Author Topic: Anything Good Happen Today?  (Read 860021 times)

Offline Sleepy

• Fuck Yes Sunshine In a Bag
  • The Beast
  • Danger zone
Re: Anything Good Happen Today?
« Reply #1770 on: March 28, 2013, 11:49:04 am »
Good for you, askold.

I'm rather content because I just filled out a scholarship application that my bank is offering. Apparently they receive very few applications each year, so I think I'm in a fairly good position to get it.
Guys, this is getting creepy. Can we talk about cannibalism instead?

If a clown eats salmon on Tuesday, how much does a triangle weigh on Jupiter? Ask Mr. Wiggins for 10% off of your next dry cleaning bill. -Hades

Offline Her3tiK

• Suffers in Sanity
  • The Beast
  • Learn to Swim
    • HeretiK Productions
« Reply #1771 on: March 28, 2013, 07:25:39 pm »
Picked up my first BTBAM albums today. Didn't like them until I opened for 'em last August, but now they're amazing.

I <3 prog metal.
Her3tik, you have groupies.
Ego: +5

There are a number of ways, though my favourite is simply to take them by surprise. They're just walking down the street, minding their own business when suddenly, WHACK! Penis to the face.

Offline Vypernight

• The Beast
  • Stubborn, pig-headed skeptic
« Reply #1772 on: March 29, 2013, 03:44:41 pm »
More like funny and ironic, but I still thought I'd post it.

Today at work we made pizza for our bakery.  Since it's Good Friday, we made Vegetable Pizza (with mushrooms, olives, peppers, etc.) for the devout believers in our crew (95% of the bakery) and MEAT Piize for us evil heathens (pepperoni, sausage, bacon, LOTS of sauce).  Despite, as I said, 95% of our bakery being pretty devout, and despite it being Good Friday, the Veggie Pizza was barely touched while the Carnivore one got annihilated pretty fast!
Whenever I hear a politician speaking strongly for or against abortion, all I hear is, "I have no idea how to fix the economy!"

Offline Sleepy

• The Beast
  • Danger zone
« Reply #1773 on: March 29, 2013, 08:49:06 pm »
I finally got to meet my cousin and see my uncle who lives in California.

If a clown eats salmon on Tuesday, how much does a triangle weigh on Jupiter? Ask Mr. Wiggins for 10% off of your next dry cleaning bill. -Hades

Offline chitoryu12

• The Beast
  • Tax-Payer Rhino
« Reply #1774 on: April 01, 2013, 03:33:51 pm »
Finally decided to pick up for one of those scam calls I kept getting from 661.

Indian Man: Hello, may I speak to ______ please?

Me: Yes you may.

Indian Man: Well, my name is--

Me: APRIL FOOL's!

*hangs up*
Still can't think of a signature a year later.

Offline chitoryu12

• The Beast
  • Tax-Payer Rhino
« Reply #1775 on: April 02, 2013, 09:15:34 pm »
First TV spots for the show I did are out!

<a href="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oCuL0kMxk28" target="_blank">http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oCuL0kMxk28</a>

In Italian!

Offline Her3tiK

• Suffers in Sanity
  • The Beast
  • Learn to Swim
    • HeretiK Productions
« Reply #1776 on: April 02, 2013, 10:15:22 pm »
Wrote a song in Fmin today. Didn't use an open string once. Still sounds heavy and melodic.

As a metalhead, this feels like quite an accomplishment.
Her3tik, you have groupies.
Ego: +5

There are a number of ways, though my favourite is simply to take them by surprise. They're just walking down the street, minding their own business when suddenly, WHACK! Penis to the face.

Offline Vypernight

• The Beast
  • Stubborn, pig-headed skeptic
« Reply #1777 on: April 03, 2013, 05:17:57 am »
I finally finished my Star Wars fanfiction story (my version of Ep VII).  It's the longest story I've every written, 22 chapters, plus prologue and epilogue.  I just need to finish the proofreading now.
Whenever I hear a politician speaking strongly for or against abortion, all I hear is, "I have no idea how to fix the economy!"

Offline Meshakhad

• The Beast
  • The Night Is Dark And Full Of Terrors... Like Me
« Reply #1778 on: April 03, 2013, 08:42:30 am »
So this quarter, I knew that I would only have to go to school two days a week - Tuesday and Thursday.

Then yesterday, my instructor for Game Design decides that, with only 6 students in the class, we only need to meet once a week. As everyone in my class has identical schedules (we're all Digital Media Arts majors in our final quarter), we voted to meet on Tuesdays, when we also have our one other class.

So this quarter, I only need to show up on campus ONE DAY A WEEK!

Mind you, I also need to get an internship, which is expected to fill up the other four days. But still...
G-d's Kingdom Is A Hate-Free Zone

Quote from: Reploid Productions
Pardon the interruption, good sir/lady; there are aspects of your behavior that I find quite unbecoming, and I must insist most strenuously that I be permitted to assist in resolving these behaviors through the repeated high-velocity cranial introduction of particularly firm building materials.

Quote from: Meshakhad
GIVE ME KNOWLEDGE OR I WILL PUT A CAP IN YO ASS!

Offline Sleepy

• The Beast
  • Danger zone
« Reply #1779 on: April 03, 2013, 10:33:00 am »
So this quarter, I knew that I would only have to go to school two days a week - Tuesday and Thursday.

Then yesterday, my instructor for Game Design decides that, with only 6 students in the class, we only need to meet once a week. As everyone in my class has identical schedules (we're all Digital Media Arts majors in our final quarter), we voted to meet on Tuesdays, when we also have our one other class.

Mind you, I also need to get an internship, which is expected to fill up the other four days. But still...

Man, I envy you. A couple semesters ago, I was thrilled to have Fridays off. Class one or two days a week would be a luxury.

Offline nickiknack

• I Find Your Lack of Ponies... Disturbing
  • The Beast
  • HAS A KINK FOR SPACE NAZIS
« Reply #1780 on: April 03, 2013, 11:07:19 am »
FUCK YEAH!!! I finally got my tax refund.

I finally finished my Star Wars fanfiction story (my version of Ep VII).  It's the longest story I've every written, 22 chapters, plus prologue and epilogue.  I just need to finish the proofreading now.

cool, can't wait to finish reading it, plus that reminds me that I need to work on my three.
« Last Edit: April 03, 2013, 11:10:39 am by Empress Nicki »

Offline chitoryu12

• The Beast
  • Tax-Payer Rhino
« Reply #1781 on: April 03, 2013, 06:10:27 pm »

Man, I envy you. A couple semesters ago, I was thrilled to have Fridays off. Class one or two days a week would be a luxury.

I had 4 days a week back when I was in school. Most of the days were fine, but there was one semester where I had a night English class on Mondays. The problem I had wasn't the relatively small number of classes, but the sheer amount of homework I got deluged with. The first day of Intermediate Algebra (basically the "starter" course for new students) involved less than 30 minutes of discussion on a very complex new sequence that hadn't been covered in high school, followed by dozens of long and complex problems and a book that was horrible at actually explaining how to solve them. That was one class.

One of the biggest reasons I decided to quit school in favor of work after only one year was that I wanted to be able to focus entirely on my job and social life, rather than classes completely unrelated to my career path that took up even more time than the ones for my major.

Offline Sleepy

• The Beast
  • Danger zone
« Reply #1782 on: April 03, 2013, 08:00:19 pm »
My non-major classes were pretty simple, for the most part. The worst one involved writing a 12-page paper, but I still enjoyed the class itself. Now that I'm taking nothing but classes for my major, at least some of the homework is fun.

In math classes, I honestly never did the homework. Very few professors will waste their time grading such a thing, and they just recommend you do it so you don't flunk the tests.

Distind

« Reply #1783 on: April 03, 2013, 08:53:58 pm »
In math classes, I honestly never did the homework. Very few professors will waste their time grading such a thing, and they just recommend you do it so you don't flunk the tests.
Beware this advice if you're in a tech school.

My math professors not only graded the homework, they'd take individual points off for each issue in your answer. I once had one problem cost me half the grade on a homework with 10 problems. I'd gotten a formula wrong in the second stage and managed to work it out to completion anyway. Could have just been the fact he was department head though. Freaking evil from my point of view.

Offline Sleepy

• The Beast
  • Danger zone
« Reply #1784 on: April 03, 2013, 10:27:35 pm »
Beware this advice if you're in a tech school.

My math professors not only graded the homework, they'd take individual points off for each issue in your answer. I once had one problem cost me half the grade on a homework with 10 problems. I'd gotten a formula wrong in the second stage and managed to work it out to completion anyway. Could have just been the fact he was department head though. Freaking evil from my point of view.

That's quite shitty of them. Homework is meant for learning, and students are going to make mistakes which they'll later ask the professor about. It's how the learning process works. If they honestly expect everyone to master the material overnight and convey that perfectly through a crapload of textbook problems, then they're living in a dream world.