Author Topic: Best Political Cartoons  (Read 1642662 times)

Offline KZN02

• The Beast
  • The Master of Tediousness
Re: Best Political Cartoons
« Reply #1890 on: January 21, 2013, 03:56:40 pm »

Well, given how the TYT blasts Obama for giving in to Republicans in negotiations and keeping some Bush era stuff in effect ...
What is, is not; what is not, is.

Offline dpareja

• The Beast
« Reply #1891 on: January 22, 2013, 01:42:43 am »

Quote from: Jordan Duram
It doesn't concern you, Sister, that kind of absolutist view of the universe? Right and wrong determined solely by a single all-knowing, all powerful being whose judgment cannot be questioned and in whose name the most horrendous acts can be sanctioned without appeal?

Quote from: Supreme Court of Canada
Being required by someone else’s religious beliefs to behave contrary to one’s sexual identity is degrading and disrespectful.

Offline RavynousHunter

• Master Thief
  • The Beast
  • A man of no consequence.
    • My Twitter
« Reply #1892 on: January 22, 2013, 03:10:37 am »
Unsure where to put this one but I do like how it's reminding people that protection is good.

And, I now have a new sigpic.  Modified for size, of course.
« Last Edit: January 22, 2013, 03:14:39 am by RavynousHunter »
Quote from: Bra'tac
Life for the sake of life means nothing.

Offline Dynamic Dragon

• The Beast
  • Punisher of the Guilty
« Reply #1893 on: January 22, 2013, 09:38:20 pm »
Learn from the past, live in the present, prepare for the future.

Offline Cerim Treascair

• My Love Is Lunar
  • The Beast
  • Get me my arbalest... explosive bolts, please.
« Reply #1894 on: January 22, 2013, 09:44:47 pm »
Dragon, that is BEAUTIFUL! Where'd you find it?
There is light and darkness in the world, to be sure.  However, there's no harm to be had in walking in the shade or shadows.

Formerly Priestling

"I don't give a fuck about race...I'm white, I'm American, but that shit don't matter.  I'm human."

Offline Dynamic Dragon

• The Beast
  • Punisher of the Guilty
« Reply #1895 on: January 22, 2013, 09:53:56 pm »
« Last Edit: January 22, 2013, 09:55:46 pm by Dynamic Dragon »
Learn from the past, live in the present, prepare for the future.

Offline Feral Dog

• The Beast
  • Caffeine, how I adore thee.
« Reply #1896 on: January 22, 2013, 10:51:44 pm »
Have you figured out the irony of not wanting to live in a police state while having armed guards everywhere yet?
Ha, yes. But seriously, the NRA advocating a police state while also not and expecting to be taken seriously was like watching a snake eat itself.
Fiber Arts Enthusiast

EDIT: Aaaand my 10,000th post is about fascism, Plato, and gay sex. This is clearly a great accomplishment.

Offline ThunderWulf

• Strange, even crazy, but never dull
  • The Beast
  • By Odin's beard!
« Reply #1897 on: January 23, 2013, 05:12:14 pm »
a.k.a. TGRwulf
"hehehehe. you said member." ~ Shepard/Booker
"it's kind of like my right left hand on a sunday every night. How so? It beats the fuck out of me!" ~ Saturn500
"Drinking, fighting, fucking...they basically outlawed 99% of the lifestyle of your typical Irishman.  Much less your typical Viking." ~ RavynousHunter

Offline Alehksunos

• Transvestite Boo-kin
  • The Beast
  • Gay Witch for Abortion
« Reply #1898 on: January 24, 2013, 02:41:54 am »

Unsure where to put this one but I do like how it's reminding people that protection is good.
I just thought about this:

As this "cartoon" addresses that the typical guy who is reluctant to wear a condom because the joy of feeling your girlfriend's mucus-lined vagina is not there is also a douche who is reluctant to pay money to support someone's life, then what if the child born from not bothering to protect one self experiences "failure to launch" and it's more than eighteen years of supporting someone's life? What if that child becomes the "neckbeard" stereotype and never leaves your home?

Why wearing a condom and using other forms of contraception is important and why the natalist "Every sperm is sacred" movement is full of shit.

Offline dpareja

• The Beast
« Reply #1899 on: January 25, 2013, 12:16:34 pm »

Quote from: Jordan Duram
It doesn't concern you, Sister, that kind of absolutist view of the universe? Right and wrong determined solely by a single all-knowing, all powerful being whose judgment cannot be questioned and in whose name the most horrendous acts can be sanctioned without appeal?

Quote from: Supreme Court of Canada
Being required by someone else’s religious beliefs to behave contrary to one’s sexual identity is degrading and disrespectful.

Offline mellenORL

• Pedal Pushing Puppy Peon
  • The Beast
« Reply #1900 on: January 25, 2013, 01:01:29 pm »

This is making a good point, but with skewed data. Canada and the US typically count retail, restaurant and industrial waste along with post consumer garbage for their respective per capita/per person figures. Canada produces much more industrial waste per person because of labor efficiency and types of industry. So, no, Canadians are not garbage-pumpin' wastrels. Americans are,  per capita, the worst garbage per person producers. Oddly, followed by the Japanese, because of a stubborn Japanese cultural trait of store owners basically gift wrapping the fuck out of everything customers buy in a store, but that is mostly paper, and being recycled.
Quote from: Ultimate Chatbot That Totally Passes The Turing Test
I sympathize completely. However, to use against us. Let me ask you a troll. On the one who pulled it. But here's the question: where do I think it might as well have stepped out of all people would cling to a layman.

Offline Askold

• Definitely not hiding a dark secret.
  • Global Moderator
  • The Beast
« Reply #1901 on: January 27, 2013, 01:57:42 pm »

No matter what happens, no matter what my last words may end up being, I want everyone to claim that they were:
"If you strike me down, I shall become more powerful than you could possibly imagine."
Aww, you guys rock. :)  I feel the love... and the pitchforks and torches.  Tingly!

Offline ThunderWulf

• Strange, even crazy, but never dull
  • The Beast
  • By Odin's beard!
« Reply #1902 on: January 27, 2013, 04:00:46 pm »
It's sad that I feel like that second one is right on the money.
a.k.a. TGRwulf
"hehehehe. you said member." ~ Shepard/Booker
"it's kind of like my right left hand on a sunday every night. How so? It beats the fuck out of me!" ~ Saturn500
"Drinking, fighting, fucking...they basically outlawed 99% of the lifestyle of your typical Irishman.  Much less your typical Viking." ~ RavynousHunter

Offline Shane for Wax

• Official Mosin Nagant Fanboy, Crazy, and Lord of Androgynes
  • Kakarot
  • Twin to shy, lover of weapons, pagan, wolf-brother
    • Game Podunk
« Reply #1903 on: January 27, 2013, 04:47:36 pm »

&
"The human race. Greatest monsters of them all."
"Ke barjurir gar'ade, jagyc'ade kot'la a dalyc'ade kotla'shya."
Fucking Dalek twats I’m going to twat you over the head with my fucking TARDIS you fucking fucks!

Offline Material Defender

• Food Scientist in Space
  • The Beast
  • Pilot of the Pyro-GX
« Reply #1904 on: January 28, 2013, 05:10:36 pm »

Saw that on the news a day or two ago. Was pleased, to say the least.
The material needs a defender more than the spiritual. If there is a higher power, it can defend itself from the material. Thus denotes 'higher power'.

"Not to know is bad. Not to want to know is worse. Not to hope is unthinkable. Not to care is unforgivable." -Nigerian Saying