Author Topic: Not-Good Things People Say on the Internet  (Read 273648 times)

Offline dpareja

• The Beast
Re: Not-Good Things People Say on the Internet
« Reply #930 on: July 28, 2017, 12:10:01 pm »
As far as scientific opinion, this is another case where the similarity to climate warming theory comes in play.

The liberal side stifles and suppresses any research that contradicts their viewpoints and refuses to provide the raw data and their testing methodology then expects everyone else to accept it as scientific law. This kind of behavior is why many independents and right wing folks have plenty of justifiable ridicule of liberal scientific theories.

That and it doesn't help when your most visible proponents flew into town in a private jet to lecture on why everyone should live frugually

Comparing gender identity to climate change.
Quote from: Jordan Duram
It doesn't concern you, Sister, that kind of absolutist view of the universe? Right and wrong determined solely by a single all-knowing, all powerful being whose judgment cannot be questioned and in whose name the most horrendous acts can be sanctioned without appeal?

Quote from: Supreme Court of Canada
Being required by someone else’s religious beliefs to behave contrary to one’s sexual identity is degrading and disrespectful.

Offline Skybison

• The Beast
« Reply #931 on: July 29, 2017, 01:56:11 pm »
Today in Incel's are the worst we've got livinginhell101 who has a brilliant plan to replace women's brains with those of dogs.

I should add that he is also a flat earther and claims to be gender transition (despite not being trans) because he thinks he'll have an easier time getting sex.

“I have been on estrogen for about 6 months now. It all started when I got my new therapist three months before that. Who referred me to a new general practitioner he knows. Obviously I told him nothing about being incel or hating females. Only that I always felt like a girl, which was a massive lie. I just wanted to get hormones to attempt a gender transition and hopefully become attracted to dudes like the other trans on reddit. Who so ironically betray themselves and their cause by casually posting truth.”

I'm pretty sure that's not how that works.

Offline ironbite

• Overlord of all that is good in Iacon City
  • Kakarot
  • Stuck in the middle with you.
« Reply #932 on: July 29, 2017, 03:20:22 pm »
Yeah think I'm gonna be sick.

Art Vandelay

« Reply #933 on: July 29, 2017, 10:39:07 pm »
So basically, he wants a woman who has no concept of a toilet or of wiping her arse. Gee, that sounds totally hot. Where do I sign up?

Offline Random Gal

• Bisex Rex
  • The Beast
  • Sic Semper Tyrannosaurus
« Reply #934 on: July 30, 2017, 07:32:06 am »
And he seems to think that taking estrogen is just going to magically make him attracted to guys.

Offline RavynousHunter

• Master Thief
  • The Beast
  • A man of no consequence.
    • My Twitter
« Reply #935 on: July 30, 2017, 08:52:27 am »
Makin the damn fish gay!
Quote from: Bra'tac
Life for the sake of life means nothing.

Offline Random Gal

• Bisex Rex
  • The Beast
  • Sic Semper Tyrannosaurus
« Reply #936 on: July 30, 2017, 12:11:03 pm »
Makin the damn fish gay!

I don't suppose you like fish sticks?

Offline Askold

• Definitely not hiding a dark secret.
  • Global Moderator
  • The Beast
« Reply #937 on: July 30, 2017, 12:28:33 pm »
I blame dolphins. Those damn giggling bastards are smiling all the time. They must be scheming something.
No matter what happens, no matter what my last words may end up being, I want everyone to claim that they were:
"If you strike me down, I shall become more powerful than you could possibly imagine."
Aww, you guys rock. :)  I feel the love... and the pitchforks and torches.  Tingly!

Offline RavynousHunter

• Master Thief
  • The Beast
  • A man of no consequence.
    • My Twitter
« Reply #938 on: July 30, 2017, 01:25:38 pm »
I blame dolphins. Those damn giggling bastards are smiling all the time. They must be scheming something.

They are, it just usually involves spree killing and/or rape.
Quote from: Bra'tac
Life for the sake of life means nothing.

Offline LeTipex

• Bishop
  • I'm right, because I accept that I can be wrong.
« Reply #939 on: July 30, 2017, 02:16:40 pm »

They are, it just usually involves spree killing and/or rape.
Ah... Game of Thrones fan, then...

Offline The_Queen

• Royalty & Royalty-free
  • The Beast
  • And here we go...
« Reply #940 on: July 30, 2017, 11:46:39 pm »
Makin the damn fish gay!

They're turning the freakin' frogs gay.

Does anyone take Donald Trump seriously, anymore?

Offline Sigmaleph

• Ungodlike
  • Administrator
  • The Beast
    • sigmaleph on tumblr
« Reply #941 on: August 03, 2017, 03:56:59 pm »
“I have been on estrogen for about 6 months now. It all started when I got my new therapist three months before that. Who referred me to a new general practitioner he knows. Obviously I told him nothing about being incel or hating females. Only that I always felt like a girl, which was a massive lie. I just wanted to get hormones to attempt a gender transition and hopefully become attracted to dudes like the other trans on reddit. Who so ironically betray themselves and their cause by casually posting truth.”

I'm pretty sure that's not how that works.

anecdotally, HRT can have an effect on sexual orientation but it's not reliable and it's not major so probably not a good way to hack attraction to men (this is generally true of every other way to hack sexual orientation; does not work reliably, best case scenario might move you one point in the Kinsey scale)

anyway I don't really think this is real but transitioning if you're not dysphoric is a bad idea please don't do it. If it is real I'm hoping she's just in denial about dysphoria and chooses this narrative to deal with it. Certainly better than the alternative.
Σא

Offline Skybison

• The Beast
« Reply #942 on: August 05, 2017, 02:36:24 am »
anecdotally, HRT can have an effect on sexual orientation but it's not reliable and it's not major so probably not a good way to hack attraction to men (this is generally true of every other way to hack sexual orientation; does not work reliably, best case scenario might move you one point in the Kinsey scale)

anyway I don't really think this is real but transitioning if you're not dysphoric is a bad idea please don't do it. If it is real I'm hoping she's just in denial about dysphoria and chooses this narrative to deal with it. Certainly better than the alternative.

Apparently she made posts since then saying she really like female hormones so there is a good chance that's the case, unless it's all bullshit which I won't bet against.

Offline Askold

• Definitely not hiding a dark secret.
  • Global Moderator
  • The Beast
« Reply #943 on: August 06, 2017, 10:21:12 am »
Guy goes to a women-only subreddit and shows his special brand of charm:

This sub is actually adorable. I don't know if you guys read any of the posts men post or even if men post here at all and I'm breaking rules or something... but whatever.

Really cool to see lots of women encouraging each other and sharing their stories. Actually brings a huge grin to my face reading these. It's so interesting to get a female perspective. I am fairly young, and I think I do pretty creative stuff for dates, but it's curious to see a post titled "I just had the best sex of my life", and then 90% of the post be about how the date was amazing and they watched Moulin Rouge after cruising on a parkway, going to a botanical garden or something, maybe some stargazing after dinner the guy cooked for the girl or they cooked together...

I dunno it's just refreshing to see those romantics out there. Makes me have some more faith in humanity and introduces another different view of sex than I normally have. Women are just fascinating creatures I will never understand.

EDIT: Jesus Christ the over-sensitivity killed it for me. Just take it with a fucking grain of salt. I'm not going for a "lol look at the zoo animals things" tone... Holy shit...

People react badly and point out that his condescending tone is a bit creepy and he reacts about as well as you might guess:

Wait. You are females... What is the problem with that word? Why can't older women be adorable? Why is adorable condescending? What the hell! I came here to say that I am grateful for the new perspective and you all seem to think I'm patronizing you... something something red tents something something everything I say is wrong.... <---THAT'S condescending, not what I said above.

You seem like one of those militant feminist types of people that are looking to start fights. "Dealing" with being the wildly better looking sex from an artistic standpoint and thinking that being called "beautiful" or "adorable" and "hard working" or "successful" or "fierce and accomplished" or "smart" are mutually exclusive is a fucking joke.

Of course I am going to be frustrated when people take something I am saying with pure intent to be something that makes me feel like I've maligned them. You seem to think I lack empathy without knowing anything about me, when you seem to lack empathy about my situation, which was to post something I thought would brighten someones day or make people feel appreciated and was met with general distaste!

Imagine my shock when I logged in and saw that 3 people had upvoted it with a 100% upvoted rate, and then suddenly I have a bunch of angry women banging down my door lol.

I didn't want to post something that turns into an argument, but I really am offended you would go out of your way to start a fight. I can't just let that go unanswered. Absolutely preposterous. I'm sorry that you reacted so unfavorably to this, and I'm sorry you were offended by my post. Hopefully not everyone sees it through whatever tint of glass you're looking.

Also sorry if this is formatted terribly. Im posting on my phone!

Went pretty quickly from "you women are strange but adorable creatures" to "disagreeing with me? must be those militant feminists that I keep hearing about."
No matter what happens, no matter what my last words may end up being, I want everyone to claim that they were:
"If you strike me down, I shall become more powerful than you could possibly imagine."
Aww, you guys rock. :)  I feel the love... and the pitchforks and torches.  Tingly!

Offline dpareja

• The Beast
« Reply #944 on: August 15, 2017, 02:49:36 pm »
I don't even understand this discussion. Nazis are bad, and murdered millions. These guys in Charlottesville were carrying swastikas, came with weapons, that's not free speech, that's hate. It's disgraceful. Who the fuck brings weapons to a peaceful protest?

If you believe they had the right to protest about white equality by espousing hatred, bigotry, and violence, then you need to take a long look in the mirror, because that makes you a bigot and a racist.

I don't like what you're saying, so stop saying it!
Quote from: Jordan Duram
It doesn't concern you, Sister, that kind of absolutist view of the universe? Right and wrong determined solely by a single all-knowing, all powerful being whose judgment cannot be questioned and in whose name the most horrendous acts can be sanctioned without appeal?

Quote from: Supreme Court of Canada
Being required by someone else’s religious beliefs to behave contrary to one’s sexual identity is degrading and disrespectful.