Author Topic: Thread Killer  (Read 751055 times)

Offline Sigmaleph

• Ungodlike
  • Administrator
  • The Beast
    • sigmaleph on tumblr
Re: Thread Killer
« Reply #2520 on: May 22, 2015, 09:23:18 am »
This is almost spookily accurate.

True Neutral

you're just doing your goddamn thing

(Picture of black cat in sweater)

You're not problematic in a way that attracts criticism/attention or a pure beacon of social justice activism. Nor are you living for the aesthetic or shitposting your way to the fast lane of eternal damnation. You just have a blog on Tumblr.com and would really like to keep using it in peace. When you like A Thing, you reblog it.

You would very much like to avoid anononymous death threats from either end of the political spectrum, so you tend to stay moderate or post nothing political at all. You only signed up for this godforsaken website because you wanted to see more videos of cute animals, and now you are trapped in a polarized blue hellscape that changes it's fckng layout every godDAmn week....You would leave but you have no idea how you spent your time on the internet before you flushed your life down the toilet like this.

You are a survivor. I salute you. Now get back to those pictures of cats in sweaters.
Your Analysis (Vertical line = Average)

High five!
Σא

Offline SpaceProg

• What you read is what you get.
  • The Beast
  • Nocturnal
« Reply #2521 on: May 23, 2015, 01:35:47 pm »
^ *High fives*  w00t!  Go cats in sweaters!

Offline Askold

• Definitely not hiding a dark secret.
  • Global Moderator
  • The Beast
« Reply #2522 on: May 23, 2015, 02:56:24 pm »
Well, I don't have a blog or Tumblr but I answered based on how I act on Facebook and got True Neutral. Which seems to be what the popular kids do in these parts.
No matter what happens, no matter what my last words may end up being, I want everyone to claim that they were:
"If you strike me down, I shall become more powerful than you could possibly imagine."
Aww, you guys rock. :)  I feel the love... and the pitchforks and torches.  Tingly!

Offline Ultimate Paragon

• The Beast
  • Tougher than diamonds, stronger than steel
« Reply #2523 on: May 27, 2015, 06:22:04 pm »
You know, I wish the Rock and Roll Hall of Fame had more inductees from outside the Anglosphere.

Offline Askold

• Global Moderator
  • The Beast
« Reply #2524 on: July 09, 2015, 09:13:37 am »
Completely random question: If a player in baseball can throw the ball 97 miles per hour is that good? Because some baseball scout guy came to Finland to see pesäpallo (A Finnish game based on baseball with similar but not identical ruleset.) and apparently he was kinda surprised at the results.

The video is mostly in Finnish but the Yankee does speak english. Finnish players are suspecting that the guy is bullshitting about their results being anything special, but they did get some media attention afterwards.
<a href="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8eX31w41fx8" target="_blank">http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8eX31w41fx8</a>
No matter what happens, no matter what my last words may end up being, I want everyone to claim that they were:
"If you strike me down, I shall become more powerful than you could possibly imagine."
Aww, you guys rock. :)  I feel the love... and the pitchforks and torches.  Tingly!

Offline Sleepy

• Fuck Yes Sunshine In a Bag
  • The Beast
  • Danger zone
« Reply #2525 on: July 09, 2015, 12:54:40 pm »
97 mph is pretty impressive for a pitcher. Granted, a lot of those in the major league throw in the 80's and 90's, so he'd have to possess additional skills to be well-rounded for the position.
Guys, this is getting creepy. Can we talk about cannibalism instead?

If a clown eats salmon on Tuesday, how much does a triangle weigh on Jupiter? Ask Mr. Wiggins for 10% off of your next dry cleaning bill. -Hades

Offline Veras

• The Beast
  • I aim to misbehave
« Reply #2526 on: July 10, 2015, 08:56:23 pm »
This entire article is awesome:  http://www.indystar.com/story/life/2015/07/10/indiana-nudists-moment/29930249/

The title:  In Indiana, the Nudists Have their Day in the Sun

Here are my two favorite paragraphs:

Indiana has six nudist camps that are members of the AANR. They are the more wholesome clubs (the Ponderosa is not part of the AANR). AANR clubs, like Fern Hills, look like typical campgrounds with swimming pools, volleyball and shuffleboard courts, RV hookups and so on. But the campers aren’t wearing clothes.

Volleyball has long been associated with nudism, and it continues to be a popular past time at nudist resorts, said Jawn Bauer, a Bloomington attorney and one of the 300 members of Fern Hills Club. Pickleball, a new game that’s sort of a miniature version of tennis, is catching on among nudists (as it is among other people).
RIP Tony Benn (1925 - 2014)

"There is no moral difference between a stealth bomber and a suicide bomber. Both kill innocent people for political reasons."

“If we can find the money to kill people, we can find the money to help people.”

"I'm not frightened about death. I don't know why, but I just feel that at a certain moment your switch is switched off, and that's it. And you can't do anything about it."

Offline rookie

• Miscreant, petty criminal, and all around nice guy
  • The Beast
« Reply #2527 on: July 31, 2015, 12:21:42 pm »
A 97mph fastball is respectable. Actually, anything over 95 puts it in the not bad catagory. What else he has in his bag of tricks will make a difference. Like a curve, slider. How accurate he is is another variable. If he can paint the corners at 97 mph that will help.
The short answer is his fastball was enough to get a scout on the plane.
The difference between 0 and 1 is infinite. The difference between 1 and a million is a matter of degree. - Zack Johnson

Quote from: davedan board=pg thread=6573 post=218058 time=1286247542
I'll stop eating beef lamb and pork the same day they start letting me eat vegetarians.

Offline Veras

• The Beast
  • I aim to misbehave
« Reply #2528 on: August 10, 2015, 12:16:35 am »
I closed a car door on my hip bone yesterday.

I shouldn't have done that.
RIP Tony Benn (1925 - 2014)

"There is no moral difference between a stealth bomber and a suicide bomber. Both kill innocent people for political reasons."

“If we can find the money to kill people, we can find the money to help people.”

"I'm not frightened about death. I don't know why, but I just feel that at a certain moment your switch is switched off, and that's it. And you can't do anything about it."

Offline Ghoti

• slow-burn naive
  • The Beast
  • Assume I'm crashing & burning at any given moment
« Reply #2529 on: August 11, 2015, 04:40:17 pm »
I'm desperately looking for music recs for a playlist I'm making. It's centered on a particular character whose entire character thus far is "surly angry warrior with a secret soft center". Can anyone help?
Long Live The Queen.

Burn fire! Hellfire! Now Anita, its your turn! Choose GamerGate, or your pyre!
Be mine or you will buuurn!!

Offline ironbite

• Overlord of all that is good in Iacon City
  • Kakarot
  • Stuck in the middle with you.
« Reply #2530 on: August 11, 2015, 06:17:56 pm »
Vegeta?

Offline Ghoti

• slow-burn naive
  • The Beast
  • Assume I'm crashing & burning at any given moment
« Reply #2531 on: August 11, 2015, 09:38:33 pm »
Vegeta?
No, a dragon age oc. (If anyone's been wondering where I've been the answer is dragon age fandom hell.)
Long Live The Queen.

Burn fire! Hellfire! Now Anita, its your turn! Choose GamerGate, or your pyre!
Be mine or you will buuurn!!

Offline I am lizard

• The Beast
    • https://www.instagram.com/p/9SIHifrULJ/
« Reply #2532 on: August 12, 2015, 09:36:51 pm »
I hope Bernie can improve his minority polls.

Offline SpaceProg

• What you read is what you get.
  • The Beast
  • Nocturnal
« Reply #2533 on: August 13, 2015, 01:00:50 pm »
I went out to view the awesome awesome light show that was supposed to be the Perseid meteor shower last night/this morning...

I saw 4 little streaks.   

To be honest, though, it was probably because of my neighbor's porch light, and my other neighbor's security light that messed things up.  I should have gone to a field in the middle of nowhere and laid on my back in the grass.

Meh, next year, I suppose.

Offline Askold

• Global Moderator
  • The Beast
« Reply #2534 on: August 14, 2015, 07:23:35 am »
Two days ago I was looking through my bookmarks on Firefox and came across this one:
(click to show/hide)

I was certain that I had saved that one in case I needed to link it to some conversation on the net. I left it open in a tab since I thought I needed it for FQA or Imgur or something but forgot about it. Then I saw it again in the tab and didn't bother closing the tab even though it crossed my path again and again as I go through the tabs.

...It has been waiting for a chance to be useful for two days now.

...Vigilantly keeping an eye in case it is needed.