:55 pm »
It's shitty that despite how terrible he is his party still adores him.
G.O.P
a  b r
s  s o
l   t   j
i   r  e
g  u c
h  c  t
t   t

Offline Eiki-mun

• der Löwe aus Mitternacht
  • The Beast
  • On the fields of Breitenfeld.
    • Main Personal Blog
« Reply #3409 on: June 04, 2020, 10:55:06 pm »

Not despite. Because of. It's important to remember that he's not just one guy. The entire party is like this. They just hid it until recently.

All Republicans Are Bastards.
There is no plague more evil and vile to watch spread than the plague that is the Von Habsburg dynasty.

Offline dpareja

• The Beast
« Reply #3410 on: June 05, 2020, 12:25:51 am »

Not despite. Because of. It's important to remember that he's not just one guy. The entire party is like this. They just hid it until recently.

All Republicans Are Bastards.

Only the ones who vote for Republicans.
It doesn't concern you, Sister, that kind of absolutist view of the universe? Right and wrong determined solely by a single all-knowing, all powerful being whose judgment cannot be questioned and in whose name the most horrendous acts can be sanctioned without appeal?

Being required by someone else’s religious beliefs to behave contrary to one’s sexual identity is degrading and disrespectful.

Offline ironbite

• Overlord of all that is good in Iacon City
  • Kakarot
  • Stuck in the middle with you.
« Reply #3411 on: June 05, 2020, 08:22:24 am »
Just what the fuck has Donald Trump been doing? I mean I don't want him to get re elected at all but doesn't he realize this is an election year? Yet he continues to quadruple down on his strategy of appealing to maybe thirty five percent of the country. That might have worked in 2016 because A the electorate didn't know how Trump would govern, and B the electorate hated Hillary just as much, but in the most challenging year of his presidency with a global pandemic, a recession and riots and protests. He's been hands off, blames everyone else and even incites more violence. Instead of trying to unite a wounded country he continues to divide it even more. This strategy didn't work for him in 2018 and it's gotten worse. He either A thinks he's invincible, B doesn't believe what polls are telling him,  C figures he has nothing to lose so he might as well take the country down with him.

He never wanted the job.  Look at his reaction at election night.  It was one of shock and disbelief.  He did not want the job and still doesn't.  Because it's nothing what he believed it was.  So, unconsciously, he's trying everything he can to get out of it.  Meanwhile, all of his efforts are being praised and applauded by the very people who want to keep him in power.  The minority of voters and the entire GOP who see his victory as a validation of their beliefs and a way to maintain power for generations to come respectivly.

Ironbite-don't think for a minute Trump's not replaceable but for now, he's the best thing the GOP has to maintain a stranglehold on this country for generations.

Offline Vanto

• Bishop
« Reply #3412 on: June 05, 2020, 01:06:55 pm »
One thing that appears to be missing from USA is proportional reaction.

A man gets choked to death after it is mistakenly believed that he faked a check and people go "he shouldn't have committed a crime."

Even if he had been guilty of that, is death really a reasonable punishment? And if so, wouldn't he deserve to go to court at least? And just how much violence can the police use against him when he wasn't actually resisting them?

Police have assaulted politicians, have taken down USA's flags and replaced them with their own, opened fire on unarmed people (now and previously over the decades numerous times) and assaulted members of media who hadn't violated any laws.

Thankfully, the cops who killed Floyd were condemned by virtually everyone aside from the Minneapolis police union. If there's any good to come out of his senseless death and the senseless violence that's followed, it's that we may finally see true police accountability nationwide... I hope.

To be clear, I'm not dismissing your overall idea out of hand, and I think it's something worth exploring regardless. I'm just saying it may not get the results you think it will, especially since there are reports of people deliberately inciting riots.

Many of those are in uniform, wearing riot gear. Get those thugs under control and you will see an immediate decrease in violent conflict.

I hope you like the taste of boot polish.

Look, I don't hit you with drive-by insults, so could you please not do that to me?

You have a point, there have been cases where cops made the unrest worse. However, we've also seen reports of the boogaloo boys, Antifa, racial identitarians, and just plain self-serving opportunists pouring gasoline on this dumpster fire.

In other news, Jake Paul's been arrested.
Stop the timeline, I wanna get off.

Offline dpareja

• The Beast
« Reply #3413 on: June 05, 2020, 04:06:54 pm »

A man gets choked to death after it is mistakenly believed that he faked a check and people go "he shouldn't have committed a crime."

Even if he had been guilty of that, is death really a reasonable punishment? And if so, wouldn't he deserve to go to court at least? And just how much violence can the police use against him when he wasn't actually resisting them?

Police have assaulted politicians, have taken down USA's flags and replaced them with their own, opened fire on unarmed people (now and previously over the decades numerous times) and assaulted members of media who hadn't violated any laws.

Thankfully, the cops who killed Floyd were condemned by virtually everyone aside from the Minneapolis police union. If there's any good to come out of his senseless death and the senseless violence that's followed, it's that we may finally see true police accountability nationwide... I hope.

That's great. Now where was such near-unanimous condemnation of the cop who killed Tamir Rice? Or Eric Garner? Or Philando Castile? Or how about the civilian thug who killed Trayvon Martin?

It didn't matter how much condemnation there was against Floyd's killer, or whether he gets convicted or not. This has been building for centuries and the dam finally burst.

Offline RavynousHunter

• Master Thief
  • The Beast
  • A man of no consequence.
    • My Twitter
« Reply #3414 on: June 05, 2020, 08:12:26 pm »
Minor correction: it burst again.  Let's not forget the 1992 LA riots.  Its gonna keep bursting til shit gets fixed.
Quote from: Bra'tac
Life for the sake of life means nothing.

Offline dpareja

• The Beast
« Reply #3415 on: June 05, 2020, 08:48:24 pm »
Minor correction: it burst again.  Let's not forget the 1992 LA riots.  Its gonna keep bursting til shit gets fixed.

Did the LA riots spread literally nationwide, though? That was a time before mass social media, after all.

EDIT: https://www.cbc.ca/news/world/trump-floyd-economic-report-1.5600068

Holy ever loving fuck can this dirtbag get any more insensitive?
« Last Edit: June 05, 2020, 08:55:09 pm by dpareja »

Offline niam2023

• The Beast
  • The Forum Chad
« Reply #3416 on: June 05, 2020, 09:28:25 pm »
It's like he WANTS to lose the Race in November.
Living Life, Lifting, Waiting for Summer

Offline Vanto

• Bishop
« Reply #3417 on: June 06, 2020, 01:51:49 am »

That's great. Now where was such near-unanimous condemnation of the cop who killed Tamir Rice? Or Eric Garner? Or Philando Castile? Or how about the civilian thug who killed Trayvon Martin?

It didn't matter how much condemnation there was against Floyd's killer, or whether he gets convicted or not. This has been building for centuries and the dam finally burst.

For Eric Garner, there was. SNL even did a skit about it, with Al Sharpton being baffled that everyone agreed with him for once. Rice's death saw a lot of condemnation too, and it spurred then-governor Kasich to reform Ohio police.

You are, however, right that the reactions to the deaths of Castile and Martin were more divided... which is at least partly because there was more room for debate about whether their killers acted wrongly. Multiple use of force experts, including one who testified at Jeronimo Yanez's trial, said Yanez acted reasonably. Vincent Di Maio, a forensic pathologist, testified that the physical evidence was consistent with George Zimmerman's testimony. And countless legal experts said the jury made the right decision.

Their deaths were certainly nothing to celebrate, but they also weren't cut-and-dry cases of murder like you seem to be saying. Are there valid criticisms of how Yanez and Zimmerman acted? Sure, but given the facts available, we can't really say they're outright murderers. Not saying they're necessarily good people, just there's no reason to assume they're as bad as you're saying.

It's like he WANTS to lose the Race in November.

For all we know, maybe he does. But something tells me even if that's the case, we got a good chance of a Springtime for Hitler.
Stop the timeline, I wanna get off.

Offline dpareja

• The Beast
« Reply #3418 on: June 06, 2020, 02:07:04 am »
With Rice, the cop who killed him was literally offered another job as a cop.

With Garner, did you not see the people who said that the fact that he could say "I can't breathe" was proof he could, in fact, breathe and did not suffocate? Or the political pressure on the coroner to rule his death not a homicide? (Which, to her credit, she refused to do.)

With Castile, what was probably most infuriating is that he did everything right: he told the cop he had a gun, he showed the cop the gun, and he still died for, essentially, exercising his Second Amendment rights while black--and the NRA, that great defender of gun rights (which worked with Reagan to enact California's gun restrictions after the Black Panthers marched into the state Capitol armed, when any number of white groups had previously done so), was silent on the fact that a legal gun owner was cut down in cold blood by a cop (and don't try to tell me they wouldn't have been raising hell if Castile had been white).

And as for Martin, look at the reaction in parts of the media. The focus wasn't on the guy who killed Martin; it was on how Martin did drugs and was a bad kid and such, as if that somehow mitigated what his killer had done.

White people do not, by and large, get treated the same way black people do in the US, in life or in death. White people's lives matter more than black people's lives.

Offline Askold

• Definitely not hiding a dark secret.
  • Global Moderator
  • The Beast
« Reply #3419 on: June 06, 2020, 02:21:46 am »
Castile didn't show the gun. The law required him to inform the officer that he had a gun because it was part of the rules when a license to carry a concealed weapon and when the officer asked to see his license Castile reached for his wallet, prompting the police officer to panic and scream "don't reach for it!"

And it wasn't even over then, what followed was Castile insisting that he isn't reaching for a gun and the cop screaming repeatedly before emptying his gun on Mr. Castile.

AND THEN, while Mr. Castile was dying, his girlfriend had to calm down the police officer so that he wouldn't shoot her as well.
No matter what happens, no matter what my last words may end up being, I want everyone to claim that they were:
"If you strike me down, I shall become more powerful than you could possibly imagine."
Aww, you guys rock. :)  I feel the love... and the pitchforks and torches.  Tingly!