Author Topic: Warhammer is getting kids/young fiction  (Read 1454 times)

Offline Askold

• Definitely not hiding a dark secret.
  • Global Moderator
  • The Beast
Warhammer is getting kids/young fiction
« on: May 22, 2018, 03:41:10 pm »
https://warhammeradventures.com/

Its a cash grab but amusing and the screams from grognards are enough to make it worth it on its own.

(There's been plenty of both good and bad Warhammer fiction and I can't tell which this one is.)
No matter what happens, no matter what my last words may end up being, I want everyone to claim that they were:
"If you strike me down, I shall become more powerful than you could possibly imagine."
Aww, you guys rock. :)  I feel the love... and the pitchforks and torches.  Tingly!

Offline Svata

• Doesn't even fucking know anymore
  • The Beast
  • No, seriously, fuck astrology.
Re: Warhammer is getting kids/young fiction
« Reply #1 on: May 22, 2018, 04:21:37 pm »
I'm.. a little concerned about marketing 40k to kids. It's, uh, kinda awful and maybe not exactly age-appropriate
"Politician" is the occupational equivalent of "Florida".

Art Vandelay

« Reply #2 on: May 22, 2018, 07:13:11 pm »
Meh. Kids have far less trouble telling the difference between fiction and reality than most seem to think. That's assuming this'll be as voilent as the adult stuff in the first place, which it almost certainly won't.

Offline niam2023

• The Beast
  • The Forum Chad
« Reply #3 on: May 22, 2018, 09:04:38 pm »
Well, Abaddon is already a Saturday Morning Cartoon Villain.

Might as well make it official.

STRIKE TEAM: ALPHA

Five Space Marines from across the Chapters are gathered together to stop the insidious plans of Ezekyle Abaddon and his Daemonic minions!
Living Life, Lifting, Waiting for Summer

Offline RavynousHunter

• Master Thief
  • The Beast
  • A man of no consequence.
    • My Twitter
« Reply #4 on: May 22, 2018, 09:28:17 pm »
Shit, when I was their age, I was stopping evil interdimensional conquerors from gaining a foothold, learning about morality...and likely committing several war crimes.  Not necessarily in the same games, mind.
Quote from: Bra'tac
Life for the sake of life means nothing.

Offline Askold

• Global Moderator
  • The Beast
« Reply #5 on: May 23, 2018, 01:03:43 am »
I was younger than 12 when we got Heroquest and that was my first encounter with Warhammer. In fact I wasn't 12 when I first played Space crusade either.
No matter what happens, no matter what my last words may end up being, I want everyone to claim that they were:
"If you strike me down, I shall become more powerful than you could possibly imagine."
Aww, you guys rock. :)  I feel the love... and the pitchforks and torches.  Tingly!

Offline Cloud3514

• The Beast
  • 404: Personal text not found.
« Reply #6 on: May 23, 2018, 02:22:18 am »
I think this is a terrible idea. I also think this is a HILARIOUS idea. Warhammer is explicitly not family friendly and this comes off as an April Fool's joke. The fact that it's real just makes it even funnier.
Who needs a signature?

Offline RavynousHunter

• Master Thief
  • The Beast
    • My Twitter
« Reply #7 on: May 23, 2018, 06:53:53 am »
I adore this idea, if only because I am vehemently for anything that drives the "won't someone think of the chiwwdwen" crowd up a fucking wall.  If those stupid pieces of shit think Warhammer is going to corrupt their precious fuck trophies, then they haven't been in an American public school since the 60s.  When you hear a 10 year-old tell another child to, and I'm quoting here, "get that cum off yo lip," you realize that innocence, much like god, is dead.

Offline Askold

• Global Moderator
  • The Beast
« Reply #8 on: May 23, 2018, 07:07:16 am »
Nah, the folks who are upset about this are the ones who are crying that now the SJWs are going to ruin the franchise and that any "kids friendly" fiction about the SERIOUS and ADULT Warhammer setting is heresy and a crime against them personally.

Offline RavynousHunter

• Master Thief
  • The Beast
    • My Twitter
« Reply #9 on: May 23, 2018, 09:27:19 am »
Aah, yes.  The old "HARDCWAR GAYMAR" crowd.  I forgot about their mindless screeching.