Author Topic: Best Political Cartoons  (Read 1642424 times)

Offline I am lizard

• The Beast
    • https://www.instagram.com/p/9SIHifrULJ/
Re: Best Political Cartoons
« Reply #4740 on: December 06, 2014, 05:54:52 pm »

Actually, from what I can tell most radical feminist tend to harm women more than men (SWEFS, TERFS, ect.) similarly to how most victims of the French Revolution were peasants.

Offline Ultimate Paragon

• The Beast
  • Tougher than diamonds, stronger than steel
« Reply #4741 on: December 06, 2014, 06:28:50 pm »

Actually, from what I can tell most radical feminist tend to harm women more than men (SWEFS, TERFS, ect.) similarly to how most victims of the French Revolution were peasants.

I'm not entirely sure if that's true, but radical feminism's negative impact on hookers and trans* people is still worthy of discussion.

Or maybe that's a gigolo or a transwoman she's getting ready to kill.

Offline I am lizard

• The Beast
« Reply #4742 on: December 06, 2014, 07:35:30 pm »

I'm not entirely sure if that's true, but radical feminism's negative impact on hookers and trans* people is still worthy of discussion.

Either way the radical feminist movement is stupid and destructive. 

Offline Ironchew

• Official Edgelord
  • The Beast
  • The calm, intellectual Trotsky-like Trotskyist
« Reply #4743 on: December 06, 2014, 09:24:29 pm »

Are there really enough of them to make a big deal about it?

Sounds like the elusive feminazis to me...
Consumption is not a politically combative act — refraining from consumption even less so.

Offline I am lizard

• The Beast
« Reply #4744 on: December 06, 2014, 09:52:45 pm »

No, not really.

Offline Ultimate Paragon

• The Beast
« Reply #4745 on: December 06, 2014, 10:05:04 pm »

Does it matter?

Offline Ironchew

• Official Edgelord
  • The Beast
  • The calm, intellectual Trotsky-like Trotskyist
« Reply #4746 on: December 06, 2014, 10:49:04 pm »

Does it matter?

There are actual institutions with state backing that are harming these groups and I would rather focus my attention on those than worry about a boogeyman one step removed from feminazis.
Consumption is not a politically combative act — refraining from consumption even less so.

Offline Tolpuddle Martyr

• The Beast
  • Have you got thumbs? SHOW ME YOUR FUCKING THUMBS!
« Reply #4747 on: December 07, 2014, 03:23:52 am »

Reminds me of the old RadfemHub quotes that used to appear on FSTDT.

Does this ideology actually count as feminism though? Aren't the more gender supremacists in the vein of Vox Day?

Offline Ultimate Paragon

• The Beast
« Reply #4748 on: December 07, 2014, 07:29:35 pm »

Offline Yla

• The Beast
« Reply #4749 on: December 08, 2014, 11:02:03 am »
That said, I've stopped trying to anticipate what people around here want a while ago, I've found it makes things smoother.
For I was an hungred, and ye told me to pull myself up by my bootstraps: I was thirsty, and ye demanded payment for the privilege of thine urine: I was a stranger, and ye deported me: naked, and ye arrested me for indecency.

Offline Askold

• Definitely not hiding a dark secret.
  • Global Moderator
  • The Beast
« Reply #4750 on: December 09, 2014, 06:05:37 am »
No matter what happens, no matter what my last words may end up being, I want everyone to claim that they were:
"If you strike me down, I shall become more powerful than you could possibly imagine."
Aww, you guys rock. :)  I feel the love... and the pitchforks and torches.  Tingly!

Offline I am lizard

• The Beast
« Reply #4751 on: December 11, 2014, 10:59:08 am »

Offline guizonde

• anglican occitan
  • The Beast
  • capslock is the devil
« Reply #4752 on: December 11, 2014, 11:18:13 am »

i don't see how that's good. but perhaps i'm being a bit harsh, on account of the fact that i don't believe in the concept of racism (xenophobia, on the other hand is a huge problem). you see, admitting that there is a concept of "racism" is admitting that there are different races of humans. there are none anymore (for example, neanderthal was a different race, but they're extinct). this cartoon is a bunch of strawmen. what should be done is adress the root cause instead of decrying those fallacies.

10 is a moot point. it's over and done, get over it. the more defensive you are, the guiltier you look.
9 is bull. it's not ok to criticize anyone based on origins.
8 is false, seeing as xenophobia is still rampant worldwide.
7 is a no true scotsman.
6 is too near-sighted. let's talk "racism", not "racism against x". target the big problem, not the details.
5 what. cultural myopia combined with political correctness gone silly?
4 it does distract from the point, but it is related, so no, it's not unfair. immigration is a problem: humans should go wherever they feel like going.
3 bull. unless you're a goddamned blessed handyman, give credit where credit is due.
2 no true scotsman.
1 good for you, that however doesn't discount you from helping to kill racism and xenophobia. that's what i'm doing right now.

this comic is as racist as anything: just flip the race card around and it applies to any background. that, and it's racist by recognizing whites as a race. it's not. i'd move this to "worst political cartoons", truth be told.
@ guizonde: I think I like the way you think.
Warning: Biohazardously Awesome

0_o 0_0 ¯\(º_o)/¯

Offline Ultimate Paragon

• The Beast
« Reply #4753 on: December 11, 2014, 11:25:31 am »

i don't see how that's good. but perhaps i'm being a bit harsh, on account of the fact that i don't believe in the concept of racism (xenophobia, on the other hand is a huge problem). you see, admitting that there is a concept of "racism" is admitting that there are different races of humans. there are none anymore (for example, neanderthal was a different race, but they're extinct). this cartoon is a bunch of strawmen. what should be done is adress the root cause instead of decrying those fallacies.

10 is a moot point. it's over and done, get over it. the more defensive you are, the guiltier you look.
7 is a no true scotsman.
6 is too near-sighted. let's talk "racism", not "racism against x". target the big problem, not the details.
4 it does distract from the point, but it is related, so no, it's not unfair. immigration is a problem: humans should go wherever they feel like going.
3 bull. unless you're a goddamned blessed handyman, give credit where credit is due.
2 no true scotsman.
1 good for you, that however doesn't discount you from helping to kill racism and xenophobia. that's what i'm doing right now.

this comic is as racist as anything: just flip the race card around and it applies to any background. that, and it's racist by recognizing whites as a race. it's not. i'd move this to "worst political cartoons", truth be told.

...I think you're really missing the point.

Offline guizonde

• anglican occitan
  • The Beast
  • capslock is the devil
« Reply #4754 on: December 11, 2014, 11:28:35 am »

7 is a no true scotsman.
2 no true scotsman.

...I think you're really missing the point.

nah, felt like raging tumblr-style. but imagine not believing in race like i do and seeing humans tear each other apart. it would rankle for you too.
@ guizonde: I think I like the way you think.
Warning: Biohazardously Awesome

0_o 0_0 ¯\(º_o)/¯