Author Topic: Mr. Trump Goes to Washington  (Read 386976 times)

Offline Id82

• The Beast
Re: Mr. Trump Goes to Washington
« Reply #3135 on: October 25, 2019, 05:12:17 pm »
Tulsi is just chasing a show on Fox news. "This evening with Tulsi" most likely.
G.O.P
a  b r
s  s o
l   t   j
i   r  e
g  u c
h  c  t
t   t

Offline DarkPhoenix

• Bishop
« Reply #3136 on: October 25, 2019, 06:38:35 pm »
http://www.thegreenpapers.com/G19/HI#H02

According to The Green Papers, Rep. Gabbard will not run for re-election to the House and is instead focusing on being elected President.

Yep.  And there are whispers around Washington that she's asking Wall Street about backing for a third party run... But she doesn't want it getting out yet.

So I think a bunch of very loud whiners owe Hilary Clinton YET another apology.  Not that she'll ever get it.

Offline dpareja

• The Beast
« Reply #3137 on: October 25, 2019, 08:05:49 pm »

According to The Green Papers, Rep. Gabbard will not run for re-election to the House and is instead focusing on being elected President.

Yep.  And there are whispers around Washington that she's asking Wall Street about backing for a third party run... But she doesn't want it getting out yet.

So I think a bunch of very loud whiners owe Hilary Clinton YET another apology.  Not that she'll ever get it.

Except that Sec. Clinton's claim, as I recall, was a little more specific than just "someone will make a third-party run"; she specifically mentioned Russia in connection with said third-party run, and that's yet to be seen.
Quote from: Jordan Duram
It doesn't concern you, Sister, that kind of absolutist view of the universe? Right and wrong determined solely by a single all-knowing, all powerful being whose judgment cannot be questioned and in whose name the most horrendous acts can be sanctioned without appeal?

Quote from: Supreme Court of Canada
Being required by someone else’s religious beliefs to behave contrary to one’s sexual identity is degrading and disrespectful.

Offline Kanzenkankaku

• The Beast
  • Dreamer/Lightner
    • Mastadon Account
« Reply #3138 on: October 25, 2019, 08:13:27 pm »

Except that Sec. Clinton's claim, as I recall, was a little more specific than just "someone will make a third-party run"; she specifically mentioned Russia in connection with said third-party run, and that's yet to be seen.

AND she kept it super vague so that if any woman does make a third party run then that could be "the prediction" and "Hillary was right". I'm still not forgiving her for how poorly she handled 2016, and her fans are included in that too because they handled it even worse.

Offline Vanto

• Bishop
« Reply #3139 on: October 28, 2019, 10:11:39 am »
Baseball fans greeted Trump with boos and chants of "lock him up!" when he attended Game 5 of the World Series.

https://eu.usatoday.com/story/sports/mlb/playoffs/2019/10/27/donald-trump-world-series-nationals-park/2481826001/

That's gotta sting his ego. He's not used to being shown the people who dislike him. I like to imagine a staffer being like Smithers and trying to convince him the booing was intended as praise and the "lock him up!" chants were actually about Biden or Schiff.

"No, Mr. President, that was meant to show they're happy. In the DC area, booing is a compliment in certain contexts! And they were telling you to lock up the traitors!"
Stop the timeline, I wanna get off.

Offline Id82

• The Beast
« Reply #3140 on: October 28, 2019, 07:27:59 pm »
I'm pretty sure that's exactly how Trump interpreted the Lock him up chants.
G.O.P
a  b r
s  s o
l   t   j
i   r  e
g  u c
h  c  t
t   t

Offline ironbite

• Overlord of all that is good in Iacon City
  • Kakarot
  • Stuck in the middle with you.
« Reply #3141 on: October 29, 2019, 04:14:26 pm »
Not really.  Saw some tweets of the game, he knew what they were chanting.

Ironbite-he absolutely knew he needed to get the fuck out of there.

Offline Id82

• The Beast
« Reply #3142 on: October 29, 2019, 04:33:59 pm »
Yeah now well see Trump show up at Alabama Crimson Tide football games just to get people to cheer him on.
G.O.P
a  b r
s  s o
l   t   j
i   r  e
g  u c
h  c  t
t   t

Offline Kanzenkankaku

• The Beast
  • Dreamer/Lightner
    • Mastadon Account
« Reply #3143 on: October 31, 2019, 12:37:22 am »
The boos never happened, they were added digitally by the deep state!
https://www.reddit.com/r/Qult_Headquarters/comments/dp16ug/qultist_claims_trump_being_booed_was_digitally/

(I wish I was just joking)

Offline Askold

• Definitely not hiding a dark secret.
  • Global Moderator
  • The Beast
« Reply #3144 on: October 31, 2019, 02:19:01 am »
At the same time, because some Democrat put up a tweet where he said that he paid for tickets to war veterans who brought an anti-Trump banner to the game, they are also saying that the boos absolutely happened but that it was done by paid actors in a super secret Democrat plot to make people think that Trump is not well liked.
No matter what happens, no matter what my last words may end up being, I want everyone to claim that they were:
"If you strike me down, I shall become more powerful than you could possibly imagine."
Aww, you guys rock. :)  I feel the love... and the pitchforks and torches.  Tingly!

Offline dpareja

• The Beast
« Reply #3145 on: October 31, 2019, 02:23:27 am »
Ultimately, it comes down to these people buying the same lie Trump does: that the cheering crowds at his rallies are just average people and not a carefully curated collection of racists and xenophobes.
It doesn't concern you, Sister, that kind of absolutist view of the universe? Right and wrong determined solely by a single all-knowing, all powerful being whose judgment cannot be questioned and in whose name the most horrendous acts can be sanctioned without appeal?

Being required by someone else’s religious beliefs to behave contrary to one’s sexual identity is degrading and disrespectful.

Offline Id82

• The Beast
« Reply #3146 on: November 06, 2019, 07:51:44 am »
So the 2019 election just happened yesterday, and while it was nothing major. The Democrats won control of the Virginia Senate for the first time in two decades and won the governorship in Kentucky one of the saddest states in the country. They lost the governorship in Mississippi but it was closer than usual. Its left Republicans with a lot to explain. Could this be a sign of the momentum of the election next year?
G.O.P
a  b r
s  s o
l   t   j
i   r  e
g  u c
h  c  t
t   t

Offline niam2023

• The Beast
  • The Forum Chad
« Reply #3147 on: November 06, 2019, 07:51:15 pm »
Lots of people are calling this the wake up call in terms of a referendum on Trump and his Republicanism.

Like I saw on rightwingwatch that a lot of the usual suspects were going absolutely ballistic about Virginia, and it ended up being a summary defeat. Mississippi was a loss, but it was a closer loss than we'd get otherwise. The people have seen what Trump really is, and they ain't happy.
Living Life, Lifting, Waiting for Summer

Offline dpareja

• The Beast
« Reply #3148 on: November 06, 2019, 08:50:21 pm »
So the 2019 election just happened yesterday, and while it was nothing major. The Democrats won control of the Virginia Senate for the first time in two decades and won the governorship in Kentucky one of the saddest states in the country. They lost the governorship in Mississippi but it was closer than usual. Its left Republicans with a lot to explain. Could this be a sign of the momentum of the election next year?

The Democrats didn't have Mississippi in the first place. Louisiana might flip Republican in the runoff.

Flipping the Virginia Legislature was a big win, though.

EDIT: Also, worth noting, Bevin hasn't conceded in Kentucky and has requested a recount--as he should, considering how close his election was and that all the other downballot statewide races were won comfortably by the Republican candidate.
« Last Edit: November 07, 2019, 03:20:41 am by dpareja »

Offline DarkPhoenix

• Bishop
« Reply #3149 on: November 13, 2019, 02:23:13 pm »

The Democrats didn't have Mississippi in the first place. Louisiana might flip Republican in the runoff.

Flipping the Virginia Legislature was a big win, though.

EDIT: Also, worth noting, Bevin hasn't conceded in Kentucky and has requested a recount--as he should, considering how close his election was and that all the other downballot statewide races were won comfortably by the Republican candidate.

There should be a bit of concern about Bevin refusing to concede in Kentucky; as both Matt AND the Republicans in the Kentucky Congress know, the Constitution of Kentucky states that if there is any major doubt about the election results, the result of the election falls to a vote in both sections of Congress.  And Republicans have super majorities in both.  They've floated the idea of trying this a few times in the past week, and quite frankly I wouldn't put it past them to try it.  Bevin just has to some up with something plausible-sounding, contest the election, and then the Republicans can declare him the winner of the election.