Author Topic: Anything Good Happen Today?  (Read 858835 times)

Offline Valerius

• Pope
  • Gentlemen.
Re: Anything Good Happen Today?
« Reply #2385 on: August 18, 2013, 05:07:45 pm »
My new sick gaming rig will run Skyrim maxed at 60 FPS. And don't any of you nerds brag about how yours runs it at 80 FPS and it only cost you $5 and a stick of gum. The human eye can't tell the difference at those levels.

I'm so jealous of you right now. I've been wanting a good gaming PC for a while now, but all I have is a two-year-old laptop that I bought for university.

Offline Sleepy

• Fuck Yes Sunshine In a Bag
  • The Beast
  • Danger zone
« Reply #2386 on: August 18, 2013, 06:46:26 pm »
My new sick gaming rig will run Skyrim maxed at 60 FPS. And don't any of you nerds brag about how yours runs it at 80 FPS and it only cost you $5 and a stick of gum. The human eye can't tell the difference at those levels.

I'm so jealous of you right now. I've been wanting a good gaming PC for a while now, but all I have is a two-year-old laptop that I bought for university.

Wow, my situation is identical. I've had this laptop for two years, and while it'll run things like Sims 3 decently, it dies over things like Alice and won't even begin to run Witcher games. I can't wait to graduate and get a nice gaming PC.
Guys, this is getting creepy. Can we talk about cannibalism instead?

If a clown eats salmon on Tuesday, how much does a triangle weigh on Jupiter? Ask Mr. Wiggins for 10% off of your next dry cleaning bill. -Hades

Offline Valerius

• Pope
  • Gentlemen.
« Reply #2387 on: August 18, 2013, 07:06:28 pm »

Wow, my situation is identical. I've had this laptop for two years, and while it'll run things like Sims 3 decently, it dies over things like Alice and won't even begin to run Witcher games. I can't wait to graduate and get a nice gaming PC.

Yeah, my laptop is pretty much like that. It was quite decent for a laptop two years ago, but it just can't compare to a desktop. I can run TES IV: Oblivion and Mass Effect on it at slightly less quality than on my xbox, but that's about it. I can afford to spend the money and get a gaming PC or build my own, but the reason I don't is that I worry that I'll either spend more time than I should gaming and this'll effect my grades/other academic stuff, or I won't let it affect my academics, but then I won't get to play as much and I'll have wasted my money as gaming progresses and my hypothetical gaming rig slowly grows obsolete.

Offline Clochette

• Bishop
  • spin spin sugar
« Reply #2388 on: August 18, 2013, 10:14:39 pm »

Yeah, same with me. I'm using a laptop I got in 2010 as a high school graduation gift. Laptops don't age well so it's pretty useless for gaming now. The desktop cost me nearly $1000 but it's fucking worth it.

This Oatmeal comic pretty much sums it up.

Art Vandelay

« Reply #2389 on: August 18, 2013, 11:21:21 pm »

Yeah, my laptop is pretty much like that. It was quite decent for a laptop two years ago, but it just can't compare to a desktop. I can run TES IV: Oblivion and Mass Effect on it at slightly less quality than on my xbox, but that's about it. I can afford to spend the money and get a gaming PC or build my own, but the reason I don't is that I worry that I'll either spend more time than I should gaming and this'll effect my grades/other academic stuff, or I won't let it affect my academics, but then I won't get to play as much and I'll have wasted my money as gaming progresses and my hypothetical gaming rig slowly grows obsolete.
I hate all of you. Mine runs Minecraft, on normal render distance, at around 10-15FPS. It's the reason I'm almost exclusively a retro gamer these days.

Offline PosthumanHeresy

• Directing Scenes for Celebritarian Needs
  • The Beast
  • Whatever doesn't kill you is gonna leave a scar
« Reply #2390 on: August 19, 2013, 12:41:29 am »

I hate all of you. Mine runs Minecraft, on normal render distance, at around 10-15FPS. It's the reason I'm almost exclusively a retro gamer these days.
Mine is from 2010 and can't run Half-Life. And it fails at Flash games too, if it's been on for more than several hours.
What I used to think was me is just a fading memory. I looked him right in the eye and said "Goodbye".
 - Trent Reznor, Down In It

Together as one, against all others.
- Marilyn Manson, Running To The Edge of The World

Humanity does learn from history,
sadly, they're rarely the ones in power.

Quote from: Ben Kuchera
Life is too damned short for the concept of “guilty” pleasures to have any meaning.

Offline JohnE

• The Beast
  • Heeeere's JohnE!
« Reply #2391 on: August 19, 2013, 01:11:10 am »
Just got back from a friend's wedding. A few Highlights:

- Fried chicken and waffle hors d'ouvres.

- The vows included quotes from Super Mario Bros, Legend of Zelda, and Hedwig and the Angry Inch

- Instead of a flower girl, they had a candy mime.

- Spontaneous, reception-wide sing-along to Hotel California.

- Reception got Rick rolled.

- Groom made out with best man.

- Groom sang a song to the bride backed up by himself x 3 in video form.
« Last Edit: August 19, 2013, 01:56:24 am by JohnE »

Offline Witchyjoshy

• SHITLORD THUNDERBASTARD!!
  • Kakarot
  • Thinks he's a bard
« Reply #2392 on: August 19, 2013, 03:24:17 am »
Oh god dammit that sounds like the most awesome wedding ever.
Mockery of ideas you don't comprehend or understand is the surest mark of unintelligence.

Even the worst union is better than the best Walmart.

Caladur's Active Character Sheet

Offline RavynousHunter

• Master Thief
  • The Beast
  • A man of no consequence.
    • My Twitter
« Reply #2393 on: August 19, 2013, 01:57:58 pm »
My brother once went to a wedding where every dish at the reception contained bacon, outside the drinks.  I repeat: every single edible dish had bacon in it, somewhere.

FUCK YES.
Quote from: Bra'tac
Life for the sake of life means nothing.

Offline Sigmaleph

• Ungodlike
  • Administrator
  • The Beast
    • sigmaleph on tumblr
« Reply #2394 on: August 19, 2013, 02:18:48 pm »
The Jewish vegetarian's nightmare.
Σא

Offline JohnE

• The Beast
  • Heeeere's JohnE!
« Reply #2395 on: August 19, 2013, 03:03:39 pm »
At the bride's last birthday party, she served "unicorn jerky," which was bacon with chocolate frosting and rainbow sprinkles.

Offline PosthumanHeresy

• Directing Scenes for Celebritarian Needs
  • The Beast
  • Whatever doesn't kill you is gonna leave a scar
« Reply #2396 on: August 19, 2013, 05:12:33 pm »
At the bride's last birthday party, she served "unicorn jerky," which was bacon with chocolate frosting and rainbow sprinkles.
That's awesome.
What I used to think was me is just a fading memory. I looked him right in the eye and said "Goodbye".
 - Trent Reznor, Down In It

Together as one, against all others.
- Marilyn Manson, Running To The Edge of The World

Humanity does learn from history,
sadly, they're rarely the ones in power.

Quote from: Ben Kuchera
Life is too damned short for the concept of “guilty” pleasures to have any meaning.

Offline nickiknack

• I Find Your Lack of Ponies... Disturbing
  • The Beast
  • HAS A KINK FOR SPACE NAZIS
« Reply #2397 on: August 19, 2013, 07:48:29 pm »
If I ever have a wedding, I want it to be just like that.

Offline RavynousHunter

• Master Thief
  • The Beast
  • A man of no consequence.
    • My Twitter
« Reply #2398 on: August 20, 2013, 12:50:24 am »
I wonder what would happen if you mixed bacon in with your traditional nacho spread...I MUST TEST THIS.  My arteries will hate me, but sweet Jesus, it'll be worth it.
Quote from: Bra'tac
Life for the sake of life means nothing.

Offline Valerius

• Pope
  • Gentlemen.
« Reply #2399 on: August 20, 2013, 03:22:52 pm »
Short 5-hour workday! Woohoo! The fact that I'm on a salary 'til classes start, and not an hourly wage makes this even more awesome! ;D