Author Topic: North Korea's trolling yet again.  (Read 4122 times)

Offline Stormwarden

• The Beast
North Korea's trolling yet again.
« on: May 19, 2013, 12:20:48 am »
http://www.adelaidenow.com.au/north-korea-launches-three-short-range-missiles/story-e6frea6u-1226645895031

North Korea fired three missiles into the Sea of Japan in the wake of joint exercises between South Korea and the US. *sighs* I'm not sure if they're trolling or throwing a tantrum. And I can't help but wonder if they were aiming for something, and the missiles fell short. At any rate, looks like we'll be back to hearing about them, assuming the US is done with its morbid fascination with Jodi Arias.

Be the Ultimate Ninja! Play Billy Vs. SNAKEMAN today!

Offline Askold

• Definitely not hiding a dark secret.
  • Global Moderator
  • The Beast
Re: North Korea's trolling yet again.
« Reply #1 on: May 19, 2013, 01:33:28 am »
This is once again proof that no one takes North Korea seriously.

They threaten with artillery and missiles and nukes and even fire at their neighbours...

And no one gives a damn.

Do you have any idea how many cases there are of NK firing on the border or at the sea and now even firing missiles there are?

Despite all this their neigbhours are still treating them like a little kid throwing a tantrum.

For God's sake, NK was threatening to use their nuke repeatedle and they still didn't get a responce from South Korea untill they said that they'll just load the nuke onto a plane and send it on a suicide mission if that is what it takes to get attention.
No matter what happens, no matter what my last words may end up being, I want everyone to claim that they were:
"If you strike me down, I shall become more powerful than you could possibly imagine."
Aww, you guys rock. :)  I feel the love... and the pitchforks and torches.  Tingly!

Offline chiheisen

• Apprentice
  • Don't mind me. I'm just your average lurker.
North Korea's trolling yet again.
« Reply #2 on: May 19, 2013, 01:59:28 am »
This is once again proof that no one takes North Korea seriously.

They threaten with artillery and missiles and nukes and even fire at their neighbours...

And no one gives a damn.

Do you have any idea how many cases there are of NK firing on the border or at the sea and now even firing missiles there are?

Despite all this their neigbhours are still treating them like a little kid throwing a tantrum.

For God's sake, NK was threatening to use their nuke repeatedle and they still didn't get a responce from South Korea untill they said that they'll just load the nuke onto a plane and send it on a suicide mission if that is what it takes to get attention.

This reminds me of a time last year that North Korea decided to threaten to launch things at Japan/into the Sea of Japan.  I was at work and it was our school excursion, so we were discussing it at the morning meeting.  The vice principal snickered and said, "Well, if they do decide to launch anything, I guess we'll just have to walk back to school." 
一期一会

Offline RavynousHunter

• Master Thief
  • The Beast
  • A man of no consequence.
    • My Twitter
« Reply #3 on: May 19, 2013, 03:51:46 am »
I, like Askold I'm sure, am curious as to exactly why the world puts up with their bullshit.  They're clearly hostile, have declared fucking war on the US and South Korea (I think, dunno if that was official or not)...WHY are we not down there, right now, kicking Kim Jong-Un's fucking teeth in with tanks?  The little pissant's got it coming.
Quote from: Bra'tac
Life for the sake of life means nothing.

Offline ironbite

• Overlord of all that is good in Iacon City
  • Kakarot
  • Stuck in the middle with you.
« Reply #4 on: May 19, 2013, 04:04:24 am »
Because it's not worth it.  China's still a backer of North Korea and won't let it fall alone.  We go in, China will call in it's debts and we'll be up shit's creek without a paddle.  Nobody considers this idiot anything more then that.  A fool.

Ironbite-and a fool like this will end up with a bullet between his beady eyes sooner rather then later.

Offline Askold

• Definitely not hiding a dark secret.
  • Global Moderator
  • The Beast
« Reply #5 on: May 19, 2013, 04:19:50 am »
Because it's not worth it.  China's still a backer of North Korea and won't let it fall alone.  We go in, China will call in it's debts and we'll be up shit's creek without a paddle.  Nobody considers this idiot anything more then that.  A fool.

Ironbite-and a fool like this will end up with a bullet between his beady eyes sooner rather then later.
Years ago China might have gone all out to defend NK, but now I'm not so sure.

Besides even though it might be in their interests to defend NK from being attacked I'm not so sure they are willing to risk lives if NK is the one that starts the war. You can talk about NK as a buffer zone and solidarity between communist states all you want but I don't think even China would want history books talking about how they defended the murderous regime of NK if it nuked their neighbours without provocation and let's face it... NK is the only one who really does any warmongering in that region.

(Well apart from China and Japan arguing over some islands and other minor stuff.)
No matter what happens, no matter what my last words may end up being, I want everyone to claim that they were:
"If you strike me down, I shall become more powerful than you could possibly imagine."
Aww, you guys rock. :)  I feel the love... and the pitchforks and torches.  Tingly!

Offline RavynousHunter

• Master Thief
  • The Beast
  • A man of no consequence.
    • My Twitter
« Reply #6 on: May 19, 2013, 04:39:21 am »
That and the whole Rape of Nanking thing...think that's still a sore spot between Japan and China.

It really comes down to which China values more: a "buffer" between democratic territories and itself, or the incredibly lucrative business deals it has with the West.  An open door allows traffic both ways, and they depend on us as much as we depend on them, that's what cooperation's all about.  Honestly, if North Korea starts serious shit, I could actually see China going in there itself and busting heads since North Korea's kind of in its own back yard, and if a kid starts trying to set the neighbor's house on fire, you're gonna want to go over there and beat his ass before he does any more damage.
Quote from: Bra'tac
Life for the sake of life means nothing.

Offline Lt. Fred

• The Beast
  • I see what you were trying to do there
« Reply #7 on: May 19, 2013, 07:49:01 am »
We go in, China will call in it's debts

Debt... doesn't work like that. At all.
Ultimate Paragon admits to fabricating a hit piece on Politico.

http://fqa.digibase.ca/index.php?topic=6936.0

The party's name is the Democratic Party. It has been since 1830. Please spell correctly.

"The party must go wholly one way or wholly the other. It cannot face in both directions at the same time."
-FDR

Offline Barbarella

• The Beast
  • A Little REY of Sunshine!
« Reply #8 on: May 19, 2013, 09:26:26 am »
I, like Askold I'm sure, am curious as to exactly why the world puts up with their bullshit.  They're clearly hostile, have declared fucking war on the US and South Korea (I think, dunno if that was official or not)...WHY are we not down there, right now, kicking Kim Jong-Un's fucking teeth in with tanks?  The little pissant's got it coming.

Because warfare isn't something that should be done will-nilly. It should be a very last resort in the instance of a legitimate threat. Look at how Iraq & Afghanistan turned out.

Offline Dynamic Dragon

• The Beast
  • Punisher of the Guilty
« Reply #9 on: May 19, 2013, 10:24:40 am »
I say we bomb a North Korean military base in response.  We're technically at war with them, so we should act like it.
Learn from the past, live in the present, prepare for the future.

Offline Old Viking

• The Beast
  • Occasionally peevish
« Reply #10 on: May 19, 2013, 04:15:00 pm »
Relax, folks. The Sea of Japan was what they were aiming at.
I am an old man, and I've seen many problems, most of which never happened.

Offline Ironchew

• Official Edgelord
  • The Beast
  • The calm, intellectual Trotsky-like Trotskyist
« Reply #11 on: May 19, 2013, 06:27:10 pm »
The fuck are all the warmongers doing in here?

Invading Korea again would be worse than the mess we started in Iraq.
Consumption is not a politically combative act — refraining from consumption even less so.

Offline Cerim Treascair

• My Love Is Lunar
  • The Beast
  • Get me my arbalest... explosive bolts, please.
« Reply #12 on: May 19, 2013, 08:40:04 pm »
Oi, chew? Kindly fuck off.  I don't like NK's bullshit because the last thing we NEED is another war.  That being said, if they do pull something stupid, I'm right there with everybody else gleefully wanting to glass them.
There is light and darkness in the world, to be sure.  However, there's no harm to be had in walking in the shade or shadows.

Formerly Priestling

"I don't give a fuck about race...I'm white, I'm American, but that shit don't matter.  I'm human."

Offline MadCatTLX

• The Beast
« Reply #13 on: May 19, 2013, 08:51:44 pm »
I think North Korea is a place that could be legitimately invaded just on the grounds of human rights. There was a survivor who escaped recently that told stories of and drew pictures of a prison camp that makes Auschwitz look like a five star hotel. To put it in perspective, escapees descriptions of regular life outside the prison camps is comparable to a concentration camp.
History is full of maniacs, my friend, men and women of intelect, highly perceptive individuals, who's brilliant minds know neither restraint nor taboo. Such notions are the devils we must slay for the edification of pony-kind. Even if said edification means violating the rules of decency, society, and rightousness itself.
                                                                                                                                                             -Twilight Sparkle, MAGIC.mov

Offline Ironchew

• Official Edgelord
  • The Beast
  • The calm, intellectual Trotsky-like Trotskyist
« Reply #14 on: May 19, 2013, 09:03:30 pm »
I think North Korea is a place that could be legitimately invaded just on the grounds of human rights. There was a survivor who escaped recently that told stories of and drew pictures of a prison camp that makes Auschwitz look like a five star hotel. To put it in perspective, escapees descriptions of regular life outside the prison camps is comparable to a concentration camp.

The only thing worse than a concentration camp is a war zone. I am under no illusions that a war will make the lives of North Koreans better, and there are so many ways it could make their lives worse.
Consumption is not a politically combative act — refraining from consumption even less so.