Author Topic: Best Political Cartoons  (Read 1642080 times)

Offline I am lizard

• The Beast
    • https://www.instagram.com/p/9SIHifrULJ/
Re: Best Political Cartoons
« Reply #4110 on: July 07, 2014, 02:00:39 pm »
I'm gonna say that while it is true the US has a culture of propaganda, it's not as bad as North Korea simply because generally when i criticize the government me and my entire family aren't shipped off to a death camp to be put on starvation diets.

Offline Ironchew

• Official Edgelord
  • The Beast
  • The calm, intellectual Trotsky-like Trotskyist
« Reply #4111 on: July 07, 2014, 02:40:04 pm »
I'm gonna say that while it is true the US has a culture of propaganda, it's not as bad as North Korea simply because generally when i criticize the government me and my entire family aren't shipped off to a death camp to be put on starvation diets.

Some governments are more easily embarrassed than others, true. When you do embarrass the U.S. government, though, they try to put you away. Just ask Chelsea Manning, Edward Snowden, or Julian Assange.
Consumption is not a politically combative act — refraining from consumption even less so.

Offline Ultimate Paragon

• The Beast
  • Tougher than diamonds, stronger than steel
« Reply #4112 on: July 07, 2014, 05:04:19 pm »

Offline Canadian Mojo

• Don't Steal Him. We Need Him. He Makes Us Cool!
  • The Beast
  • Υπό σκιή
« Reply #4113 on: July 07, 2014, 05:34:04 pm »
Well, in my experience, most members of the armed forces are respectable.  Maybe I've just been lucky in that regard.  And maybe this has colored my perceptions.
Maybe you have been lucky, because my experience all of the soldiers I've ever known -- which would include one of my best friends -- were fucked in the head.

Of course, this could be a regional thing since here in Canada we have a rather small military so it is not a particularly attractive or viable career path for someone just looking for a job.

Offline Second Coming of Madman

• Some of Internet Jesus
  • The Beast
  • Cisscum Internationale Society
« Reply #4114 on: July 07, 2014, 06:58:09 pm »
Well, in my experience, most members of the armed forces are respectable.  Maybe I've just been lucky in that regard.  And maybe this has colored my perceptions.
Maybe you have been lucky, because my experience all of the soldiers I've ever known -- which would include one of my best friends -- were fucked in the head.

Of course, this could be a regional thing since here in Canada we have a rather small military so it is not a particularly attractive or viable career path for someone just looking for a job.

Canada has a military?
@KanzlerImaginos - Feel free to drop me a line.

Toddlers get too much exercise, they wouldn't make good veal.

Offline Ultimate Paragon

• The Beast
« Reply #4115 on: July 07, 2014, 07:10:33 pm »

Canada has a military?
Yeah.  It's small, but it's not to be fucked with.

Offline Ultimate Paragon

• The Beast
« Reply #4116 on: July 07, 2014, 09:07:47 pm »

Offline Lt. Fred

• The Beast
  • I see what you were trying to do there
« Reply #4117 on: July 08, 2014, 04:49:00 am »
There's one element you seem to be ignoring: the lack of dissenting voices.  When you have real dissent, you can't compare it to North Korea with any kind of intellectual honesty.  Moreover, just about all North Korean propaganda comes from the government, directly or indirectly.  Here, however, a lot of this "propaganda" you talk about comes from independent media outlets, businesses, private citizens, etc.  And quite a bit of it is in direct opposition to the government's views and goals.  Apples and oranges, buddy.

You don't think the US press censors out some views? Daniel Hallin.
Ultimate Paragon admits to fabricating a hit piece on Politico.

http://fqa.digibase.ca/index.php?topic=6936.0

The party's name is the Democratic Party. It has been since 1830. Please spell correctly.

"The party must go wholly one way or wholly the other. It cannot face in both directions at the same time."
-FDR

Offline Ultimate Paragon

• The Beast
« Reply #4118 on: July 08, 2014, 08:34:51 am »

Offline dpareja

• The Beast
« Reply #4119 on: July 08, 2014, 06:52:19 pm »
Debating where to put this but it does sort of belong here...

Quote from: Jordan Duram
It doesn't concern you, Sister, that kind of absolutist view of the universe? Right and wrong determined solely by a single all-knowing, all powerful being whose judgment cannot be questioned and in whose name the most horrendous acts can be sanctioned without appeal?

Quote from: Supreme Court of Canada
Being required by someone else’s religious beliefs to behave contrary to one’s sexual identity is degrading and disrespectful.

Offline Ultimate Paragon

• The Beast
« Reply #4120 on: July 08, 2014, 06:59:16 pm »

Offline MadCatTLX

• The Beast
« Reply #4121 on: July 08, 2014, 07:18:40 pm »

Fun Fact: New Zealand is the only country were you can legally distill alcohol without a shit ton of paperwork, permits, and taxes.
History is full of maniacs, my friend, men and women of intelect, highly perceptive individuals, who's brilliant minds know neither restraint nor taboo. Such notions are the devils we must slay for the edification of pony-kind. Even if said edification means violating the rules of decency, society, and rightousness itself.
                                                                                                                                                             -Twilight Sparkle, MAGIC.mov

Offline dpareja

• The Beast
« Reply #4122 on: July 08, 2014, 07:32:33 pm »

Fun Fact: New Zealand is the only country were you can legally distill alcohol without a shit ton of paperwork, permits, and taxes.

Quote from: Jordan Duram
It doesn't concern you, Sister, that kind of absolutist view of the universe? Right and wrong determined solely by a single all-knowing, all powerful being whose judgment cannot be questioned and in whose name the most horrendous acts can be sanctioned without appeal?

Quote from: Supreme Court of Canada
Being required by someone else’s religious beliefs to behave contrary to one’s sexual identity is degrading and disrespectful.

Offline Ultimate Paragon

• The Beast
« Reply #4123 on: July 08, 2014, 08:21:58 pm »

Offline Cerim Treascair

• My Love Is Lunar
  • The Beast
  • Get me my arbalest... explosive bolts, please.
« Reply #4124 on: July 08, 2014, 09:13:25 pm »
Ah, yes... memories of clearing out the bunkhouse... admittedly, we never had to worry about insects.  There was a friendly flock of bats that took up roost there.  Those little guys actually kept me company at night.
There is light and darkness in the world, to be sure.  However, there's no harm to be had in walking in the shade or shadows.

Formerly Priestling

"I don't give a fuck about race...I'm white, I'm American, but that shit don't matter.  I'm human."