Author Topic: The crazy stuff people say on the net  (Read 70218 times)

Offline niam2023

• The Beast
  • The Forum Chad
Re: The crazy stuff people say on the net
« Reply #150 on: August 24, 2017, 02:00:36 am »
What a deluded fool.

The true masterminds are obviously...ESKIMO!!!
Living Life, Lifting, Waiting for Summer

Offline dpareja

• The Beast
« Reply #151 on: August 24, 2017, 02:26:10 am »
What a deluded fool.

The true masterminds are obviously...ESKIMO!!!

The most sinister part of their master plan is how they've convinced you to call them "Eskimos" and not "Inuit."
Quote from: Jordan Duram
It doesn't concern you, Sister, that kind of absolutist view of the universe? Right and wrong determined solely by a single all-knowing, all powerful being whose judgment cannot be questioned and in whose name the most horrendous acts can be sanctioned without appeal?

Quote from: Supreme Court of Canada
Being required by someone else’s religious beliefs to behave contrary to one’s sexual identity is degrading and disrespectful.

Offline niam2023

• The Beast
  • The Forum Chad
« Reply #152 on: August 24, 2017, 02:29:28 am »
When their actual name is In-u-it, which translates from Ancient Globalist to "Architecturist of Painted Grapefruit".

Which means absolutely nothing coherent, which just makes the mystery deeper!
Living Life, Lifting, Waiting for Summer

Offline dpareja

• The Beast
« Reply #153 on: September 08, 2017, 02:54:48 am »
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fkCUeBALvIg

Lawrence Krauss "debates" Hamza Tzortzis.

I'm determined to listen to the full two-plus hours, but how far can you get?
It doesn't concern you, Sister, that kind of absolutist view of the universe? Right and wrong determined solely by a single all-knowing, all powerful being whose judgment cannot be questioned and in whose name the most horrendous acts can be sanctioned without appeal?

Being required by someone else’s religious beliefs to behave contrary to one’s sexual identity is degrading and disrespectful.

Offline Kanzenkankaku

• The Beast
  • Dreamer/Lightner
    • Mastadon Account
« Reply #154 on: September 09, 2017, 03:40:30 am »
Limbaugh is saying that Irma is a conspiracy to make global warming look real and make people go shopping.

http://www.independent.co.uk/news/world/americas/irma-hurricane-rush-limbaugh-climate-change-conspiracy-sell-batteries-radio-latest-news-a7932976.html

Offline Svata

• Doesn't even fucking know anymore
  • The Beast
  • No, seriously, fuck astrology.
« Reply #155 on: September 09, 2017, 03:45:56 am »
And he's quietly evacuated, btw.
"Politician" is the occupational equivalent of "Florida".

Offline RavynousHunter

• Master Thief
  • The Beast
  • A man of no consequence.
    • My Twitter
« Reply #156 on: September 09, 2017, 11:33:17 am »
A conspiracy by fucking whom?  The Legion of Doom?  Lex Luthor?  Magneto?  The super mutants?
Quote from: Bra'tac
Life for the sake of life means nothing.

Offline ironbite

• Overlord of all that is good in Iacon City
  • Kakarot
  • Stuck in the middle with you.
« Reply #157 on: September 09, 2017, 03:19:42 pm »
Al Gore and the Super Liberals.

Offline dpareja

• The Beast
« Reply #158 on: October 09, 2017, 01:32:59 am »
https://jyx.jyu.fi/dspace/bitstream/handle/123456789/37792/URN%3ANBN%3Afi%3Ajyu-201205081627.pdf?sequence=1

A Finnish university student wrote his bachelor's thesis on "pwnage" videos.

Offline SCarpelan

• The Beast
« Reply #159 on: October 09, 2017, 02:49:03 am »
Hey, my Uni. (Before my depression forced me to drop out.) It's also "her" bachelor's thesis and is far from crazy. It is a linguistics thesis to her English language studies and the "pnage" video is studied as an example of computer mediated communication.

The above examples of identity analysis of online material are all based on written texts, which indicates that the Internet has conventionally been first and foremost a written medium. However, as mentioned before, the rapid advancements in technology have made it possible for the rise of multimodal content online, such as videos. Video blogs in particular have not received extensive scholarly attention, yet, possibly due to how new and marginalized the phenomenon has been thus far. In addition, observation of close analysis of multimodal material requires transcription of the material, which, particularly with large quantities of data, is time consuming. The study presented in this paper is thus a small step in the linguistic analysis of video blogs.

Offline Askold

• Definitely not hiding a dark secret.
  • Global Moderator
  • The Beast
« Reply #160 on: October 09, 2017, 03:00:58 am »
So many Thesises are made that not all of them can be about things of great scientific significance. Besides, they are a supposed to show of the skill of the person making them and rather than the topic you are supposed to look at how well the study has been made. The scientific advancement is a secondary bonus.
No matter what happens, no matter what my last words may end up being, I want everyone to claim that they were:
"If you strike me down, I shall become more powerful than you could possibly imagine."
Aww, you guys rock. :)  I feel the love... and the pitchforks and torches.  Tingly!

Offline dpareja

• The Beast
« Reply #161 on: October 09, 2017, 03:06:00 am »
Ah, her. Sorry.

And I just thought it was hilarious that pwnage videos were the subject of a graduating thesis, not that the content itself was crazy.

Offline SCarpelan

• The Beast
« Reply #162 on: October 09, 2017, 03:14:33 am »
Well, in the Finnish system a bachelor's degree is not seen as a graduating step and it's pretty much worthless in the job market other than as a complementing aspect of your skills. It's just practicing for your master's thesis that might expand on the same subject or take altogether new one.

Offline dpareja

• The Beast
« Reply #163 on: October 09, 2017, 03:19:28 am »
Well, in the Finnish system a bachelor's degree is not seen as a graduating step and it's pretty much worthless in the job market other than as a complementing aspect of your skills. It's just practicing for your master's thesis that might expand on the same subject or take altogether new one.

Fair enough.

Offline Askold

• Definitely not hiding a dark secret.
  • Global Moderator
  • The Beast
« Reply #164 on: October 09, 2017, 04:00:11 am »
Except for people like me who graduatet from an university (ammattikorkeakoulu in Finnish) instead of university (yliopisto in Finnish) and therefore only get a bachelors degree before graduating.

I do agree that mine was apparently worthless but I suspect it may be that it's just that I am worthless and that's why I've never gotten a job that matches my degree.
No matter what happens, no matter what my last words may end up being, I want everyone to claim that they were:
"If you strike me down, I shall become more powerful than you could possibly imagine."
Aww, you guys rock. :)  I feel the love... and the pitchforks and torches.  Tingly!