Author Topic: Best Political Cartoons  (Read 1642523 times)

Offline Barbarella

• The Beast
  • A Little REY of Sunshine!
Re: Best Political Cartoons
« Reply #4155 on: July 16, 2014, 08:28:14 am »

I looked up this guy (I'm American & he never had a following here). Yeesh, it's like Jimmy Savile all over again!

(Had no idea who Jimmy Savile was, initially, either)
You know what makes it even worse?  He actually made a child abuse prevention video:

<a href="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jhDaJs3loOA" target="_blank">http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jhDaJs3loOA</a>

Fucking hypocrite.

*Yecch*! It's like this guy, an NFL star who had a strong pro-woman/feminism image....he turned out to be a serial rapist of women....
http://www.nytimes.com/2014/05/16/sports/football/ex-nfl-star-who-spoke-out-for-women-is-accused-of-being-a-rapist.html?_r=0

I guess that's one of the techniques of a predator/sociopath/psychopath......act like someone who loathes the behavior & mindset of the person you really are, that way no one would suspect you. Even if you're caught, otherwise sane people will defend you because they don't want to believe the truth.

I wish there was some sort of ASPD-Detector. It would save a lot of folks grief. Just point it at a person....*schazap*...."DEFICIENT EMPATHY! ANTI-SOCIAL PERSONALITY DETECTED! ABORT! ABORT!"

Offline Ultimate Paragon

• The Beast
  • Tougher than diamonds, stronger than steel
« Reply #4156 on: July 16, 2014, 08:51:47 am »

I looked up this guy (I'm American & he never had a following here). Yeesh, it's like Jimmy Savile all over again!

(Had no idea who Jimmy Savile was, initially, either)
You know what makes it even worse?  He actually made a child abuse prevention video:

<a href="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jhDaJs3loOA" target="_blank">http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jhDaJs3loOA</a>

Fucking hypocrite.

*Yecch*! It's like this guy, an NFL star who had a strong pro-woman/feminism image....he turned out to be a serial rapist of women....
http://www.nytimes.com/2014/05/16/sports/football/ex-nfl-star-who-spoke-out-for-women-is-accused-of-being-a-rapist.html?_r=0

I guess that's one of the techniques of a predator/sociopath/psychopath......act like someone who loathes the behavior & mindset of the person you really are, that way no one would suspect you. Even if you're caught, otherwise sane people will defend you because they don't want to believe the truth.

I wish there was some sort of ASPD-Detector. It would save a lot of folks grief. Just point it at a person....*schazap*...."DEFICIENT EMPATHY! ANTI-SOCIAL PERSONALITY DETECTED! ABORT! ABORT!"
So, to make a long story short, fuck him.

Offline Random Gal

• Bisex Rex
  • The Beast
  • Sic Semper Tyrannosaurus
« Reply #4157 on: July 16, 2014, 09:18:13 am »

I'd rather not.

Offline Ultimate Paragon

• The Beast
« Reply #4158 on: July 16, 2014, 01:13:51 pm »

I'd rather not.
Well, he's probably not your type.

Offline Ironchew

• Official Edgelord
  • The Beast
  • The calm, intellectual Trotsky-like Trotskyist
« Reply #4159 on: July 16, 2014, 01:24:57 pm »

You could build a dystopia with a weapon like that. 1984 would pale in comparison.
Consumption is not a politically combative act — refraining from consumption even less so.

Offline I am lizard

• The Beast
    • https://www.instagram.com/p/9SIHifrULJ/
« Reply #4160 on: July 16, 2014, 04:15:32 pm »

The problem with these kind of cartoons is that it fails to acknowledge the death toll the is extremely lobsided for Palestinians.

Offline guizonde

• anglican occitan
  • The Beast
  • capslock is the devil
« Reply #4161 on: July 16, 2014, 04:22:32 pm »
@lizard: the death toll is always more lopsided for the grunts and the civilians. i guarantee that if it was a high-command versus high-command slugfest, we'd see more peace talks and less urban bombing.

after studying the israel vs palestine conflict, i can safely say that neither is the good guy. i know quite a few israeli exiles in my area. i've never met bigger antisemites. the rare palestinians i know hate both warring governments equally. i don't care for politics, but seeing an israeli calling for the public flogging of netanyahu is sufficiently jarring for me to take note that it's a sterile conflict driven more by ego than outright demands, in which the only casualties are the ones who didn't ask for any of that shit.

regarding the comic, i like to interpret the word "side" to refer to the political organizations rather than the troopers themselves. the troopers aren't doing anything to keep the fight alive, it's the brass that's slinging insults at each other.
@ guizonde: I think I like the way you think.
Warning: Biohazardously Awesome

0_o 0_0 ¯\(º_o)/¯

Offline Second Coming of Madman

• Some of Internet Jesus
  • The Beast
  • Cisscum Internationale Society
« Reply #4162 on: July 16, 2014, 08:46:39 pm »
Israel is the greatest military power in the Middle East, and it can't shut down it's home-grown secessionist terrorist problem even with all our tax dollars.

I say, we cut it's foreign aid if they're just going to use it to make weapons to kill civilians. That's a war crime, no matter how my brother  or anybody else tries to slice it as "anti-terrorism". Even worse, this diverts the government's attentions from the problems like poverty with a poverty rate of 20%

In addition, it's clear that Israel makes our early 2000s America look horrendous. For instance, 1000 Palestinians were killed on the grounds of "500 of them were militants".

Unacceptable for a democratic state, much less a explicit ally of the United States.
@KanzlerImaginos - Feel free to drop me a line.

Toddlers get too much exercise, they wouldn't make good veal.

Offline Ultimate Paragon

• The Beast
« Reply #4163 on: July 16, 2014, 08:54:02 pm »
Israel is the greatest military power in the Middle East, and it can't shut down it's home-grown secessionist terrorist problem even with all our tax dollars.

I say, we cut it's foreign aid if they're just going to use it to make weapons to kill civilians. That's a war crime, no matter how my brother  or anybody else tries to slice it as "anti-terrorism". Even worse, this diverts the government's attentions from the problems like poverty with a poverty rate of 20%

In addition, it's clear that Israel makes our early 2000s America look horrendous. For instance, 1000 Palestinians were killed on the grounds of "500 of them were militants".

Unacceptable for a democratic state, much less a explicit ally of the United States.
You make it sound as if Israel is deliberately targeting innocent people.  While the deaths of innocent Palestinians are undoubtedly tragic, it's hardly an industrial-scale My Lai.  Besides, Hamas must shoulder some of the blame because of their cowardly tactics.

• Some of Internet Jesus
  • The Beast
« Reply #4164 on: July 16, 2014, 09:00:20 pm »

You make it sound as if Israel is deliberately targeting innocent people.  While the deaths of innocent Palestinians are undoubtedly tragic, it's hardly an industrial-scale My Lai.  Besides, Hamas must shoulder some of the blame because of their cowardly tactics.

Not as cowardly as holding somebody incommunicado before trying them before a military court, is it?

Or using human shields.

Or targeted killings.

Offline Witchyjoshy

• SHITLORD THUNDERBASTARD!!
  • Kakarot
  • Thinks he's a bard
« Reply #4165 on: July 16, 2014, 09:01:19 pm »

If a coward tempts a man to shoot at an innocent individual to get to them, it is still on the man for shooting the innocent individual.
Mockery of ideas you don't comprehend or understand is the surest mark of unintelligence.

Even the worst union is better than the best Walmart.

Caladur's Active Character Sheet

Offline Ultimate Paragon

• The Beast
« Reply #4166 on: July 16, 2014, 09:03:06 pm »

Not as cowardly as holding somebody incommunicado before trying them before a military court, is it?

Or using human shields.

Or targeted killings.

1. That's questionable, but I'd hardly call it "cowardly".

2.  Since when does the IDF use human shields?  That's a tactic Hamas uses.

3.  It's not cowardly, it's a pragmatic (albeit somewhat dubious) means of preserving innocent lives.
« Last Edit: July 16, 2014, 09:06:15 pm by Ultimate Paragon »

Offline I am lizard

• The Beast
    • https://www.instagram.com/p/9SIHifrULJ/
« Reply #4167 on: July 16, 2014, 09:05:24 pm »
@lizard: the death toll is always more lopsided for the grunts and the civilians. i guarantee that if it was a high-command versus high-command slugfest, we'd see more peace talks and less urban bombing.

after studying the israel vs palestine conflict, i can safely say that neither is the good guy. i know quite a few israeli exiles in my area. i've never met bigger antisemites. the rare palestinians i know hate both warring governments equally. i don't care for politics, but seeing an israeli calling for the public flogging of netanyahu is sufficiently jarring for me to take note that it's a sterile conflict driven more by ego than outright demands, in which the only casualties are the ones who didn't ask for any of that shit.

regarding the comic, i like to interpret the word "side" to refer to the political organizations rather than the troopers themselves. the troopers aren't doing anything to keep the fight alive, it's the brass that's slinging insults at each other.
I meant that the death toll in palestine was higher than in israel.

• Some of Internet Jesus
  • The Beast
« Reply #4168 on: July 16, 2014, 09:05:55 pm »

Or using human shields.

Or targeted killings.
Since when does the IDF use human shields?  That's a tactic Hamas uses.

It's a documented fact, by HRW, AI, and the UN.

Offline Ultimate Paragon

• The Beast
« Reply #4169 on: July 16, 2014, 09:10:40 pm »

Or using human shields.

Or targeted killings.
Since when does the IDF use human shields?  That's a tactic Hamas uses.

It's a documented fact, by HRW, AI, and the UN.
And it was banned by Israel's High Court of Justice.  Besides, Hamas got that ball rolling.