Author Topic: Not-Good Things People Say on the Internet  (Read 274327 times)

Offline fancy_kitten

• Bishop
  • The fanciest little kitten
Re: Not-Good Things People Say on the Internet
« Reply #585 on: July 15, 2016, 09:09:44 pm »
Agreed. One sin is just as bad as another. I have known women who are living and sleeping with their boyfriends while condemning people who are gay. Ridiculous.

So what, shoplifting and genocide are equally bad then?

As someone who's been down that rabbit hole, you don't want to know.

So when's your trial at the Hague?

Tomorrow, bring your friends.
It's me, the little fancy kitten

Offline dpareja

• The Beast
« Reply #586 on: July 22, 2016, 09:01:55 pm »
On Charles Kinsey's shooting:

All those other shooting phillano alton, well the other side of the story has came out and it shows the initial narratives to be complete and utter bullcrap. No one's arguing that this was in any way shape or form right. Odds are that once the legal investigation finishs it path, the officer involved will be let go. But we have laws for a reason, you and many others in this forum seem to want to forget that.

The short version is that the caretaker in this case was not the one be aimed for, being left to bleed out is hyperbole at best. Very few parts on the leg are serious wounds, and untrained treatment can complicate things tremendously. Based on the latter information he was likely hit by a ricochet rather then a direct shot.
Quote from: Jordan Duram
It doesn't concern you, Sister, that kind of absolutist view of the universe? Right and wrong determined solely by a single all-knowing, all powerful being whose judgment cannot be questioned and in whose name the most horrendous acts can be sanctioned without appeal?

Quote from: Supreme Court of Canada
Being required by someone else’s religious beliefs to behave contrary to one’s sexual identity is degrading and disrespectful.

Even Then

« Reply #587 on: July 23, 2016, 06:30:13 am »
Ah yes, the laws that say it's illegal to have toy trucks or lie down on the street.

Offline RavynousHunter

• Master Thief
  • The Beast
  • A man of no consequence.
    • My Twitter
« Reply #588 on: July 23, 2016, 07:22:22 am »
Hey, for all Officer Shooty McShootface knew, it could've been a toy truck bomb!  You know, the kind those scary mudslime turrists use to take out an entire toy chest!  Or, at least singe the hair of good, godfearin, white dolls.
Quote from: Bra'tac
Life for the sake of life means nothing.

Offline dpareja

• The Beast
« Reply #589 on: July 23, 2016, 04:17:50 pm »
Actually, that was in response to a post I made linking to an article in which one bystander said that he'd approached an officer working crowd control at an incident to tell her that he'd seen with his binoculars that the object in question was a toy truck, not a gun. The officer refused to listen.
It doesn't concern you, Sister, that kind of absolutist view of the universe? Right and wrong determined solely by a single all-knowing, all powerful being whose judgment cannot be questioned and in whose name the most horrendous acts can be sanctioned without appeal?

Being required by someone else’s religious beliefs to behave contrary to one’s sexual identity is degrading and disrespectful.

Offline ironbite

• Overlord of all that is good in Iacon City
  • Kakarot
  • Stuck in the middle with you.
« Reply #590 on: July 23, 2016, 04:34:52 pm »
The caretaker himself was screaming it was a toy truck for everyone to hear.

Ironbite-still got shot.

Offline dpareja

• The Beast
« Reply #591 on: July 23, 2016, 04:47:02 pm »
The caretaker himself was screaming it was a toy truck for everyone to hear.

Ironbite-still got shot.

By accident. The shooter was aiming for the autistic man.

Offline Askold

• Definitely not hiding a dark secret.
  • Global Moderator
  • The Beast
« Reply #592 on: July 24, 2016, 11:27:07 pm »
There is like 63% chance that this person is just a troll. I will not rate it higher because I don't want to believe that someone would spend years typing out crap like this simply because they want to PRETEND being an idiot.

Yesterday I deleted a Lee Child book from my Kindle. It wasnt the first Lee Child book I threw away.

There's nuthin wrong with his writing, his books are interesting.

My problem is romance and amazons. I like when Jack Reacher fucks girls, I don't like when he brings them roses. I don't like five foot nuthin gals who can kick his 6 foot five ass. My 6 foot four daddy wasn't dum enough to mess with my five foot two mammy, but she knew better than to mess with him. The first time one of my sisters sunk her claws into me I cut her claws off. Homey don't play that game, bitch. I don't do flowers. My wife's birthday is coming up, she gets a fist fulla fifties and dinner wherever she wants. But no flowers. And I don't wanna read about sentimental numnutz who kiss girlie ass. I stipulate I invented misogynist asshole. Guilty as charged.

So what turns you off in a story?
No matter what happens, no matter what my last words may end up being, I want everyone to claim that they were:
"If you strike me down, I shall become more powerful than you could possibly imagine."
Aww, you guys rock. :)  I feel the love... and the pitchforks and torches.  Tingly!

Offline ironbite

• Kakarot
« Reply #593 on: July 25, 2016, 03:54:13 pm »
What....the fuck?

Offline Askold

• Definitely not hiding a dark secret.
  • Global Moderator
  • The Beast
« Reply #594 on: July 26, 2016, 09:30:14 am »
What....the fuck?
If this was about the quote I posted here's a few more words of "wisdom" from the same bloke:

Lets all take the Jim Johnson BULLSHIT TEST.

True or False

1. If I wake up tomorrow black as coal it aint no problem.

2.If I wake up tomorrow queer as Bruce Jenner it aint a problem.

3. If I wake up tomorrow a cunt it aint a problem.

Not me! LC can have my queer and girl lives.

As a larval psychologist I was trained by a gang of perfessers who demanded brutal honesty and plain speaking. At the end my public evaluation by these people was worse than anything you poor babies experience. To condense it, they said I passed but they sure hoped I was never their therapist. Bob got the worst of it. Bob passed all the coursework and none of the clinical requirements. He simply couldn't get on the same page with anyone, if you cried because your dog died, Bob didn't get it. The perfessers were merciless, and he didn't graduate. One perfesser said, I COULDNT LIVE WITH MYSELF IF I TURNED YOU LOOSE ON THE PUBLIC. It was painful to hear because they pulled no punches. Bob sued and lost.

The attitude of the department was GET OVER IT OR GET OUT. The goal was for you to grow a hard shell before going out into the world. Snowflakes not wanted. My first job had trouble with me telling staff and management to go fuck themselves. But the language is common at many places. The best supervisors I had spoke it fluently. GO FUCK YOURSELF should be an affirmation you tape to your refrigerator and see every morning. Start your day with LC, GO FUCK YOURSELF.

THATS SHIT covers most of the shoddy wares posted at LIT. WORD SALAD covers all of your poetry. In fact, I changed your account name to WITHOUT RHYME OR REASON. Bulls-eye.

(He claims to have worked at a mental ward or something. Previously I thought that he had been a nurse since he brags about beating up female patients.)
No matter what happens, no matter what my last words may end up being, I want everyone to claim that they were:
"If you strike me down, I shall become more powerful than you could possibly imagine."
Aww, you guys rock. :)  I feel the love... and the pitchforks and torches.  Tingly!

Offline ironbite

• Kakarot
« Reply #595 on: July 26, 2016, 03:34:10 pm »
Pretty sure he lives in said mental ward.

Offline dpareja

• The Beast

Art Vandelay

« Reply #597 on: July 26, 2016, 05:37:18 pm »
They make a good point, actually. America's biggest oil supplier are indeed a bunch of oppresive, totalitarian Islamic fundamentalist loons, and therefore buying elsewhere whenever possible should be very strongly encouraged.

Offline dpareja

• The Beast
« Reply #598 on: July 26, 2016, 05:57:04 pm »
They make a good point, actually. America's biggest oil supplier are indeed a bunch of oppresive, totalitarian Islamic fundamentalist loons, and therefore buying elsewhere whenever possible should be very strongly encouraged.

...yes, but they could have made their point in a way that wouldn't have ticked people off the way that ad did.

Art Vandelay

« Reply #599 on: July 26, 2016, 06:07:54 pm »
People get butthurt over it, that's their problem.