Author Topic: Best Political Cartoons  (Read 1641765 times)

Distind

Re: Best Political Cartoons
« Reply #1695 on: December 01, 2012, 08:35:11 pm »
I've never gotten it, I mean you've got New Years/eve like 6 days after Christmas, so you've got two damn holidays within a week of each other. Let's just call them holidays.

But no, saying holidays doesn't forcibly exclude other beliefs! Or something... I don't really get it.

Offline nickiknack

• I Find Your Lack of Ponies... Disturbing
  • The Beast
  • HAS A KINK FOR SPACE NAZIS
« Reply #1696 on: December 01, 2012, 08:40:15 pm »
I never got the big thing to do about it either, plus I love to point out to the jackasses that most of the christmas traditions are pagan in origin.

Offline Auggziliary

• The Beast
  • Queen of the birdies
« Reply #1697 on: December 01, 2012, 09:12:03 pm »
People are dicks about it too...
"Happy Holidays!"

"SHOW YOUR FUCKING CHRISTMAS JOY AND LOVE, YOU PRICK !!!1!"
BITCHES! YOU BITCHES! Killing me won't bring back your God damn honey!

Offline Vypernight

• The Beast
  • Stubborn, pig-headed skeptic
« Reply #1698 on: December 02, 2012, 05:29:54 am »
Last year, we weren't doing anything in our Chemistry class because it was the day before christmas break. I got bored and drew an awesome Christmas tree, snowman, penguin, etc, and wrote "Happy Holidays Everyone!". I went to check on it later and someone put an "X" over "Happy Holidays" and put "Merry Christmas".
Is Christmas not a holiday or something? Do other December holidays suddenly not exist anymore?
Seriously, do they expect everyone to give up their holiday and focus on Christmas, just so fundies they feel like they're better than everyone else?

A couple years ago at work, a customer I had helped wished me a Happy Hanukkah.  I thanked him, he asked if I was Jewish, and I said no but I appreciated the thought.  Not 30 seconds after the guy disappeared, some lady walked over and screamed in my face because I was not offended by someone wishing me well in their holiday.

Yeah, I'm supposed be offended by good wishes for a holiday, even if it's not mine, but I'm not supposed to be offended by some bitch screaming in my face.

Now I purposely say, "Happy Holidays," just to piss them all off!
Whenever I hear a politician speaking strongly for or against abortion, all I hear is, "I have no idea how to fix the economy!"

Offline Meshakhad

• The Beast
  • The Night Is Dark And Full Of Terrors... Like Me
« Reply #1699 on: December 02, 2012, 01:07:34 pm »
Anyone who tells me what I should be offended by is going to lose my respect in a hurry.

I use "Happy Holidays" when I can't determine the religion of the person, "Merry Christmas" if I am fairly certain that they're Christian, "Happy Hanukkah" if I'm fairly certain that they're Jewish, and "Chag Sameach" if I have reason to believe they understand any Hebrew.

The funny thing is that "Chag Sameach", the traditional Hebrew greeting for all holy days, literally translates as "Happy Holidays".
G-d's Kingdom Is A Hate-Free Zone

Quote from: Reploid Productions
Pardon the interruption, good sir/lady; there are aspects of your behavior that I find quite unbecoming, and I must insist most strenuously that I be permitted to assist in resolving these behaviors through the repeated high-velocity cranial introduction of particularly firm building materials.

Quote from: Meshakhad
GIVE ME KNOWLEDGE OR I WILL PUT A CAP IN YO ASS!

Offline nickiknack

• I Find Your Lack of Ponies... Disturbing
  • The Beast
  • HAS A KINK FOR SPACE NAZIS
« Reply #1700 on: December 02, 2012, 01:23:25 pm »
Last year, we weren't doing anything in our Chemistry class because it was the day before christmas break. I got bored and drew an awesome Christmas tree, snowman, penguin, etc, and wrote "Happy Holidays Everyone!". I went to check on it later and someone put an "X" over "Happy Holidays" and put "Merry Christmas".
Is Christmas not a holiday or something? Do other December holidays suddenly not exist anymore?
Seriously, do they expect everyone to give up their holiday and focus on Christmas, just so fundies they feel like they're better than everyone else?

A couple years ago at work, a customer I had helped wished me a Happy Hanukkah.  I thanked him, he asked if I was Jewish, and I said no but I appreciated the thought.  Not 30 seconds after the guy disappeared, some lady walked over and screamed in my face because I was not offended by someone wishing me well in their holiday.

Yeah, I'm supposed be offended by good wishes for a holiday, even if it's not mine, but I'm not supposed to be offended by some bitch screaming in my face.

Now I purposely say, "Happy Holidays," just to piss them all off!

I've been wished "Happy Hanukkah" many times, most of the time it's been from guys who were clearly Orthodox Jews, never got offended. The weird thing is that people tell me a lot of the time that I "look Jewish". ???

Offline Auggziliary

• The Beast
  • Queen of the birdies
« Reply #1701 on: December 02, 2012, 01:37:50 pm »
Unless it's Christmas, I generally tell everyone "Happy Holidays". Even if the person I'm saying it so is a Christian, there's still other things to celebrate, like New Year's.
Christmas is becoming more sexular though, which I like.

Offline Dakota Bob

• The Beast
  • UGLY BAG OF MOSTLY WATER
« Reply #1702 on: December 02, 2012, 02:21:46 pm »
Unless it's Christmas, I generally tell everyone "Happy Holidays". Even if the person I'm saying it so is a Christian, there's still other things to celebrate, like New Year's.

« Last Edit: December 02, 2012, 02:23:48 pm by Dakota Bob »

Offline Auggziliary

• The Beast
  • Queen of the birdies
« Reply #1703 on: December 02, 2012, 02:26:36 pm »
Wow..... Secular*. I do like a sexy Christmas though.

Offline Jack Mann

• Gold Bugger Jihad Pony
  • God
« Reply #1704 on: December 02, 2012, 02:27:04 pm »
Yeah, I don't consider Christmas to be a purely Christian holiday anymore.  I haven't been a Christian for a while, but I still celebrate Christmas, because, hey, presents (also family, charity, stuff like that).
اللغة العربية صعبة ، ولكنها جميلة جدا

Offline Lt. Fred

• The Beast
  • I see what you were trying to do there
« Reply #1705 on: December 02, 2012, 02:52:47 pm »
The funny thing is that "Chag Sameach", the traditional Hebrew greeting for all holy days, literally translates as "Happy Holidays".

Is it offensive if I use that? I really like the sound.
Ultimate Paragon admits to fabricating a hit piece on Politico.

http://fqa.digibase.ca/index.php?topic=6936.0

The party's name is the Democratic Party. It has been since 1830. Please spell correctly.

"The party must go wholly one way or wholly the other. It cannot face in both directions at the same time."
-FDR

Offline chad sexington

• Global Moderator
  • The Beast
« Reply #1706 on: December 02, 2012, 05:26:06 pm »

A sexular Christmas is the best Christmas :D

Offline Mechtaur

• The Beast
  • Ladies, contain your orgasms.
« Reply #1707 on: December 02, 2012, 06:53:40 pm »
Yeah, I don't consider Christmas to be a purely Christian holiday anymore.  I haven't been a Christian for a while, but I still celebrate Christmas, because, hey, presents (also family, charity, stuff like that).

I'm pretty sure most people just do Christmas out of tradition and as a social thing.

Offline kefkaownsall

• The Beast
« Reply #1708 on: December 02, 2012, 07:34:11 pm »
Not sure that is why I do xmas.  I call it xmas mostly because of Futurama.  I also celebrate by sealing my fireplace to prevent Santa from killing me

Offline TheL

• The Cock Teasing Teacher
  • The Beast
  • Fly like cheese sticks.
"Half the reason that I like foreign music is because I can kid myself that "Shake dat ass" is more poetic in Hindi."
--Sanda

Move every 'sig.'  For great justice!