Author Topic: Interest in a Europa Universalis 3 MP Game  (Read 7978 times)

Art Vandelay

Re: Interest in a Europa Universalis 3 MP Game
« Reply #15 on: December 08, 2012, 06:22:34 am »
I don't suppose you guys could record your game and post it on Youtube or something? I can't play myself on account of a crappy computer and no idea how to play, but I'd love to see how it pans out.

Offline Meshakhad

• The Beast
  • The Night Is Dark And Full Of Terrors... Like Me
« Reply #16 on: December 08, 2012, 07:00:38 am »
I'd be open to this as well. I tend to be mostly available late at night (after 9pm, 7:30 on weekends) Pacific time, so this should work out fine as far as that goes. I'd even be open to converting to Victoria 2 if the game goes well and I have the time needed to do that when we're done.

While I'm fine with that, I forsee problems with Material Defender. He's on CST, remember. And converting to Victoria 2 would be awesome.

I'll have to check for smaller nations I'd want to play. Maybe Tver or Brittany. Would this be Vanilla? I'd suggest a mod like miscmods or (ideally) WAMMO, stuff that doesn't impact MP but does open some new options. Maybe even run the Peace of God or Shattered Europe scenarios. Shattered Europe particularly would be good, lots of minors to choose from there. I'd tentatively suggest we play on Hard difficulty at least to give the AI a chance for the mid/late-game, although starting as smaller nations that might tip the balance a bit too much the other way.

It'll be Vanilla. I don't know mods well enough yet. And my scenario does restrict us to small nations, so I think Normal will be plenty difficult. I'm still something of a novice myself.

I don't suppose you guys could record your game and post it on Youtube or something? I can't play myself on account of a crappy computer and no idea how to play, but I'd love to see how it pans out.

I was thinking we'd do an AAR, with screenshots and text.
G-d's Kingdom Is A Hate-Free Zone

Quote from: Reploid Productions
Pardon the interruption, good sir/lady; there are aspects of your behavior that I find quite unbecoming, and I must insist most strenuously that I be permitted to assist in resolving these behaviors through the repeated high-velocity cranial introduction of particularly firm building materials.

Quote from: Meshakhad
GIVE ME KNOWLEDGE OR I WILL PUT A CAP IN YO ASS!

Art Vandelay

« Reply #17 on: December 08, 2012, 07:25:24 am »
Even better, assuming it actually gets finished (looking at you, MaybeNever).

Offline Meshakhad

• The Beast
« Reply #18 on: December 08, 2012, 11:15:09 am »
It will happen, if I have anything to say about it. We could do it next Saturday at 7:30 PM PST (9:30 PM CST), but I was hoping for more than just two and a half hours of gameplay. And I leave on vacation the following Thursday.

Right now, I have two confirmed players - Material Defender and myself. If no one else can work something out with us, then it'll be just the two of us.

Pardon the interruption, good sir/lady; there are aspects of your behavior that I find quite unbecoming, and I must insist most strenuously that I be permitted to assist in resolving these behaviors through the repeated high-velocity cranial introduction of particularly firm building materials.

Offline MaybeNever

• Got His Red Wings
  • Pope
  • Possessed of a proclivity for prolixity
« Reply #19 on: December 08, 2012, 02:09:58 pm »
Even better, assuming it actually gets finished (looking at you, MaybeNever).

Hey my AARs don't get finished because mumble mumble mumble.

It will happen, if I have anything to say about it. We could do it next Saturday at 7:30 PM PST (9:30 PM CST), but I was hoping for more than just two and a half hours of gameplay. And I leave on vacation the following Thursday.

Right now, I have two confirmed players - Material Defender and myself. If no one else can work something out with us, then it'll be just the two of us.

Unfortunately my schedule is silly. I'm actually free all day Tuesdays and Wednesdays, but that may not help at all. The week of Christmas I have several days off on and after the 25th as well. I'd love to join, but if it complicates things too much then I'm okay bowing out.
"Great Britain's two most senior military officers added to the uneasiness. [...] Lord Wolseley, Adjutant General, thought that it might be possible for an enemy to invade without waiters and pastrycooks."
-Robert K. Massie, Dreadnought

Offline Meshakhad

• The Beast
« Reply #20 on: December 08, 2012, 02:19:33 pm »
Unfortunately my schedule is silly. I'm actually free all day Tuesdays and Wednesdays, but that may not help at all. The week of Christmas I have several days off on and after the 25th as well. I'd love to join, but if it complicates things too much then I'm okay bowing out.

Why didn't you say so earlier? The OP mentioned that my tentative date for the first session is Wednesday! Problem solved!

I'm putting you down. Until you claim a nation, I'll assume you're playing as the Knights.

Offline MaybeNever

• Got His Red Wings
  • Pope
« Reply #21 on: December 08, 2012, 02:51:48 pm »
I'm putting you down. Until you claim a nation, I'll assume you're playing as the Knights.

Boy, you weren't kidding about putting me down.
"Great Britain's two most senior military officers added to the uneasiness. [...] Lord Wolseley, Adjutant General, thought that it might be possible for an enemy to invade without waiters and pastrycooks."

Offline Material Defender

• Food Scientist in Space
  • The Beast
  • Pilot of the Pyro-GX
« Reply #22 on: December 08, 2012, 04:53:32 pm »
If we were going to go from game to game, I'd prefer to start with Crusader Kings 2 rather than Europa Universallis 3, but hey. That's just me.

Just as a note, I don't want to START later than 12 CST. Going later than 12 AM CST is fine though, or midnight CST. 12 PM CST is noon, additionally.

The only 'mod' I play with is a self made mod where I flip everyone's techs up to 100% for everyone, regardless of actual teching. The interesting note is that I've found that still means usually that Europe gets widely ahead, just not so compeltely ahead it has 100% of an advantage over the other societies. Especially important if you want to play an Eastern or Muslim nation.

Mark me down as Genoa. I was thinking it was 3, not 4, and Genoa starts with 4 and is within the Empire, as opposed to Venice which is not. Though it's foreign territories are much better.
The material needs a defender more than the spiritual. If there is a higher power, it can defend itself from the material. Thus denotes 'higher power'.

"Not to know is bad. Not to want to know is worse. Not to hope is unthinkable. Not to care is unforgivable." -Nigerian Saying

Offline MaybeNever

• Got His Red Wings
  • Pope
« Reply #23 on: December 08, 2012, 05:15:40 pm »
A full grand campaign starting at CK2 would be neat, but CK2 takes a rather beefier computer to run smoothly in multiplayer. That said, I've long wanted to play an MP game as dukes and counts in the HRE, particularly with the faction system in place. Wiz's CK2+ mod is pretty non-optional, though.

I'll again mention the WAMMO mod for EU3, as it has a lot of improvements to the AI (rationalizes its expansion and behavior) and map, and provides a large number of balance tweaks and new decisions and events that in my experience make the game more fun. If we're set on vanilla that's perfectly fine, but WAMMO has been my preferred flavor for some time now. Here is where it can be found, complete with feature list.

• The Beast
  • Pilot of the Pyro-GX
« Reply #24 on: December 08, 2012, 06:45:35 pm »
A full grand campaign starting at CK2 would be neat, but CK2 takes a rather beefier computer to run smoothly in multiplayer. That said, I've long wanted to play an MP game as dukes and counts in the HRE, particularly with the faction system in place. Wiz's CK2+ mod is pretty non-optional, though.

I keep wanting to do that, but yeah, would be more fun if there was a friends with it.
The material needs a defender more than the spiritual. If there is a higher power, it can defend itself from the material. Thus denotes 'higher power'.

"Not to know is bad. Not to want to know is worse. Not to hope is unthinkable. Not to care is unforgivable." -Nigerian Saying

Offline Meshakhad

• The Beast
« Reply #25 on: December 08, 2012, 09:49:38 pm »
If we were going to go from game to game, I'd prefer to start with Crusader Kings 2 rather than Europa Universallis 3, but hey. That's just me.

Just as a note, I don't want to START later than 12 CST. Going later than 12 AM CST is fine though, or midnight CST. 12 PM CST is noon, additionally.

The only 'mod' I play with is a self made mod where I flip everyone's techs up to 100% for everyone, regardless of actual teching. The interesting note is that I've found that still means usually that Europe gets widely ahead, just not so compeltely ahead it has 100% of an advantage over the other societies. Especially important if you want to play an Eastern or Muslim nation.

Mark me down as Genoa. I was thinking it was 3, not 4, and Genoa starts with 4 and is within the Empire, as opposed to Venice which is not. Though it's foreign territories are much better.

Very well. Of course, I may have to destroy you in a trade war.

• The Beast
  • Pilot of the Pyro-GX
« Reply #26 on: December 08, 2012, 09:59:33 pm »

I'm trying to form Italy, you can stay up there in Germany.

Offline MaybeNever

• Got His Red Wings
  • Pope
« Reply #27 on: December 08, 2012, 11:13:06 pm »
After taking a look at the map, I think I'll go with Bavaria, with long-term hopes of forming a state for all Bavarians, opposing centralization of the HRE, and probably absorbing the Habsburg lands and Aquileia. Colonization isn't too likely for me, but I guess we'll see what happens.

Offline Meshakhad

• The Beast
« Reply #28 on: December 08, 2012, 11:52:08 pm »

I'm trying to form Italy, you can stay up there in Germany.

Fuck Germany. I'm moving to the New World.

• The Beast
  • Pilot of the Pyro-GX
« Reply #29 on: December 09, 2012, 11:49:16 am »
But your COT!